1. Kael'thas P4 mind control

Our guild is doing progression on KT and we have found that (literally) 9 out of 10 times on the transition from phase 3 to 4, KT mind controls the telonicus tank on the first MC. pretty much a guaranteed wipe at this point.

Is there a cause for the telonicus tank to be highly likely to be MCed? I thought MC was supposed to be random any raid member but the main tank. The chances of the telonicus tank getting MCed every time like that is one in millions.

2. Pretty much a guaranteed wipe at this point.
    http://armory.warmane.com/pveladder/...s%20Sunstrider

38 guilds surpassed ur "guaranteed" wipe. I'd suggest u change ur tactics and stop brainstorming the reason of your wipes, thats stupid.

3. Its actually not Stupid just because 41 guilds have killed him it doesn't mean its working right. Its actually more likely those guilds have adjusted in some way to counter the tank getting MCed. the tank getting MCed is 100% a wipe unless your prepared for it,which it seems is why he made this post to see if others have had the same problem.

4. Yeah we are adjusting to make MC a non issue hopefully next raid. But it still doesn't change the fact that there seems to be something specific causing a specific tank to get MC. Obviously the boss is doable.

Can you LOS the mind control? Old posts on various forums suggest it was possible at least at some point in retail but obviously this server isn't retail.

5. The rest of the abilities in that fight has a roughly 40 yard range so there's a high possibility the same goes for mind control.. Where are you tanking Telonicus/Kael'thas?

6. Telonicus near the west door out of LOS of capernian. Kael has been in the middle of the room but pretty far north. Our positioning would definitely have the telonicus tank as one of very few people within 40 yards of Kael. That's a possibility.

7. How do you still have him alive? He should be dead by the time KT spawns...

8. I've spoke with guilds that are clearing Hyjal, even in T6 gear they say they still have at least the engineer up by the time KT comes out

9. If this is a recurring problem, just have your 3rd tank build 2nd threat on Telonicus while DPS kills Thaladred+Sanguinar.

Last week both tanks on Telonicus got MCed, so that can still happen sometimes. Generally we can kill Telonicus before the first MC.
    Edited: December 13, 2017

10. I've spoke with guilds that are clearing Hyjal, even in T6 gear they say they still have at least the engineer up by the time KT comes out
    Thats why you leave mage or thaladred even to the last and not engi.

11. How do you still have him alive? He should be dead by the time KT spawns...
    I'm guessing you've never done KT. In t5 gear you'll only kill thaladred and sanguinar before KT spawns.

12. I'm guessing you've never done KT. In t5 gear you'll only kill thaladred and sanguinar before KT spawns.
    Not always the case. Depends on your setup you can actually clear 3

13. I guess you've never killed KT then, cause we usually only have 10% (or dead) left on Engineer when KT spawns. Mage is last alive.

First time we took him down, engineer had about 20% hp when KT spawned - t5 gear is all we had.
    Edited: December 16, 2017

14. Even if you can't kill him before the first MC, it's very easy to have a tank with 2nd agro on him going into phase 4. There are only 3 tanks needed for the fight, and only two are used in phase 2. And Telonicus uses a bomb aoe so a second tank can stand on the first to gain rage or mana. But Kael does not MC immediately and you SHOULD have time to kill Telonicus before the first MC, or else your dps is low or your strat is bad at maximising dps.