1. Fastest way of levelling?

Before anyone says it, yes, leveling your first character with 7x exp is still slow as hell. It takes forever to find groups for dungeons and questing is also taking forever. Anyone have ideas on at least where to quest to get the most exp the quickest?

2. Doing quests is the fasesst way of levleing if you know where to go and what quests to do you can ding 80 in week or less depending on how time you play.

3. Doing quests along a proper questing path is the best way to 80. You have to remember that the zones are pre cataclysm so there's a lot of running involved in non-updated zones.
    As such here's my usual route (note I'm usually horde):
    Note: join / rejoin rdf every 5 lvls or so but don't expect it to pop often if at all.

For horde I usually go something like: starting race area till lvl 5 -> eversong woods lvl 10 -> ghostlands till 20-23 (depending on if you want the blue weapon, either way the rep items there are decent for a while.) -> hillsbrad foothills 33-35 ish? -> go to UC grab ghost chick quest by Sylvanas, go back to hillsbrad for ogre chain in hillsbrad/alterac mountains 40- (45if you have the patience for it) -> 2 options I find tolerable.

Classic:
    @40 go hinterlands do the lunch / turtle chains to unlock the rest of the quests that lead out into the zone. Grab all quests then do them all and don't turn in till all of them are done. Easily hit 50-53 -> EPL till 58
    @40 if you like walking: feralas; other than the troll quest to get resources doing the rest will get you to 50+ easy. -> Un'goro / silithus if you like walking for a long while.

Outlands:
    rdf: i aim for the ramps quest and then join rdf for OL dungeons.
    @58 welcome to hell:fire :/ You cooouullldd sit in hellfire till 68 and go to northrend. But I'm not masochistic so... pick 1:
    @62 zangarmarsh if hellfire is camper heaven
    @64 if hellfire is ok, for your time zone, you might as well chill till 64 and head to terrokor forest till 66. Mostly because of low population in terms of people questing there.
    @66 Choose your poison to 68, nagrand or thousand needles. Being camped? try the other zone. Or go back to a previous zone.

Northrend:
    rdf: I usually wait till i have at least 1 quest for a dungeon before que'ing rdf in these lvl ranges cuz dungeon quests give A LOT of xp. Also after you have done your normal RDF and are unable to acquire triumph emblems from it, using specific queue to choose dungeons that you have quests for is HIGHLY recommended.

@68 Howlingfjord till 70-ish will usually unlock all dungeon quests that you can pick up for UK. Varies on faction:
    Horde: you do like 1 or 2 quests and you can get the 3rd UK quest that's found in the 1st horde base you end up at as you entered the zone.
    Alliance: stick around until the quests that are under the UK zone are done then you should be able to pick up the quests for UK from a dwarf near the outside of the instance.

@70 or w/e you feel like going there: Boring Tundra
    Do entry zone quests till the mage person says go to the kirin'tor bums. Now go there, hit friendly with kirin'tor(4-5) quests

@7? hit up coldarra sit there while doing quest chains to grab the 4 nexus quests.
    Note1: 1 of them is a drop so as soon as you initially grab the first few quests, head north west till you see a small circular area with a lot of mages and blue hounds, kill a mage? and the quest item should drop.
    Note2: Nexus hunter something quest doesn't work, after you get it drop it and focus on the other chains till you got all 4 nexus quests.

@7? I'll head towards dragon blight to pick up the old kingdom/ azjol nerub quests. Rejoin rdf. Head towards the dragon temple and grab the faction fp a long the way: star's rest / something orc base.
    @ Dragon Temple: grab emerald / obsidian? (green&black) dragon blight quest chains and do those. About 2-3 green is ok. Followed by the entire black chain will get you to friendly with wymrest rep (pick up the damn tabard).

Note:
    Heading to dalaran... You can do this at any point around 75+ish from any major 'Faction base' horde / alli. NOT others. There should be a kirin'tor representative that should have a quest to go to dalaran, and if you talk to them they SHOULD port you into the city. I usually just get a mage port around lvl 20 and set it to my hearth so, meh.
    (pick up the damn tabard) @75? + you should be able to grab a quest from the violet citadel? to head to the violet prison area to pick up the VH dungeon quest.

@ after dragon people:
    By this point it depends on if this is your first character or not.
    1st Char: head to faction base on eastern side of dragon blight do quest chains there because it's easy to get about 1k from those sub zones, which is what you want to Buy cold weather at 78 and pick up dual spec if you haven't already.
    2nd Char+: ZG or Grizzly till 77-78, either way I'd recommend heading to the troll base that's in ZG to pick up the 'just checkin' quest as it allows you to grab the 2 quests for the Gundrak? dungeon.

@ lvl 78 Buy coldweather if you haven't already, there's a 1k tome you can buy in dal to get it at lvl 68 if ground mounting is painful for you, it can be found at the dalaran FP zone by a High Elf chick on a blue dragonhawk mount.

@78 w/ Coldweather. Dalaran zone area will have a few quests available, you want the "war preparations / preparations for war" one. I don't remember the exact name... Fly out to the argent crusade base in icecrown and grab the fp, it takes like 40s, then fly out to your faction airship to turn in the war quest to unlock the Argent Crusade / DK faction quest hubs.
    I usually do dk faction till friendly, pick up the tabard then flight path back to the argent crusade base to do their quests for their tabard and you will have hit 80 a long the way while grabbing all faction tabards. And if you're lucky you will have finished quite a few dungeon quests that you can turn in at any point on your questing to 80, i usually turn them in pre argent / dk quest path and that'll get me close to if not lvl 79 while getting, meh ok gear that should help boost your ilvl up high enough to get into heroics.

Note: Ilvl, to enable the viewing of ilvl on items it's: Interface -> Display -> (bottom right) Show Item Level, you're supposed to be able to enter rdf hc around 187-200 avg ilvl across ALL items but Warmane is a bit buggy so when you can queue, you can queue.

Tips: logging out into character select screen and back in game to update warmanes ui might help. Also buying crap lvl 78+ greens/blues and wearing them is a decent ilvl boost to get into rdf hc. Just make sure to switch back to real gear once you're in a dungeon though. My hunter wore spirit / agi green wrists and gloves to queue into hcs at first... XD
    Edited: December 2, 2017

4. Leveling in a spec/gear that doesn't heavily use mana is ideal as well so u don't waste time drinking.

5. Leveling here is so easy. Questing is fastest way so far. You can get your level 80 in 2 days max if doing proper quests and sometimes grinding mobs when feeling rested. Thing is that you need to do quests for your level, don't do greens and low level quests. Don't ever stay in one zone to do all quests there, it's waste of time since half of the quests will give you low to none xp. You could google wotlk/vanilla leveling zones or just download quest helper and see zone level in game. Also, doing dungeons is good only if you have couple of quests for them. Doing vanilla dungeons might be fun but it's time consuming since 90% of dungeons are filled with mobs(you will need to wait for healer to refill mana every/every second group of mobs) and it only gives you 2-3 levels.

6. Before anyone says it, yes, leveling your first character with 7x exp is still slow as hell.
    /played on the warrior which I dinged to 80 last night with 0 heirlooms, 0 dungeon boosts

1day 4 hours. I can give you a screenshot if you want, because I'm playing with her right now.

If you don't run around like a headless chicken, doing random quests and grinding mobs, you can get to 80 in 5 normal days of 5 hours played per day... or just 3 days of 8 hours per day (which can literally be done Fri, Sat, Sun). I simply do not realize how you can call this "slow".

And yes, I have played on Ragnaros when it was 20x. I was able to make a character in the morning and ding 80 in the evening.

Anyway, you want advice so I'll give you advice:

Do quests in zones where they are plentiful and where the quests give rewards. For Horde, my path is Barrens> Southern Barrens> 1k needles> STV> Feralas> Hinterlands> Un'goro> Thrallmar> Nagrand/ Zangarmarsh/ Terrokar Forest> Borean Tundra> Dragonblight> Zul'Drak> Icecrown. If I'm undead, I start with Silverpine Forest> Hillsbrad > Arathi, then continue the same way.

If PvP and ganking are not your type of fun, avoid STV, Tanaris, and Un'goro and replace them with Alterac, Arathi Highlands, Feralas, Hinterlands, Dustwallow Marsh, Felwood. There are more than enough good quest chains, more than enough good zones, more than enough good questing rewards. Leveling is so easy on Icecrown that sometimes I deliberately slow down because it's too fast. While doing all this, queue in RDF the whole time. If you're playing a warrior, retri or feral, there is no reason for you not to tank lowlvl dungeons. If you're playing spriest, boomkin or elemental, there is no reason for you not to heal lowlvl dungeons. If you're a DPS-only class (rogue, mage, lock, hunter), then queues will be considerably longer and maybe it would be better if you start your own groups via the general chat. Icecrown is big enough for you to find enough players in every zone.

...and if your class can tank/heal, but you don't queue these roles because you don't wanna do it, then **** you.
    Edited: December 7, 2017

7. oof. That's a 3 year old necro.
    Anyways, 5 years ago there was something called "Moltdown" where all of the people lost their characters due to the database theft. To compensate with the loss of many characters and essentially keep the people on the server, the Warmane, back then Molten team, gave everyone free five, i believe, level 80 boosts per account. And that's why there you see a naked, 5 years inactive level 80.