1. Gearscore

To all 'great' raid leaders,you keep looking at GS over what people actually wear,their gems,enchants etc

https://imgur.com/a/eFf8N

2. if u don't like the raid leaders and their raids , just make ur own raid without gearscore requirement

3. if u don't like the raid leaders and their raids , just make ur own raid without gearscore requirement
    It's not that easy as you think, especially leading a raid.

4. various jems almost do not increase you gear score

5. It's not that easy as you think, especially leading a raid.
    That's the point. They make it easier on themselves by establishing a Gearscore baseline rather than spending an extra X minutes interviewing candidates.

The OP picture doesn't read as a particular *****. It could very easily be someone who wants to pvp or is meeting max-HP minimums for various encounters (unlikely at that gear level, but BT needs like a 10k min HP).

6. But having high gearscore doesn't automatically make you a good player,especially on this server where you can buy items.

My point of this SS was dude having good gearscore,with hilarious enchants,gems and item combination,and naturally judging by mentality of this server,he would get invite over someone who has 400 less gearscore but proper gems,enchants and talents,because logic when comes to gearscore and itemization is non existent here.

Some people trying to justify his gems,id like to see any serious raid leader allowing someone from his group to do this.On every server where logic prevail,player like this would be instantly kicked from the group,or not get invited on the first place.

There are so many blue trinkets better than some epic,which give 2x more gearscore,and there's even a green weapon for hunters,better than ss or tk epic one.I cant remember it,but it does exist.

GS did not exist in TBC not because people didn't think of it,but because itemization was totally different therefore gearscore did not exist for a good good reason.
    Edited: December 15, 2017

7. For HP increase,he could easily bought Veteran's Wyrmhide Bracers which much better stats (mostly that hp you defending him for) and he would be free to add proper socket,that actually means something.

Since that was not the case,rather being 'i don't give a ****,i have high gs' this once again proves gs means nothing.

I am sorry for all of you WOTLK fans,because you want something non existent...So much of a 'true blizzlike experience'

8. The claim that gear doesn't matter is wrong because its impossible to clear something like Karazhan in a raid full of greens.
    So a minimum "level" of gear is required to clear specific content and player that meets the minimum requirement is 100% more useful than a skilled player who doesn't. Also, that minimum was judged since the beginning of raiding, even without gearscore.
    It just helps to judge more quickly even if some lower GS items have better stats and raid leaders should still inspect.

So nobody should complain about GS because its a useful tool even if it doesn't determine skill.
    And how would you know if they're skilled unless you've played with them, against them, or watched from their perspective anyway?

As for the screenshot - they may have reasons you're not aware of. People used to laugh at me for choosing mongoose over savagery without knowing why I did so. Another example is the 5% snare resist I have in my helm that's nearly worthless for PVE but Its the best helm I have and I use it for PVP.

9. Gearscore is based on the itemlvl and rarity of the equipped items. In TBC the itemlvls are very unbalanced, meaning that in many cases wearing an item with lower itemlvl is a much better choice for your class/role.

Therefore GS doesn't reflect a characters actual strenght, it is only useable to give a very rough estimate of a characters overall gear level. Personally I would always inspect or look up on armory when creating a pug instead of relying on GS.

As a seasoned TBC player I would actually avoid pugs asking only for my amount of GS.

10. So you would prefer to have a full pvp geared Warlock with nice GS who isn't even near the Spell Hit cap over a full green/blue geared Warlock who is Spell Hit capped and is actually going to outDPS him?

11. Originally Posted by Donluck
    in many cases wearing an item with lower itemlvl is a much better choice for your class/role.
    That's only true for PVP versus PVE gear due to stats like stamina or resilience, but not PVE gear alone. I only use a single item with lower GS besides Hand of Justice lately, and that's Shapeshifter's Signet. So GS is still an accurate way to determine if someone meets the minimum requirements for clearing certain content.

My PVE set provides more DPS than my PVP gear, despite being over 100 GS lower, but its still 2750, not 1400, and that's the point.

Originally Posted by poepinjehoofd
    So you would prefer to have a full pvp geared Warlock with nice GS who isn't even near the Spell Hit cap over a full green/blue geared Warlock who is Spell Hit capped and is actually going to outDPS him?
    I'd take a high GS PVE geared warlock over both of them. But if I had to choose then i'd still pick the PVP one. The total stat gap between a full S2 player and someone in blues is huge, and you're overvaluing hit cap while ignoring other useful stats. Hit cap is important but there's a threshold for when its not worth sacrificing other useful stats like crit or spell power and you'd be doing less DPS despite being capped. An extreme example is losing 100 spell power for 2 hit, which clearly isn't worth it. So to assume that the person in blues or greens would do more DPS is false. Also most PVPers have PVE sets too and are usually better players from my experience.
    Edited: December 16, 2017

12. Braindead confirmed. Doesn't realize that PvP items waste a lot of budget on resilience.
    Compare the Oblivion set (D3 set, ilvl 115 blue) vs Dreadweave (SL/SL S1 set, ilvl 123 epic) set. Oblivion has the same amount of sockets but useful socket bonuses instead of Resilience, 7 less Spell Damage and 20 more Spell Hit. I can guarantee you that the Warlock wearing Oblivion set is going to outDPS the Warlock in Dreadweave.
    BUTSZ GEARSCORE IZ INFALIBLE :((

13. I started out dpsing 3k gs pvp geared players when I was at about 2.3k on my fire mage. Now at 2.5k it's not even close, pvp gear is significantly farther behind.

14. That's only true for PVP versus PVE gear due to stats like stamina or resilience, but not PVE gear alone. I only use a single item with lower GS besides Hand of Justice lately, and that's Shapeshifter's Signet. So GS is still an accurate way to determine if someone meets the minimum requirements for clearing certain content.

My PVE set provides more DPS than my PVP gear, despite being over 100 GS lower, but its still 2750, not 1400, and that's the point.
    Obviously your pve set provides more dps than your pvp set. It does however not change the fact that pve temlvls in TBC are very unbalanced and thus not reliable for anything other than a rough estimate of a characters overall gear lvl.

12 Last