1. @Muus
    ROFL 7 FREAKING HOURS?

GgWp my friend, if i wer u, i think id most likely take a 1year break from gaming in general after that much aids for Murky.

I tought grps of random plebs wer able to kill it, nvm... :D

As for all the events, idk...
    Its not as fun as last year, thats atleast how i see it.

5 players working their way...
    Jumping in that huge arena, getting past the Horde Multiboxer stacked on the NPC, sending paladins or decoys to use bubble or simply die so the Warlock can get close while he has cd or gcd, using friendly name plates to talk to NPC fast so u can get u to the stairs...
    Summoning people, climbing towards the NPC that teleports u to a magical land of Cow King, was awesome.
    Sure death spawned ur ghost in the whole other continent and u had to unstuck, but there wer ways with a Nelf healer to avoid that aswell.
    Rewards wer great, maybe a bit too much but still nothing over the top, especialy considering its a perfect way for new players to catch up on gear or for old players to gear some alts.
    Yes, the Primordial Saronite price going a bit too low is a downside, but thats all to dumb people selling it that way if u ask me.

But, u cant blame the staff for removing it all.

I still remember people complaining how rewards wer too much and that they are left in the dust ONLY COS THEY WER NOT ABLE TO FIND A PROPER GROUP OR WORK HARD TO GET **** DONE.
    After they made emblems drops so low people couldnt get a single gem after clearing it all, the SAME PEOPLE, that complained how its too much, after putting in some effort and getting in the Cow land, started complaining how rewards are TOO LOW.
    This was just 1 out of 100 complaints from ONLY last year, so yea...

That is our dear and belowed "forum warmane comunity".
    "If im bad and i cant have fun, make others suffer aswell cos im a lazy ****."

U brought this upon urselves with the constant complaints, and u are doing it again, and u will do it next year, instead of beeing patient and/or using this forum as a tool to suggest new things that could be implemented or improved.

@Mercy
    People do most of the stuff in this game cos of rewards, sadly... That is why most of people raid toc and icc and only few naxx and uld.
    That is why 1 rare mount drop for 40 people raid would make it worth the time and the effort even if they know 1 of them can get it.
    Hell, make it drop 100 of each emblems, 1 non/hard obtainable mount, 1 tabard and 1 epic shirt and make it a 1 time thing, aka once u kill it u cant do it again this year, aka untill the events end.
    Wipe - no save u can still do it.
    Kill - u got the emblems and u had a chance for mount.
    It would be both memorable and rewarding in the same time without breaking anything since u cant do much with 100eofs/eots/eo... but to get couple of orbs, gems or item parts from each vendor.
    Thats atleast how i would do it...

2. So I read through several pages of comments here that sprawled since last night and, honestly, I think I'll just pass on this year's events. Overtuned bosses only doable by a 6k GS group, 40v40 outdoor ****fest for 2 EoFs - nnnnaaaahhh, ty. "But you haven't even tried it" - no, and I really lost all motivation to do so, sorry. "But it's about the community" - I don't want to have any dealings with 99% of the players here. Warmane has no community. It's mostly just a bunch of randoms, except for that 1%. So if "community" is the strong point of this event, then it's a strong "pass" by me.
    the 40vs40 for 2 eof can be easily solved by spawning more event mobs or reducing spawn time , we do see always 2-3 raids fighting over 1 group of mobs

3. Invasion event decrease respawn time please from 15min to 5min..Or change the eof we need more per kill.

4. Where does the quest chain start?

5. quest chain starts at dark portal in hellfire peninsula

6. The Grinch boss was indeed fun, but after deciphering the the cipher on the riddle, solving the riddle's location, getting there and spending 7 hours figuring out the strategy for the boss - Out of the 40 people who were present in the raid at the time of the kill, 37 left empty handed.

1 person walked away with a very nice companion that can't be obtained in any other way (as far as i know), and 2 people got a vanity item that can be purchased or obtained during seasonal events that come once every year.

Am I thankful that Warmane took the effort to put this event in for the players? Yes, I am. Did I have fun? Yes, I did!

But did I think it was worth the effort? No, it probably wasn't. Over the course of 7 hours, we probably rotated through more than 60 members, and some of us locked multiple characters.

Why does this upset me? I don't care about the rewards, or the fact I didn't get any. But do others share this viewpoint about not caring about the loot? DEFINITELY NOT. The loot was the only reason 90% of those guys even bothered coming along in the first place. They expected Frost Emblems. They expect GOLD! They expected rare tabards and mounts, their expectations having been preceded by the Cow Event and Snowman loot tables. They AT LEAST expected some compensation for the Repair gold and consumables they burnt in the attempts.
    Personally, I consumed 5 Flasks of Rage, over 80 Potions of Speed, over 40 Fish Feasts, countless Arrows on my hunter. I can only imagine what the combined tally of 40 players would've consumed. Noteably, I was on the only person dropping Fish Feasts for the whole raid, but even so, I don't blame them for complaining. A sweet taste of victory, followed by a bitter aftertaste.

Was the sense of accomplishment alone worth it? Personally, I think it was worth it. It's a once-ever experience that may never happen again. It was a fun time, and I'm sure I'll look back on it as a fun memory.

But still, I have to disagree with the lack of loot. Despite the fact I personally don't give a darn about loot, the fact of the matter is that like primitive animals drawn to food, the PLAYERBASE of an MMORPG is drawn to loot like insects to a lightbulb.

I can only imagine how the rest of the playerbase would feel upon hearing it took a end-game raiding guild over 7 hours of attempts to figure out the boss's mechanics and develop a working strategy, with the average gearscore being well above 6k+

In fact, even once our group downed it - the idea of attempting another run was INSTANTLY dismissed as not being worth it.

Our group KNEW THE STRATEGY. We had PRACTICED the execution. We had alts with the gear. We had all the tools we needed, all the skills needed, and all the knowledge needed.
    We knew very well, that if we all logged different alts, we could down the boss again within 5 attempts, easily.

YET EVEN OUR GROUP, WITH THIS KNOWLEDGE, STILL DIDN'T BOTHER WITH A SECOND RUN. That's how little they thought of the rewards, and how cirpplingly low the motivation to attempt this boss is.

Let's just say, fun as this boss may be - I can't imagine anyone in the community wanting to attempt it. We deemed it wasn't even worth the few minutes of time to invite 40 players together, and summon them all down the boss location.

Do you think anyone else in their right minds will think it's worth the HOURS of figuring out strats, knowing the emptiness that lies at the end of the road?

A great event, and a very FUN event. But not worth doing, and likely not to be even attempted by 99.99% of the playerbase. Word of this will spread rapidly like wildfire, and whereever the word reaches, motivation of attempting this boss will fade to nothing.

7. Basically, I'm regretful that so many people I know will not be bothering with the Christmas and New Year events. Not just with the Grinch boss, but with alot of them in general.

We can tell the players countless times that it's not about the loot, it's about having fun.

I can attest to the fact that the events are enjoyable. It's not everyday something new like this comes along. But as much as I say this, I know others won't bother attempting the boss. They won't participate in the events. Some of them aren't even enjoying the events, focussing on the negatives instead. "Can't tag mobs, keep getting ganked by allies, wah wah wah"

I guess at the end of the day, players want loot. They want FREEBIES.

The few of us who just want to have fun will enjoy the events for what they are; But even as much as I enjoyed the events, I know I'm not getting any compensation back for the consumables I spent on the boss fight, paid only by a fleeting moment of joy when we downed the boss.

8. A great event, and a very FUN event. But not worth doing, and likely not to be even attempted by 99.99% of the playerbase. Word of this will spread rapidly like wildfire, and whereever the word reaches, motivation of attempting this boss will fade to nothing.
    ^this. Just to clarify my previous post, I'm not saying the event is bad. I'm not crying about EoFs (in fact, I was against another cow + snowmen event). I'm just saying the event is not worth it. If you're an absolute full-donor 9k-achievement no-lifer who plays WoW >6h/day, then I guess you can take part in the event (a couple of years ago that would be me and I would join the event). Otherwise - nah...

9. How do I find out in which zone the minions of the grinch spawn? Is it a public chat announcement?

10. Thnx to this event i bought druid's spellcaster and healer idols (EoF), which i would have never bought otherwise, great event!

11. Even tho we had a lot of fun doing the grinch thing, once people realize what the loot is, nobody else will want to spend so much time on it just for fun. I appreciate the effort the staff made on this boss and im not asking for loot because I dont really care about it but, there wont be any incentive now for almost everybody to defeat this boss. Seems like it was made for only a couple kills, wich is kinda lame since I guess it took a lot of time and effort to create it.
    Not everybody is moved on by fun (some dont like ulduar because it gives not loot even tho is the best raid ever) so getting 40+ people with almost endgame gear to spend several hours wiping just for 5 emblems and 3 vanity items doesn't seem like it will happen again.

I had a lot of fun and really felt I accomplished something nice, so thank you Warmane but it makes me kinda sad that I think pretty much nobody else will try this boss now.

12. ty for event of grinch :3 very funni and happy holydays

13. Snowmen are better than this event..

14. We fixed that a few minutes ago. Holiday cheer only here, please!
    Hello Sir, The quest chain on FW is not working. People are stuck on "Dave the Rave Guy" as Dave isnt spawning. Please Fix this. There is a unconfirmed bug report abt it on the bugtracker.

First ... 3111213141523 ... Last