1. Multiboxing with hotkeynet guide

I am Liiliie on icecrown (WOTLK).
    I multibox 1 dk and 4 pala (the only one I seen on icecrown with this comp, most are just playing shamans or druids but I also seen priests and dks).

Examples of what I have done with this 5 man team: (maybe it makes more people interesting in playing my comp)
    It is a very fun setup, I leveled in dungeons from 17-65 (without hierlooms or anything like that) then quested the rest to 80 with a few more dungeons while questing.
    I did FoS normal at 2k GS on everyone.
    PoS normal at 2.5k GS (except last boss, it is beatable but very hard abilities for multiboxer).
    I did FoS heroic at 2.7k GS.
    I do daily heroics now and then. I farmed ICC rep (hard to do with melee because mobs explode, but works).
    I do WG and some BGs, with 5k GS I can usually win 5v5 fights. (done several fights where I get 10+ kills in a row without leaving combat, before getting overrun)
    When it is 5v10 it is too hard but usually gets a few kills and fight lasts quite long.
    Against organized players it is hard (did one 5v5 arena vs a real team, got 1 kill before dying but they had better gear than me).
    20 arena games vs a 5 boxing shaman (4-6 score when he had 1500 higher GS than me, 7-3 score when he had ~500 higher GS than me I think).
    I reached 5.2-5.5k GS and doing really well in arena now. Did 9 games vs a melee cleave team of 5 players with 5.8-6.2k GS each (not a multiboxer), won every game.
    Beating druid comp in arena extremely easy (every character at full health at end, that multiboxer is undergeared tho).
    Won 4 out 4 games this week against the shaman comp (he can beat me, but I won most games since I got pvp gear).

Pros of hotkeynet:
    Completely free. You don't have to pay or download any shady cracked version.
    Quick and easy to setup. Once you know how to use it you can easily change things within seconds. Just copy paste some code you made before and change it.

Cons of hotkeynet:
    You have to hard code many things which makes it hard to play if you change your team in any way (remove or add characters).
    You can't use some functionality that is good in ISBoxer (in there you can use things like videofx to display parts of your other wow windows inside main window).
    Hard to setup FTL (focusless, targetless, leaderless - this basically means that you can lead with any character). Basic functionality like follow or using normal abilities works fine but I haven't figured out how to combine dps rotations with FTL.

Download software:
    http://hotkeynet.com/p/download.html

Sample scripts:
    http://hotkeynet.com/wow/wow-quick-start.html

Addons for WOTLK:
    Jamba
    https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/...52455/download
    Grid and Clique
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=266126

Generic macros:
    Accept macro to accept most things:
    /script AcceptTrade();
    /script RetrieveCorpse();
    /click LFDRoleCheckPopupAcceptButton
    /click LFDDungeonReadyDialogEnterDungeonButton
    /script RepopMe();
    /click StaticPopup1Button1

Leave group:
    /script LeaveParty()

Invite macro:
    /inv character2
    /inv character3
    /inv character4
    /inv character5

Basic script to start with:
    You need to change accounts and passwords (you can skip password and remove the part that writes password and presses enter if you prefer, for security reasons).
    You also need to make sure the positioning of windows are correct, my setup uses 2 monitors and my right monitor is my main monitor.
    You also need to change what keys are sent and what are excluded at line 70.
    https://pastebin.com/Ckjm4yah

Mouse broadcasting when key is held down:
    This is used to press at the same area on all screens. Good for pressing portal on every character at the same time.
    https://pastebin.com/e1DTfyUt

Mouse broadcasting for Grid healing:
    I have it setup like this. On dk I use Rune Tap and on everyone else I use Flash of Light. Only left mousebutton is bound for me right now.
    I intend to add Hand of Protection and Lay on hands on rotation on click healing later.
    https://pastebin.com/aMSFeR3z

More mouse keys that can be used:
    https://pastebin.com/TUVmJhrr

Round robin example:
    This is how I use Arcane Torrent and Hammer of Justice.
    https://pastebin.com/wiqs6TBa

Setting up FTL in hotkeynet and adding a FTL follow key:
    The ApplyTemplate is what is used to make a key into a FTL key. The one I set up sends f to both current window and to slaves, which is my follow button.
    https://pastebin.com/73tukdmr

On F on every character I put this macro (works same way with abilities but change to ability instead of /follow):
    https://pastebin.com/6H5if5v2

Cleanse rotation:
    It uses toggle to change who it cleanse, this makes it so everyone can dispel anyone else if it is spammed enough times (good if someone dies, is cced or if I need to dispel a lot of debuffs from the same target)
    https://pastebin.com/e5SxtwJL

Macro for cleansing:
    https://pastebin.com/FYxwT36J

I think I skip example for dps rotations and how to set up keys for it, but the youtube video "ISBoxer 41 -- Pro System 02 -- Building a Rotation" for ISBoxer explains how to set up different dps rotations and it is pretty self explaining how to do it in hotkeynet.
    Edited: December 5, 2017

2. May 20, 2018  
    but what do i do after downloading that how do i get it running? i opened hotkey net and downloaded al stuff now what?
    }

3. May 20, 2018  
    Nice explanations, clear and to the point, I've considered trying AHK, perhaps i'll give it a shot for my smaller teams.

Although, I will say there are quite a few people that box pallies, Mbx, and Alteastrasz both box this set up exactly, I prefer 1 Disc, 3 Pallies, and 1 DK, however I use this to farm HC's only.

I'll be trying your links as well. Thank you for contributing to the community.

4. May 20, 2018  
    but what do i do after downloading that how do i get it running? i opened hotkey net and downloaded al stuff now what?
    }
    Hotkeynet is a program that sends keys to multiple clients in a way you tell it to do it so you need to load a script in hotkeynet that tells which keys are sent (I wrote some short sample script and how to do some special features that can be added, also sample script on hotkeynet's website and in some other thread on here).

One important part in the script is the launching and renaming of windows, so you must have that setup and then press the hotkey you specified. (Line 46-51 in sample script)

Then you need to have 5 warmane accounts (assuming you starting with 5 characters), login with 1 account on each wow window.

Ingame you need to setup macros like for example on button 1 you could setup: (or you could make it FTL but that makes it complicated)
    /assist LeaderName
    /cast Lightning Bolt

Another macro you must have early on is a follow macro: (you should really setup a FTL follow macro but to start you can just use a simple follow)
    /follow LeaderName

In the script you need to define what keys are sent so it sends things like "1" to every window. (line 70 in sample script I made, I excluded key 2 for my team because I used a more complicated way to handle 2 that handled dps rotation, but I didn't show that so that key would probably be removed from excluded)

Then you can play the game.

Nice explanations, clear and to the point, I've considered trying AHK, perhaps i'll give it a shot for my smaller teams.

Although, I will say there are quite a few people that box pallies, Mbx, and Alteastrasz both box this set up exactly, I prefer 1 Disc, 3 Pallies, and 1 DK, however I use this to farm HC's only.

I'll be trying your links as well. Thank you for contributing to the community.
    It feels like those players mostly play it in "private" areas like dungeons or not been on the team for a while since I have seen 0 dk/pala groups at all although I have only played on icecrown for 4-5 months or something like that. I haven't really been on icecrown for a few months now so idk how it is now either.
    Edited: May 20, 2018

5. May 30, 2018  
    You also need to make sure the positioning of windows are correct, my setup uses 2 monitors and my right monitor is my main monitor.

what would the correct positioning be? I'm trying to get started multiboxing

my main monitor is on the left (2560x1440) and the other monitor is on the right 1680x1050
    by the values you had put in, i noticed you were trying to make your leader take up the main monitor, and have the other 4 take up equal squares of the 2ndary monitor and wanted to do the same. any help?

also, how do i improve fluidity of questing? its very clunky having to accept quests and loot on each slave individually
    Edited: May 30, 2018

6. May 31, 2018  
    Are you the guy I spoke with today?
    I'll try to help you the best I can.

To start, I have this script that launches my WoW for me.
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    // HOTKEY TO LAUNCH AND RENAME YOUR WOW WINDOWS
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Alt Ctrl L>
    <LaunchAndRename Local WoW1>
    <LaunchAndRename Local WoW2>
    <LaunchAndRename Local WoW3>
    <LaunchAndRename Local WoW4>
    <LaunchAndRename Local WoW5>

THEN, I have this one that renames them:

// PRESS CTRL R TO RENAME WOW'S IF YOU LAUNCH THEM MANUALLY.
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Ctrl R>
    <SendPC local>
    <RenameWin "World of Warcraft" WoW1>
    <RenameWin "World of Warcraft" WoW2>
    <RenameWin "World of Warcraft" WoW3>
    <RenameWin "World of Warcraft" WoW4>
    <RenameWin "World of Warcraft" WoW5>

THEN I have 2 scripts that moves them and resizes them. One makes them tiny, the other makes them larger to see things.
    /// RESIZE WINDOWS TO LOGIN
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Alt Ctrl F11>
    <TargetWin WoW2>
    <SetWinRect 1920 25 800 600>
    <TargetWin WoW3>
    <SetWinRect 1920 442 800 600>
    <TargetWin WoW4>
    <SetWinRect 2816 25 800 600>
    <TargetWin WoW5>
    <SetWinRect 2816 442 800 600>
    /// RESIZE WINDOWS TO GAME
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Alt Ctrl F12>
    <TargetWin WoW2>
    <SetWinSize 400 300>
    <TargetWin WoW3>
    <SetWinSize 400 300>
    <TargetWin WoW4>
    <SetWinSize 400 300>
    <TargetWin WoW5>
    <SetWinSize 400 300>

As for accepting quests, I accept, turn in quests on my main (because resolution is different).
    I click on an alts window, and hold ~ and use my mouse. Here's the script for that:
    // BROADCAST MOUSE CLICKS. HOLD DOWN OEM3 (ON U.S. KEYBOARDS,
    // THAT'S THE SQUIGGLE KEY IN UPPPER LEFT CORNER) WHEN YOU
    // WANT TO BROADCAST.
    <UseKeyAsModifier Oem3>
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Oem3 LButton, MButton, RButton, Button4, Button5>
    <SendLabel w5, w2, w3, w4>
    <ClickMouse %TriggerMainKey%>

All of these scripts can go in the same file.

7. May 31, 2018  
    what would the correct positioning be?
    The positioning I had was below 0 for 2nd monitor because it is on left.
    I haven't tried it with monitor on the right but I assume you just add the size of first monitor on the x position for the 2nd monitor. (so 2nd monitor would be at X pixels 2560-4240 or probably 2561-4241 to get past the last pixel on first monitor)

I remove 40 pixels from height to compensate for taskbar.
    The values are: topleft position X, topleft position Y, width, height

I assume you would put them at:
    window 1: 0 0 2560 1400
    window 2: 2561 0 840 505
    window 3: 3401 0 840 505
    window 4: 2561 840 840 505
    Window 5: 3401 840 840 505

To make questing better:
    1. Get the addon "Jamba" and setup it to how you want it to act. With it you get auto accept, share, choose same quest reward and complete on all characters at the same time.
    2. Setup a IWT hotkey. Make everyone assist you when targetting some npc or mob. Press the IWT button and everyone will talk to quest npc or loot mob.
    3. I also have a button that I put quest items on so if I need to use quest items on all characters I put it on the button and press the hotkey I put for it. Not too many quests like that but useful to have.
    Edited: May 31, 2018

8. Round robin example:
    This is how I use Arcane Torrent and Hammer of Justice.
    https://pastebin.com/wiqs6TBa
    Hello, great work!
    I do not fully understand code in quoted part:
    Does the code mean that I need to have at least 2 keybind for one spell in round robin?
    Does this code mean that simply using "E" you can round robin the Arcane Torrent, but if you use "Oem4" all characters will simultaneously cast "Arcane..."?

9. This is very nice thread.
    I have a question:

> is possible to write a hotkeynet script which enable to automate login for specific character?
    My idea is that after writing LaunchandRename line is another to choose from hotkeynet specific (by position in the select character screen, or by name) slave.

Select character screen allow only arrows (up and down) and enter to choose character, but I do not understand why WoW so randomlly "suggest" which character to log-in. It suggested often alts which were not used for many weeks.

10. More mouse keys that can be used:
    https://pastebin.com/TUVmJhrr

Hello,
    I made a copy paste of your script and it does not work.
    I have searched vain I can not find where the error comes from

11. Hi and thank you for your contribution.

I've been multiboxing 5 accounts for almost a year now and I use HKN. I used "normal" setup (one leader, four slaves) and it was hard when the leader was killed. Therefore, I read about FTL setup and I simply cannot describe how much better it is. I have a dual monitor setup and use F1-F5 to switch between characters.

I followed this monster of a thread to get the FTL setup up and running:
    https://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/...ss-(FTL)-setup

12. @mosinn Or just use cracked Isboxer on win 7, it is beyond godlike with more functionality and easier setup, I had problems with the program but figured it out after 6 months after I gave up on it, one day I desided to fight again and managed to make it work, so If you dont use it because u cant make it work, I can help you.

13. you ever mutlibox past 5 characters with hotkeynet? i coded it for 6 characters, which should theoretically work, however, no matter what i do, it won't run past 5 toons. the interface literally says it is sending info to WoW6 but WoW6 doesn't do nothing. any suggestions on how to get it to run past 5 toons?

14. Im assuming you are using HKN because it is free. Id recommend a free trial of ISBOXXER or the hacked version. Its literally 10x easier and more powerful to use. IMO of course but I ve been boxxing literally since BC was live and its by far the best program for us.

15. Im assuming you are using HKN because it is free. Id recommend a free trial of ISBOXXER or the hacked version. Its literally 10x easier and more powerful to use. IMO of course but I ve been boxxing literally since BC was live and its by far the best program for us.
    ya i downloaded isboxer today, watching a LONG tutorial on it on youtube right now. literally the tutorial is a few hours long and about halfway through the first video right now. do you know where to find a valid crack. i don't exactly trust dl'ing stuff off pirate bay (used cracks with virus's in the past and don't exactly want to deal with virus's on my system).

12 Last