1. Ultra settings and Graphics card?

Hello fellow warmaners
    I have been playing on the servers for quite a while now (mostly i will play on one of the two WOTLK servers). I have been playing on my "wonderful" K75VJ - ASUS laptop. Normally i can go for medium/high settings (low shadow) with a fairly solid FPS near 40-50 (lower in raids and Dala ofc).
    My question might sound stupid. Would i be able to get solid great FPS in raids, Dalaran and so forth with this "build":

Ryzen 3 1300x
    GTX 1060 3GB

B350 PC MATE
    2x4GB RAM
    250GB SSD

In my head this should be an overkill for playing WOTLK, even on ultra. Am i right?

2. you realize 1060 is a brand new card, so is the cpu. the game is from 2008, 10 years ago. You can play this on any settings you want and get maximum fps.

3. Yea, i realized.. But still.. I was just considering some ICC 25 man situation with the "new" characerter design and so forth :)

4. I don't think we even had Ultra as an option back then.

5. Dalaran will always be laggy because there are so many players, it is network lag. Otherwise if there aren't many players around, yes you will get great fps.

6. Dalaran will always be laggy because there are so many players, it is network lag. Otherwise if there aren't many players around, yes you will get great fps.
    Would a great internet connection change that? Or is it Warmane itself?

7. Would a great internet connection change that? Or is it Warmane itself?
    Its not network lag. Especially in crowded places like Dalaran its expected to have lower FPS, usually because of CPU bottleneck.
    Anyway, with the specs u posted, dont worry, u should get nice fps in raids and stuff.

8. Would a great internet connection change that? Or is it Warmane itself?

It doesn't matter if you have the best cpu in world, and warmane have best cpu in world, and best internet in world. The game was not made to have 2k + people rendered in dalaran at once. It's a combination of network lag, code, and cpu, maybe, but doesn't really matter. You don't need 100 fps + in dalaran to get around anyway.

In raids and other things though where it matters more, you are good.

9. Okay :)
    What about Ryzen vs Intel.. Any thoughts?
    I might consider the Intel i3-8100 instead of Ryzen 3 1300x (Ofc i will get a different mobo in that case)-
    Edited: December 12, 2017

10. I use amd 8350, best budget cpu imo.

11. Well, the price difference between i3-8100 and AMD 8350 is near 100dkk (roughly 13,5Euro). But the i3-8100 performs much better (according to benchmarks) in various games One could argue that the mobo for i3-8100 is quite expensive tho'. :)

12. Ahh well I'm american so I imagine the prices are a lot different

12 Last