1. Question About Edwin VanCleef

Hi there,

I recently returned to this server after nearly half a year off with some friends and started fresh characters. We were super excited to get to our first 5 man, Deadmines, which went great up until VanCleef at the end. We are all properly geared, leveled and experienced with the game and had no problem with any other encounters. The fight went smoothly at first, but VanCleef suddenly 1-hit our tank and then every single party member. We tried the fight multiple times, and every time at a random point in his health bar he would instantly down the whole party. Perhaps this is some detail about the fight that I don't remember, but I don't recall struggling with this fight at all on my previous Lordaeron character.

Upon analyzing the combat log, it appears that VanCleef's Thrash ability (which, when procced, triggers to extra auto-attacks) cycles infinitely as soon as it procs once. In other words, after some auto attack, VanCleef gains the ability to turn into some sort of death god and dish out an infinite number of auto attacks at once. What gives?

We ended up using an incredibly elaborate and precise kiting process involving the wheel on his boat to kill him. Is this a bug, or is this something about the fight I don't understand? Can't find anything about it online.

2. It's been a while since I've done Deadmines on Lordaeron, but the last time we did it on Medivh, VanCleef behaved the same way you described here. We also used the wheel tactic, which felt cheap, but it was the only way to kill him with a level-appropriate group.

3. This happened to me just now too. Group gave up. When will this be fixed?

Once he procs Thrash (which is rather quick in the fight), he just f*cking melts everyone.

4. Tanked it with a lvl 19 warrior a month ago, it's doable if you time your cool down right.