1. 10yrs+ wow player here. having lag spike issues.

Hello, I started an undead mage on Icecrown today, and I cant seem to use an ability while targeted at a mob without having a huge lag spike its always the first initial ability that I use then it will be fine while killing the mob but as soon as it dies I have the same lag spike/huge drop in framerate issue. Now I play retail currently aswell and this does not happen I stay 60+ FPS the whole time. Does this happen to anyone else? Or am I the only one that experiences this? Any ideas?

2. Something like this happened to me. I have 2 disks on my computer, an SSD where I have my OS and an HDD where I had the game folder. Windows does some weird power saving crap in regard to secondary HDD's and turns them off when not in use. I could hear the disk starting again whenever something 'new' happened and the game froze for about a second. If you have a similar situation you can try moving the game to the main disk, where your OS is installed, that fixed it for me. I'll point out that I am talking about 2 distinct physical drives, not several partitions on a single disk.