1. I don't know if that happened to you but it did for me and was painful

first off I'm very new to the game, I have been playing for only 2 weeks now but I'm hell damn active.. my first class was hunter made it pass the 4k gs without any help other than guides everywhere in the internet.. priests was the most annoying things for me to deal with since I'm pve going (currently to know the game better before going into pvp) so I figured just go play a priest and discover how painful dots are..

------------------------------

as I progress leveling up my priest I discovered that I only grow weaker instead of growing stronger because you level up.. still I continue through hardships both as healer (in RDF) and dmg dealer (pve) today I discovered the truth behind it.. I WAS SO SHOCKED........... because I THINK I noticed that when ever you level up you skills and shots the shortcut key levels up too..

when I hit level 80 as priest I took a quick glance at this.. it's frustrating.. http://prntscr.com/hk818l , http://prntscr.com/hk87b4 all of my skills looked like this even though I'm thoroughly trained to maximum level

I was suffering with low level skills with the same cost of mana can't believe I lived through that :(
    -----------------------------------

that aside do you have any helpful advice to me? something a new player wouldn't notice.. thanks all for reading
    Edited: December 7, 2017

2. Its a known bug on warmane. I believe it only happens when you have dual spec. When you train, the spec you are in gets the taskbar updated with the latest spells but the other specs taskbar won't change. There are TONS of 80s running around using low lvl abilities, nevermind the people leveling. There is an addon called rankwatch that msgs ppl whenever they use a low lvl skill in your group. I had to disable because it was constantly spamming and ppl werent even thankful usually, they were mad!!! :D