1. Stop Crying about free stuff they didnt have to put events at all yet they did they do every year if you dont like dont do it its simple as that
    stop q_q

2. If you're questing and can't find an NPC for a questline, make a macro, for example "/tar <name here>" and fly all over the map to spamming the macro. If you're looking for a mob in terrokar, then stay within terrokkar as you search all over that zone.

Secondly, if there were to be a boss who's adds you could farm for emblems, then why not pull the boss, kill his adds, then run away to reset the boss and pull him again. If he spawns the adds again, you could theoretically do this infinitely? >>IF<< there happened to be a boss that worked like this, you >>MAYBE<< could get 100 EoFs in an hour as long as another raid doesn't interrupt you and kill the boss. Just you know, >>HYPOTHETICALLY<<if such a thing were to exist.

And hypothetically, if there were a boss that you want to kill that 1 shots the raid alot, bring tonnes of druids to battlerez and warlocks to soulstone. Not that a boss that 1 shots the raid super frequently and drops next to no loot is worth even attempting, though.

Fun events? I think so. If you know how to do them.

3. Secondly, if there were to be a boss who's adds you could farm for emblems, then why not pull the boss, kill his adds, then run away to reset the boss and pull him again. If he spawns the adds again, you could theoretically do this infinitely? >>IF<< there happened to be a boss that worked like this, you >>MAYBE<< could get 100 EoFs in an hour as long as another raid doesn't interrupt you and kill the boss. Just you know, >>HYPOTHETICALLY<<if such a thing were to exist.

And hypothetically, if there were a boss that you want to kill that 1 shots the raid alot, bring tonnes of druids to battlerez and warlocks to soulstone. Not that a boss that 1 shots the raid super frequently and drops next to no loot is worth even attempting, though.

Fun events? I think so. If you know how to do them.
    Boss drops EoFs, not ads.
    Hypothetical scenario you've been talking about is fixed very first hour of event.

4. I've now had time to experience the invasion event fully and will give my 2 cents.

First off, the event is a nice fun idea, and with the population of the server, they couldn't really predict how it would turn out since not everyone cares about the event and is not level 80. There also isn't really a way for them to stress test the invasion piece without spoiling the event and creating the exact scenarios that happen when the event goes live. See history of any game ever that releases a patch... or event.. etc.. You can't just emulate 1000 real people doing the event in 2-4 zones in a test server. The fact they are tweaking as they go shows they are at least making things better and paying attention and fixing ****. Better than a poor release and them disappearing like ghosts.

I have been able to farm 200+ EOF now. I missed out on the initial farm where people were farming mobs, which sucks yeah, but I still got PLENTY of free stuff after. And I haven't been on again since it's nerfed down to 1 eof per boss, but the fact I got anything at all shows that warmane at least did something to give us a chance to enjoy the holiday spirit. They didn't have to do ANY of this. They gave back to the community though and you had to put in some effort to get into the events and have luck, but hey that's part of the fun. I had hours of running around missing aggro, getting wiped by ALLY, or flamed by other horde. Repair costs, troll leads, hell at one point I got glitched through the ground in a pvp battle, but isn't that part of the game? Sure holidays are to promote community and happiness and peace and love yadayda, but this is a video game, and people are competitive. It was fun fighting raids for aggro on bosses and trash talking each other. When ally would show up or horde and a 40v40 raid, or hell even 80vs80 raid would break out, it is frustrating not be farming more eofs, but it's still part of the event and adds fun. We get blinded by the greed of getting free EOF's, you don't enjoy the actual event which is in front of you. The event brougt HUNDREDS of players together in raids who probably would never play together due to language differences or different server times all to these locations on the server that most people never go to because the content there isn't wrath or outdated. I found myself exploring or returning to areas new and old that I never had been on warmane. There's still 10 days of the event left, and I already feel I had a great time, and I know there are atleast a couple more days of fun to come.

Maybe the event isn't perfect, but they continue to tune it and through the whines of the warmane community, which we know is YUGE, they still are communicating with us and tweaking the server, and giving us FREE **** we are not entitled too. You don't have to donate for bonus coins, so just because there are some now, doesn't mean you need even more. You can get everything in this game without donating a single coin, but that's up to you and how much time you spent. When people see free stuff or bonuses, they get greedy and expect more. Nothing should be expected in the first place.

Also think this, some of these GM's have been playing here for YEARS. They get burnt out just like any of us would playing something over and over again, or working on a project over and over again, and it is hard to stay interested 100% of the time. They still are giving us new content and stuff that may seem easy, but why not go look into all of the background knowledge it takes to do this stuff yourself? I'm sure you'll end up frustrated, confused, and say welp, back to warmane it works..

Not to mention, there is still free stuff coming at the end of the year, and more events being done. So people, stop being greedy, and make the best of what you can. Complaining doesn't solve anything, though I admit constructive criticism is fine by all means.

Even if you see me complaining or frustrated, it would be a lie to say I didn't have a good time and am not enjoying the event. It has its ups and downs.

5. 2016 rewards:

Spoiler: Show

6. ...and fixing grinch would also help the event alot lol, even if a bis cata raid would try wotlk grinch they would fail multiple times....XD
    Grinch is working as intended, it's just the fight that has to be executed correctly. Of course it will take some wipes to find out how the fight works, but you're not supposed to kill it with no effort. We have kept a close eye on Grinch and players just aren't executing the fight as they should. Figuring out better tactics would help :)

7. Best,and the most true post here xD
    just this, perfect and real

8. Why say the event is on all servers when there is absolutely nothing on Medivh? Or did I miss something completely?

9. You want people to invest time and effort o kill Grinch? Wipe multiple times is normal you say? for just 5 EOF? Pretty sure they prefer to just farm the invasion event... To take down Grinch could take 20 min with wipes maybe 40 or even an hour+ for that time u can farm 15-25 EOF from invasion event. If u want Grinch to be viable I'd suggest making it easier OR more rewarding.

10. Will the the grinch get revealed sometime ? so far i dont think anyone on frostwolf has been able to find him yet
    Or does this mean if we cant find him we wont even get to enjoy the event?

11. Boss drops EoFs, not ads.
    Hypothetical scenario you've been talking about is fixed very first hour of event.
    The adds in that hypotheticial situation, which is CLEARLY not exactly how the invasion event still works, has not been "fixed". The adds still have a ~20% chance of dropping eofs, at least on Icecrown.

First ... 6141516171826 ... Last