1. Most viable healing class and spec (PVE)

Ok, so, after asking around in-game I am getting tired of either no answers, answers like "play what you like the most", and of course, the meme "dk".

I know I should play what I like. But playing what I like doesn't get me into raid groups. Playing a preferred healing class does.

So I'm asking again - What is the most desired/preferred/viable healing class right now in PVE? Am I wasting my time leveling a Discipline Priest?

2. play what you like the most or if you want play viable healer run dk :)

3. disc priest is needed in raids, you preferably want to have 1, never 2.
    as for what raid needs:
    1. pugs - 5healers - 1hpala-1priest(usually disc)- 1-2 resto sham - 1-2rdudus. they sometimes add a holy priest instead of 2nd shaman or druids.
    2. guilds- 3-4healers - 1hpala-1resto shaman - 1disc - 1restodruid. sometimes they skip rdudu as it usualy does alot of overhealing with good other 3 healers.

as for most viable healers, the strongest healers are resto shaman and holy priest.

4. Holy priest is the strongest healer if you want to do deadmines.

In raids, best tank-healer is holy paladin, everyone else is either group-healer or hybrid.
    druid is group healer specialized in healing over time, shaman is group healer, holy priest is group healer, disco is damage preventer.
    shaman does better than holy priest (I think) but holy priest can do wonders when on the right hands and they also have unique tools that can help the group.
    disco is the only one that can do the damage prevention role, so of course its needed in a raid. discos don't like to share shields so you should be the only one doing your role. You are very needed and you have no competition.

Keep leveling your disco. Get skada addon and enjoy topping meters.

5. Holy priest is the strongest healer if you want to do deadmines.

In raids, best tank-healer is holy paladin, everyone else is either group-healer or hybrid.
    druid is group healer specialized in healing over time, shaman is group healer, holy priest is group healer, disco is damage preventer.
    shaman does better than holy priest (I think) but holy priest can do wonders when on the right hands and they also have unique tools that can help the group.
    disco is the only one that can do the damage prevention role, so of course its needed in a raid. discos don't like to share shields so you should be the only one doing your role. You are very needed and you have no competition.

Keep leveling your disco. Get skada addon and enjoy topping meters.
    Just wanted to add to this by saying each one has a different play style and it's really worth trying them all to find the one you enjoy. Personally I like holy priest over disc priest and resto druid because it's more about reaction than being ahead of things.

6. For me the best healing specs are resto shammy and holy priest they both have strong AoE healing but there's room for all healing specs in a 25 man raid but in 10 mans might depend on the raid leader play what you like and think is best.
    Edited: December 13, 2017