1. Currently playing with an i5 7600k 16 gigs of ram and a 4 gig evga 960 with settings set to the max and it works fine. You probably wont need a high end graphics card, even for the new model client. I'm also playing retail legion at the moment with the same set up and it runs fantastic, even on a 960.

2. I use an AMD X3 425 and I play on ultra with WoD models...I have never experienced an issue. I also use an old ATI HD5750 graphics card.

3. Ya, okay.. Guess i can downgrade some of my components..
    I was instead considering going for one of the pentium model CPU's and a GTX 1050? Would that be a poor choice :)?

Thanks for all the replies btw :)

4. well i have a i7, 3.5ghz, turbo to 4.2 ghz, and a 1080 ti .. 11 GB graphic, and for some reason sometimes i get like fps drops for no reason.. :(

5. Its about the games not the rigs. It was like this in the past, still is to this day, and won't change anytime soon. Sure you can buy the most advertised gaming rig without anything possibility to upgrade further and being absolutely up to date on components. But then don't complain, if old or new games still won't show the result you were expecting. I say it again, its all about the games themselves. The neverending amount of options to mix and match rig components + the software running on them will never ever allow to guarantee a fail safe buy. On this regard consoles are far superior (but muh PC masterrace you say? Pff its a lie, get over it). Consoles are all stock machines running with the same hardware and sottware, unlike PC's where every individual got a different composition. Just use whatever rig you have as long as it still functions. Only replace parts, if something's broken. That would be my advice to spare you a lot of future trouble and/or regret.

6. Ya, okay.. Guess i can downgrade some of my components..
    I was instead considering going for one of the pentium model CPU's and a GTX 1050? Would that be a poor choice :)?

Thanks for all the replies btw :)
    the most important part for MMORPG games like WOW is the CPU.you have to be out of your mind to get gtx 1050 and pentium.i use to play before on bad CPU and decent GPu.what happen is my CPU is on 100% my GPU is on 15% and my FPS is **** and i have 0 fps drops form time to time.
    my advise is save some money and go for i5-7600 its monster CPU you can get it abit cheaper if you get the non-K version( you cant overclaok it but you really dont need to).thats what i got myself not long ago its monster CPU.now look at your monitor if you are 60hz monitor and you are not gonna upgrade to 120hz+ monitor droping lots of money on video is pointless.get something around 100$ you will be perfectly fine with any mmo you wann play.
    i am using my old gtx 750 ti with i5-7600 and 60hz monitor and vsyng on my fps in dalaran is around 57-60.playing black desert online currently on world bosses where there is ton of players i play with 30-40 fps no 0 fps drops.
    in short get ****ING GOOD CPU and some budget video card around 80$ you will have zero problems.later on if you get some extra cash you can upgrade your monitor/gpu.
    Edited: December 20, 2017

7. Get the coffee lake Intel if you can afford it. But Ryzen is great too.

WoW is a CPU hog so it can actually make use of Ryzen many slower cores.

Edit: Don't get a 1050 unless you plan on only playing WoW. Big drop in performance between 1050 and 1060.

8. Depends on resolution you want to play,
    Also you need to modify the Wow.exe header to set flag for "LARGEADDRESSAWARE" otherwise you'll get constant crashes at high settings.
    And CPU is more important than GPU on WotLK client, you need something with 3 cores and as high core clock as possible, ideally Coffe Lake at 5GHz+ for maximum performance

9. Get the coffee lake Intel if you can afford it. But Ryzen is great too.

WoW is a CPU hog so it can actually make use of Ryzen many slower cores.

Edit: Don't get a 1050 unless you plan on only playing WoW. Big drop in performance between 1050 and 1060.
    1060 is double the price of 1050 and he clearly dont have huge budget since he is considering pentium .he will also most likely not gonna play on higher then 1080p so 1060 is overkill.with gtx 1050 on 1080p he will be able to play at ultra literally every game on the market as long as he get good CPU.
    Edited: December 20, 2017

10. Last time I checked the 1060 wasn't literally double the price of the 1050. Fair enough, yeah better to spend money on a good CPU right now I guess.

11. Woah, thanks for all the responses.
    I have been doing exams the last couple og weeks and haven't been checking the thread..
    I'm pretty sure that Pentium is off the list atm., and the 1060 will be the final choice..
    Thanks for all the responses :)

12. The Ryzen 3 paired with the 1060 GTX will be more than enough, and will assist with other more modern games also.

My housemate is on a 4-year old i5, with a 960 GTX, and she has everything on max settings for WoW and it runs easily.

13. Off topic, but I just had to RMA my 970 FTW. They replaced it with a 1060 6GB. Not really sure how I should feel about that.

14. You will always have some fps drops in AV when crowd crush cuz game engine is old and doesnt support more than 2 cores.

First 12