1. Reselling of components and a healthy economy

TL;DR - Reselling of key components in the auction house creates an unstable economy

I just want to say a few things first since the gold squish is coming up. To be more specific, I would like to point some fingers at a certain few that have a deep effect on the a realm's economy, specifically in the WOTLK's Icecrown server.

I appreciate that the GMs of warmane are taking a step to control the economies of all realms, so I'd like to point out one root of inflation. Now, I understand that players deserve to be rewarded for their hard work of gathering all the materials to craft end game items such as a Mechano-hog or epic gears from Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, etc. So it's fair that they are fairly compensated for their efforts by selling their products at a mark-up price, let's say a cost of making an item such as Titan-steel Destroyer is 2,000 and the craftsman sold it in the Auction House for 3,000; that sounds fair right? Well-deserved and earned.

But I do not understand nor condone the buying and selling of rare key components at the AH for sky-high prices. This includes things like the Elementium-Plated Exhaust Pipe, Transmute: Primal Might, etc. And this is because monopolizing these components provide a cheap and easy way to control the market. For one thing, only one type of profession uses each item, this gives them far more value as it ensures constant buyers for resellers. And second, their short supply means they will be more on demand as only one vendor can sell some of these items and more and more people will be desperate to get their hands on them. This will mean a constant rise of inflation in the economy as there will always be a select few in control and abusing the long spawn timers of these items, wouldn't be surprised if people are using bots for this practice.

I would like to suggest to the GMs and admins to look for a solution for this problem as giving a select few dominance over the market will always mean an unhealthy economy. Anything would help like faster spawn timers, disabling of selling such items in AH, or otherwise. Thank you for your time.

2. something like this was sugested before many times, and was allways denied. they wont change respawn times to allow everyone buy it (they said it 1000 times already), and you cant turn boe into bop.
    and even if you could.. something like the elementium-plated exhaust pipe not being sold.. the ones who buy it would just go straight up and sell the mechano hog instead of the part needed to craft it, increasing inflation EVEN MORE, since now they will be able to charge both for the pipe AND the rest of the mats...

the only 2 ways of adjusting this would be to either lower respawn times, thus creating more offer which would in consecuence drop prices, or 2, simply not buyig the mats until the prices are reasonable, but this 2nd solution must come from the community and we all know (and it hurts me to say it)... it wont...

i would LOVE to see rare item campers disapear and prices stabilize, but everything is in warmane's staff hands

3. The thing is with price hikes on the finished products like the Mechano-hog, players would still have the option of either buying from a different seller or craft the item themselves. But purposely manipulating prices of one of its key components, players would have no choice but to buy overpriced items.

Think of it this way. Assuming that flour is a rare ingredient with a constant cost of 8 g, the nearest cake shop in your street sells cake for 10 g. Then one day it spikes its prices to 40 g. Now unhappy, you decide to look for a different shop and found one that sells it for 15 g and gladly agrees to compromise. Now no matter how much each shop increases its price, the low cost of flour helps keep the price of cake at a constant maximum that provides buyers more options to choose from, even offering the option of making it themselves.

Now let's say the price of flour increases to 40 g, what would this mean? First of all, shop owners would have no choice but to increase the prices of their cakes to more than at least 60 just to avoid selling at a loss. Second, buyers would be forced to settle for expensive cakes as there would no longer be any choice of cheaper ones to choose from. Finally, since in this example flour is a rare item, it would also mean that the option of making it themselves becomes unavailable as flour is not the only ingredient of cake, it is only one key part of it and yet with it being being so expensive, buying the other ingredients is now more difficult.

In other words, price changes in key components affect the market more drastically than price changes of the finished product

4. That is how it supposed to be. Low competition stuff will always have spiky prices.

If those goods couldn't be farmed in any way(true monopoly) then it would be ok for staff to set some rules. But there are no such goods, you can always choose to spend some time farming instead of buying.

And I got my "flour" long time ago for super cheap, lets say 10g instead of your example - 40. You think I'm going to sell my cakes for 15g and make 5g profit... or I will sell them for 60g and make 50g profit if I have the opportunity? What do you think?

I suggest you to stop blowing your breath against wind - it won't help. Accept the market like it is and thrive in it instead of trying to change it with your bull**** ideology and "fair" and whatnot.

5. If you don't like the price of a rare vendor item how about you go and spend hours camping it.

6. If you don't like the price of a rare vendor item how about you go and spend hours camping it.
    Good luck, competing with bots D;

7. Good luck, competing with bots D;
    exactly my point. The bots have ruined the game a lot. I farmed the mechano part guy for over 4 weeks for the plates but these bots would log on the exact moment and buy it.

8. Complaining about bots is stupid... Get some proof that they are bot and report them. Take a video, get screenshots, be faster at reacting... If they really are a bot, you should be able to beat them or get them banned, it's that simple. If another player is faster than you or has a lower latency, well then find some other way to make money.

As for people controlling the economy, that is capitalism. If someone with 100k gold wants to buy out all the frostweave bags at 150, and sell them at 200, then they can do that, but they are putting a risk of someone else waiting to see that, and putting up like 50 bags at 175 when they do that. It's all high risk, high reward, etc... but that is how buying and selling works. There's TONS of ways to make money in the game that don't require farming ONE way. Maybe it isn't the most profitable, but sometimes convenience and competition makes other methods more efficient. Quests, RDF HC for eots to be used on crusader orbs/gems, or professions, etc... Hell, work a job and buy coins if you want. But why complain? That's more of a waste of time, then figuring out your own method of making some gold.

9. Exactly my point, you can't farm mats like these. They're only sold by one vendor and can only be used by specific profs ensuring buyers. That is certainly a monopoly as only a specific number of well-placed bots control the supply. And it is fair if you'd spike prices of finished products high but hiking the prices of supposedly easily accessible materials? Now, that's just ensuring the inflation remains which is why warmane's been doing gold squishes.

10. And if you guys really think that competition is what we need for a healthier economy, then having key mats hoarded with the sole purpose of being resold as is is obviously not the way. You're just shutting down the competition altogether by making it a luck of the draw and then only giving a select few control over it.

If you think that hiking prices of mats like these is harmless just know that a few weeks ago an Elementium-plated Exhaust pipe costed 4300 now it's spiking up to 6300

11. And if you guys really think that competition is what we need for a healthier economy, then having key mats hoarded with the sole purpose of being resold as is is obviously not the way. You're just shutting down the competition altogether by making it a luck of the draw and then only giving a select few control over it.

If you think that hiking prices of mats like these is harmless just know that a few weeks ago an Elementium-plated Exhaust pipe costed 4300 now it's spiking up to 6300
    There is nothing wrong with hoarding and reselling stuff, that's basic stuff since dawn of time. More competition means more people are doing it - better prices for buyer. And bike parts are the worst example, it is LOW COMPETITION MARKET, insane prices are expected, same as sun rising in the morning or wind blowing.
    When I needed parts for bike I camped vendor and bought it. No "luck", no "select few" - bound interact key and made macro to buy that pipe. Fought enemy and was faster then allies. No player has monopoly there - that is fact.

The problem is somewhere else - you are not capable and can not compete. You can tell yourself "bots and cheaters" all day long, but that doesn't change the truth. If staff would change something you really think those people who are smarter and faster wouldn't leave you with nothing in any environment?

12. What exactly makes them bots? I knew people who used to farm it. They knew when it spawns and logged in to get it. And there were usually multiple people trying to get it. Bots would simply be killed. The real problem is that it has exact spawn time. It's supposed to be random. That would prevent people from logging in when it spawns. And that should be on bug tracker not here. There is an inaccurate bug report with a comment that corrects it here.

13. Oh is that so? It seems that we need a more reliable source than the one presented there.

14. I could not find any other sources with a quick search but there is a post by Mercy on another suggestion:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2700766