1. Don't meet heroic requirements?

I'm trying to queue for WOTLK heroic dungeons (the random queue), and the dungeon finder says I must find better gear first. I was under the impression that an average of 180 was required to queue; is this not the case?

2. I'm having the same problem. I'm at 187 average ilevel now and I still cant queue...

3. It should be 187... Make sure you have equipped an item in every empty slot (excluding shirt & tabard). If you already have done that, I don't know what to say then, try to get at least a few ilvl 200 items.

4. Each time I've geared up a new toon, it's been a total gear score between 3200 and 3300 when heroics first unlock.

But I also tend to use vote points for a decent weapon when I first hit 80, which helps offset things enough that I can just use blues for armor, with the occasional epic rep reward thrown in.

5. Each time I've geared up a new toon, it's been a total gear score between 3200 and 3300 when heroics first unlock.

But I also tend to use vote points for a decent weapon when I first hit 80, which helps offset things enough that I can just use blues for armor, with the occasional epic rep reward thrown in.
    I had 3500, and couldn't que. But then again, it was mostly PvP gear.

6. You need to be at around 3200 GS and you need to have proper items in all your slots. This means each of your items should be at least Northrend-level or so - no Outland or vanilla items. For example, in the above case Vukodlak probably had the Hellfire Peninsula PvP trinket, which gives extremely low GS even though it works the same as any other PvP trinket. This also makes it impossible to boost your GS with cheap ICC trash items and queue in RDF Hc, which is a good thing, I suppose.
    Edited: October 27, 2017

7. You need to be at around 3200 GS and you need to have proper items in all your slots. This means each of your items should be at least Northrend-level or so - no Outland or vanilla items. For example, in the above case Vukodlak probably had the Hellfire Peninsula PvP trinket, which gives extremely low GS even though it works the same as any other PvP trinket. This also makes it impossible to boost your GS with cheap ICC trash items and queue in RDF Hc, which is a good thing, I suppose.
    Nah, trinkets were green northrend. But I still had the DK starting sigil, I think that affected it a lot.

8. I have the same issue currently. 181 avg ilvl yet I still can't queue. Does anyone know the actual ilvl value and why is it so high?

Edit: Now at 187.6 average ilvl and still can't enter
    Edited: December 2, 2017

9. I have the same issue currently. 181 avg ilvl yet I still can't queue. Does anyone know the actual ilvl value and why is it so high?

Edit: Now at 187.6 average ilvl and still can't enter
    You need every item to be at least 187, not have them averaged. You can be average ilvl 200 and still have green Outland gear while compensating with 264 BoEs, it still wont allow you to enter.

10. RDF reads ilvl not gearscore. The gearscore count is something players came up with not blizzard. You can happen to not being able to access heroics with 3,8k gs even, heirlooms (which have ilvl of 1) and other low ilvl items will hinder you from it. Its not about total gearscore or total ilvl numbers, it is about having all low ilvl stuff in every replaced with high ilvl ones. Just aim for ilvl 200++ in every slot and you are good to go into every heroic.

11. Okay I just hit 193 (for gs people gs is 3.1k, however, I don't think gs matters here) with rep items, items from AH and drops from dungeons and one badge relic, also I have no other gear in my bags because I read on wowwiki that it might affect avg ilvl. At 193 I can queue for regular heroic dungeons. (192 isn't high enough). I still can't queue for FoS/Pos/HoR normal or Heroic. So 193 is the number for regular heroic dungeons.