1. Brooxz's PvP Fury Warrior Guide

Hello there, Blackrock community!

So I've decided to make a detailed guide about my favorite spec since I'm getting asked about advice concerning the fury spec and how to play around it in PvP. I'm gonna start by giving you guys a small summary about this in-depth guide and we will move on from there!

Summary

1. Personal Introduction
    2. Is it worth it?
    3. Talents / Glyphs
    4. Gear (Starter Gear / BiS)
    5. Macros
    6. Playstyle
    7. Closing words

1. Personal Introduction

Hello there, handsome player. My name is Jan Philipp, but I'm more frequently known as Brooxz ingame. I have been playing WoW for the past 11 years. Since the start I was hooked to the warrior class and when I heard about Abyssal-WoW (former Arena-Tournament name) I was instantly hooked to play there. I have been playing on this server ever since (roughly 7-8 years)!

(That's only my warrior!)

For the duration of my stay I had alot of fun and played with some of the most interesting and best people I have ever met. (Drainerx, Flyn, Homerjay, Seasexnsun, Victorsen and many many more talented players!) I got as far as reaching 2.800 rating on my warrior and also peaking rank 1 at times in some seasons.

After playing on Blackrock (formerly known as Arena-Tournament) for more than 5-6 years I grew bored of playing Arms as a spec. So it came in handy, that they just released the 3.3.5b patch: Buffing alot of specs, that were formerly known to be unviable for PvP. This also included the fury warrior spec. I instantly fell in love with the glass cannon playstyle! Ever since (even after the removal of the 3.3.5b patch) I stuck with the spec and haven't regretted a single thing! I reached 2.600+ rating in solo q with the spec (without the 3.3.5b patch) at many times and also had alot of fun playing around with it in 2v2 and 3v3.

Enough of me! Let's get to the interesting part!

2. Is it worth it?

First things first! If you are looking for a completely overpowered and braindead spec, you should probably check out an Arms warrior guide! Even though Fury has its times, where it can output insane amounts of burst, it by far isn't an easy spec to play with. You need to make alot of quick time decision concerning your playstyle. You need to be very aware of your and your enemies damage output. You need to use your cooldowns wisely and if needed, you need to cancel them.

Fury is the right spec for you if:
    - Like fast pace gameplay and reaction times
    -Are good with cooldown usage and timing
    -Want to have fun with big numbers and accept minor disadvantages

Fury is NOT the right spec for you if:
    -You want an easy time gaining rating
    -You aren't aware of simple game mechanics

3. Talents / Glyphs

Concerning the talents:

Most of the talents are pretty self-explainatory. Though you could a few changes to the spec when it comes to playing against different combs.
    Against melee cleaves in 3v3: -1 in Commanding Presence , +1 in Improved Cleave OR -1 in Commanding Presence, +1 in Improved Demoralizing Shout (Good when playing with clothies)

Concerning the glyphs:

Same thing applies here. Most of the glyphs are pretty basic. However...
    OPTIONAL! : You can switch out "Glyph of Hamstring" for "Glyph of Bloodthirst" against Wizardcleaves and combs without any healing reduction. (Especially effective against Affliction warlocks and Boomkins!)

4. Gear EDIT: This category is no longer up to date!

Starter Gear: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ckrock/profile

BiS Gear (Blackrock 264 Meta): http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ckrock/profile

(Edit: Armory Visual Bug - I'm obviously using Eternal Belt Buckle on both characters. Both have a +20 ARP gem in them!)

Note:
    Playing fury as human is a must, since fury is even more reliant on trinket procs than arms!

Make use of the human racial, that gives you expertise for using twohanded swords or maces if possible. (Exception: Shadow's Edge is just way too good)

For my 2-Hander and Shield Macros. I'm using the Relentless 2H Sword, since it gives sightly more resilience and fury warriors don't do any damage while playing defensive anyway. This weapon is also enchanted with the Titanium Weapon chain and has pure resilience gems in it.

Against combs, that do not have a disarm/dismantle ability I swap my 2H off-hand with the weapon chain for an off-hand with a berserking enchantment and replace 1 gem in that off-hand with a +20 hit gem to recover the lost hit rating from the weapon chain enchantment.

You can also swap out Shadow's Edge for a S8 Hander against combs, that heavily focus you as fury.

I also like to swap the Deathbringer's Will for Death's Verdict (heroic) while playing against cloth/leather teams for a higher consistent damage output.

5. Macros

I'm not gonna list up the most basic warriors macros in this thread. If you have further questions concerning the more basic macros please look up another guide.

https://pastebin.com/hYi3u5vi

6. Playstyle

General Rotation: Whirlwind > Bloodthirst > Instant Slam (good as gap closer) > (Heroic Strike to dump rage) > Sunder Armor (against plate/mail teams ,also to dump rage)
    As I already mentioned earlier, the Fury spec is the way of playing warriors glass cannon style. You can put out insane amounts of damage in short time, but you can also flop within a global, if you don't regard your surroundings. In the following I will list up the anchor points, when playing Fury:

Cooldown Usage
    Death Wish/Recklessness: As Fury warrior you have the chance of having a management for your burst timing by having 2 big burst cooldowns in your arsenal. (Death Wish + Recklessness) These cooldowns, if used wisely can win you the game single-handedly in some situations. Against combs, that rely on consistent damage output (DoTs/warrior damage) I like to combine my Death Wish cooldown with my trinket procs to have an insane damage output for 30 seconds. On the other hand, against combs that are based on CC (Rogue combs/Hunters/Mages) you will be forced to use your cooldowns more carefully, since if you get locked down while having your cooldowns up you might just die in 1-2 global cooldowns. It is important, that if you should get in a situation like that, to instantly cancelaura these buffs!

Heroic Fury: Heroic Fury is the cooldown, that makes fury viable when it comes to mobility. It can get you out of roots and also resets your intercept cooldown. While with the 3.3.5b patch the cooldown of Heroic Fury was set down to 30 seconds, we now have to deal with a 45 second cooldown, which means that Heroic Fury should be used carefully and can (if not used properly) lead to your own demise. Heroic Fury is really efficient against hunter/druid and mage combs. It is the perfect counter to the scatter/trap+pin combo, that hunters use frequently in the current meta. It can also be used as a replacement for charge as an interrupt for casts for example (Intercept to interrupt cast -> Heroic Fury -> Intercept back to target).

Lack of Spell Reflection
    As a fury warrior, you will have a difficult time managing when to use your Spell Reflection. Since you will sit in Berserker Stance most of the time, you won't have access to Spell Reflection unless you switch your stance. My point of view to this topic is, that you will have to wager if it is worth to lose most of your rage and pressure for ONE Spell Reflect or not. In most situations you will see me just eating full polies since I know, that my team mate will be fine while I'm in CC. That also means, that you have to make the most out of the DR's you have on yourself. You will have to get a feeling for that.

Dependency on auto attacks
    As Fury warrior you will also encounter the problem of connecting your [Furious Attacks] to some classes with defensive abilities like Evasion or Shield Block. I would recommend for you to switch targets for the duration of these defensive cooldowns!

7. Closing words

I would really appreciate, if you would check out my youtube channel, where you can find textbook fury gameplay and more under:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM3...Vp90qh_t7vWvYw ! Aswell as my Twitch.tv channel: www.twitch.tv/brooxz

If you have any more detailed question you can always whisper me ingame! I hope you enjoyed and learned something from this little guide, that I made about my favorite spec.

#BringBackTheBPatch
    Cheers, Brooxz!
    Edited: July 12, 2020

2. Replay any of his arenas to see how he abuse auto pummel 0.1 with scripts. Not even wasting my time reading this ****, your name is on my friend list with every char, change class stupid scripter kid.

3. Replay any of his arenas to see how he abuse auto pummel 0.1 with scripts. Not even wasting my time reading this ****, your name is on my friend list with every char, change class stupid scripter kid.
    Why would he need scripts to kick that fast? It's the same as DK where you don't need to stance change or change weapons to kick. It becomes pretty obvious, especially in 2's, when someone is going to cast. Also, you really need to get good with the kicks since you don't have UA like Arms does.

Anyway nice guide and videos, Brooxz. Playing and underdog spec and wrecking people. GG

Played against you a couple of times and the most memorable match was vs your WLD aaaages ago, when you cleaved our entire team down with dots and AoE.

-Kitten

4. Definitely the best fury warrior out there and legit 100%. Check it out, boyz, useful stuff here! OpieOP
    Edited: December 13, 2017

5. Weapons

Hello, Brooxz! At the BIS gear page I see a spear, my question is why do you use it if you have titan's grip and can use 2 2handed axes,swords or maces ?

6. Unfortunately, after they removed the last few buffs, that were still active from the 3.3.5b patch 1 or 2 months ago and the introduction of the 284 meta, I think that fury is no longer a viable spec in PvP. :(

Cheers, Brooxz!