1. Merry Christmas,
    Can you put more info about 'winter donation bonuses up to 40% are active'?

2. We menaged to down The Grinich. so here is tactic.
    1st Phase 100%-75%: Nuke boss. Aoe adds. watch out for puddle.
    2nd Phase 75%-45%: Use tree to LOS spite which boss does. He spite every 6 sec normally and in some cases he stun whole raid than you got 10 sec to hide.
    3rd Phase 45%-15%: Boss is tank and spank. Nuke it. OT has to tount and soak "Weed" mob which deal nature dmg to spot where he is.
    4th Phase 15%-0%: Boss heals himself. Casting AOE dmg which can be interupted. He is stacking enrage but that would not be problem. just BL and NUKE it.
    DROP: Magic Broom. Romantic Picnic. Murloc Egg.

3. Well that grinch loot was not worth the effort xP
    but it was fun

4. Drops were GARBAGE for this kill.

-Magic Broom
    -Romantic Picnic Basket
    -Blue Murloc Egg
    -5 EoFs

We could've got unlucky, but so far it was not worth the effort. Drops need to be improved, because getting 40 players together, and 40 decent players at that, the loot is completely worthless.

5. The fight WAS extremely fun though.
    Having 40 people try to figure out mechanics, not knowing what to do. We even tried rediculous stuff like Mana Burning the boss for 20 minutes to see what would happen when he ooms. Thank god for that, made the fight so much easier. The Blue Clickable object and the corpses on the ground were a nice touch too.

6. Drops were GARBAGE for this kill.

-Magic Broom
    -Romantic Picnic Basket
    -Blue Murloc Egg
    -5 EoFs

We could've got unlucky, but so far it was not worth the effort. Drops need to be improved, because getting 40 players together, and 40 decent players at that, the loot is completely worthless.
    Well at last i finish my chain and got a Murloc Costume.

7. Could anyone say if they have found the grinch or the rave guy from the quest chain on frostwolf ? so far ive only heard people say they cant find them

8. Relam first Grinch kill -> FADE!

9. We'd appreciate it if you stopped posting spoilers in the news thread.
    Relam first Grinch kill -> FADE!
    Why do people care so much about "Realm First XYZ"?

10. Hey,

I donated for the extra 40%, but didn't recieve it. (40% of 30 is 12, but I only got 8)

Did I do something wrong? :o
    Its up to 40%, not 40% for all options.

11. GgWp Warmane for the new killable Grinch!

@players complaining about the loot:
    The point of Grinch is not for him to give u T10 pieces, RS items, Shadowmourne or any other worthy item.
    Its the expirience that u go for.

Doing a 40m raid and killing something other than Icecrown Citadel bosses (aka something new), getting out of that endless farm circle, having fun with the rest of comunity.
    People live for today and want everything today without any effort put in to get that.
    And that is really sad.

Sure, rewards can be better, every raid member could get 10 emblems of frost and triumph, Romantic Picnic Basket and the Boss could drop couple of rollable epic things (tabard, posible mount, some kind of costume), but than again they are not obligated to give us anything.

So STOP complaining, sit back and relax. Try to have fun and enjoy the holidays.
    Try to, for once on this endless Xmas circle of greed, make this a happy and not a complaining part of the year.

As for the world spawning NPCs, look at that event as a new, some kind of world PvP event. Groups of 40m horde and alliance players doing crazy stuff for couple of extra emblems.
    DONT complain how its "aids" or frustrating, just go do ICC 10m and ul get more emblems anyway. Let people who enjoy that or miss that from vanila days do it...

Best of luck, and Happy Holidays!

12. So I read through several pages of comments here that sprawled since last night and, honestly, I think I'll just pass on this year's events. Overtuned bosses only doable by a 6k GS group, 40v40 outdoor ****fest for 2 EoFs - nnnnaaaahhh, ty. "But you haven't even tried it" - no, and I really lost all motivation to do so, sorry. "But it's about the community" - I don't want to have any dealings with 99% of the players here. Warmane has no community. It's mostly just a bunch of randoms, except for that 1%. So if "community" is the strong point of this event, then it's a strong "pass" by me.

13. GgWp Warmane for the new killable Grinch!
    Its not that much killable though. We stuck there for 7 hours (3 hours, then 2h break, and then more 4 hours) having to figure out without any previous knowledge ways to deal with untested content that one shot the raid very very often

Why do people care so much about "Realm First XYZ"?
    The reason im proud about it its not actually about the realm first, but the fact that it took A LOT of effort to build the MAN POWER to do a 40 man raid for that long, without even knowing for sure what the reward would be, and being sucessful after so much struggle feels really good. I alredy tried to achiev those on the past when i used to play only with people from same country as me, and i saw others achieving what we were trying and it felt really bad. my effort alone, was not enough, the man power with only people from my country was not enough, and now that i am being able to succeed for a change, its feels really nice. The mention of realm first its more about placing the guild that i play and also myself, in a certain history. Warmane was here before me and will be here after me, and i feel proud being a part of it

I understand the anger and disapointment that many had after killing it and seeying that there its nothing unique or even rare that comes as reward from it. My final thoughts about this event is that, its not accessible for 90% of the server, maybe not accessible for 99% of the server. Make the Acid Breath damage 35.000 base damage (before resistances) instead of 90.000, and unprepared people will still die from it, and even if they survive it will stress as fork the healers, but it will still be handable somehow. Also add a little more reward from it, small things like 50x emblems from the kill instead of 5x, and people will want to do it with under geared characters and it will be funny to see xD

14. The reason im proud about it its not actually about the realm first, but the fact that it took A LOT of effort to build the MAN POWER to do a 40 man raid for that long, without even knowing for sure what the reward would be, and being sucessful after so much struggle feels really good. I alredy tried to achiev those on the past when i used to play only with people from same country as me, and i saw others achieving what we were trying and it felt really bad. my effort alone, was not enough, the man power with only people from my country was not enough, and now that i am being able to succeed for a change, its feels really nice. The mention of realm first its more about placing the guild that i play and also myself, in a certain history. Warmane was here before me and will be here after me, and i feel proud being a part of it

I understand the anger and disapointment that many had after killing it and seeying that there its nothing unique or even rare that comes as reward from it. My final thoughts about this event is that, its not accessible for 90% of the server, maybe not accessible for 99% of the server. Make the Acid Breath damage 35.000 base damage (before resistances) instead of 90.000, and unprepared people will still die from it, and even if they survive it will stress as fork the healers, but it will still be handable somehow. Also add a little more reward from it, small things like 50x emblems from the kill instead of 5x, and people will want to do it with under geared characters and it will be funny to see xD
    Fair enough, I suppose. When making the events, the team aims to make things that would be fun to do. Loot and rewards is an after-thought, really. And perhaps it's not as rewarding as it ought to be for its difficulty, but think of the silver lining! It's not every day you get to progress through brand new content on WotLK, or any old expansion for that matter. In that fashion, I would get enjoyment out of it. I'm not sure if adjusting the rewards is feasible though. Because it will only be available for X number of lockouts (2 or 3, as far as I know), and you yourself have already burned one. Is it fair to the people who have already done it and are now locked to it vs. those who would kill it after loot adjustments? Or those that may miss out on one or more or those locks because of IRL holiday related things? In addition to the point that it's not intended to be a loot-piƱata, but something fun to do for the seasonal event.

Its not that much killable though. We stuck there for 7 hours (3 hours, then 2h break, and then more 4 hours) having to figure out without any previous knowledge ways to deal with untested content that one shot the raid very very often
    "untested"
    It was tested rather quite thoroughly. It's not easy to try and create a boss that is relevant to all 4 expansions in terms of damage output and mechanics. It's not perfect. It's also not meant to be easy.

P.S. Please don't post spoilers in the news thread!

15. So I read through several pages of comments here that sprawled since last night and, honestly, I think I'll just pass on this year's events. Overtuned bosses only doable by a 6k GS group, 40v40 outdoor ****fest for 2 EoFs - nnnnaaaahhh, ty. "But you haven't even tried it" - no, and I really lost all motivation to do so, sorry. "But it's about the community" - I don't want to have any dealings with 99% of the players here. Warmane has no community. It's mostly just a bunch of randoms, except for that 1%. So if "community" is the strong point of this event, then it's a strong "pass" by me.
    QFT, although I appreciate the world PvP from the invasions to some extent.

First ... 2101112131422 ... Last