1. Resists on mobs seems out of wack

I just started here and rolled a human mage. I noticed something very weird though.

While doing the candles and dust quests, killing the little kobolds. I noticed my rank 2 fireball which is slated in the description to do 35-45 damage was consistently doing closer to 10.

I opened the combat log and started a new fight 5 fireballs in a row between 9 and 11 damage with 30+ being resisted.

Mind you this is a level 9 mage fighting level 5 kobolds. I did notice my group mate using frostbolt did NOT have the same issue.

Maybe it's just fireball?

Anyone else notice this?

2. This is TBC and certain mobs have certain resistances. Nothing to be worried about, just keep leveling.

3. I just started here and rolled a human mage. I noticed something very weird though.

While doing the candles and dust quests, killing the little kobolds. I noticed my rank 2 fireball which is slated in the description to do 35-45 damage was consistently doing closer to 10.

I opened the combat log and started a new fight 5 fireballs in a row between 9 and 11 damage with 30+ being resisted.

Mind you this is a level 9 mage fighting level 5 kobolds. I did notice my group mate using frostbolt did NOT have the same issue.

Maybe it's just fireball?

Anyone else notice this?
    Partial resists are rough on outland. Frostbolt does not recieve partials, cus of blizz wierd mechanics. Fireball does, though.