1. Spoiler: Show
    I'd give Artic Winds priority over Arcane Power for simply the fact that Artic Winds becomes a "Passive" 5% damage increase instead of 15 seconds of fame.

Roughly speaking, with Arcane Power you get 20% damage increase for 15 Seconds and then until cool down (i.e. 105 Seconds), you have 0% damage increase (as if the talent you invested in doesn't even exist) but with Artic Winds, you have 5% damage increased for the whole 120 seconds.

If we go by the rough numbers then:
    Arcane Power: 15x20 = 300 + (105x0) = 300
    Artic Winds: 120x5 = 600

Now you do the math.
    I was thinking the same way myself and of course in a setting where you just put out damage non-stop Arctic Winds is way superior. But when you have to move from pack to pack it becomes a lot less effective. Because it does not end up being in effect for more than maybe 30 seconds or 45 if Im super generous.

Then it becomes:
    45x5=225

A normal pull (for me so far) is dead in less than 15 seconds after my first Blizzard. Then I have to loot, maybe eat/drink, find a new pack. And by the time I've gathered my next pull and used Frost Nova Arcane Power is off cooldown again. Depending on how much I need to loot and such. Some times it is one pull with Arcane Power, next with Icy Veins and trinket, then Arcane Power on the next and so on.

So that is my reasoning for going Arcane Power over Arctic Winds, it also feels insanely good just popping Arcane Power and watch the damage.

Really appreciate the feedback though! :D
    Edited: January 4, 2018

2. If it's working with your rotation then there's nothing to fix.

It all comes down to personal preferences. I try best to manage mana (i.e. make sure I use less of it but doing maximum possible damage). Using less mana means spending less time drinking. Yes it's just a-few seconds that I'm saving but they add up in the long run.

And don't mind me over explaining stuff. I mean no offense to anyone, I just love playing with numbers.

3. I agree with the notion that for farming purposes a passive +5% damage bonus would be better than a 15 second +20% damage bonus, but the way you calculate this is very weird and imo wrong. You're simply multiplying seconds with % modifiers which logically makes very little sense as this will return some number, but it's not at all clear how one should treat that number.
    Edited: January 4, 2018

4. but the way you calculate this is very weird and imo wrong. You're simply multiplying seconds with % modifiers which logically makes very little sense as this will return some number, but it's not at all clear how one should treat that number.
    Okay, I just added summary of the concept in my previous post. But let's go into details.

Previously I wrote:
    If we go by the rough numbers then:
    Arcane Power: 15x20 = 300 + (105x0) = 300
    Artic Winds: 120x5 = 600
    Let's assume you are doing 100 damage per second (DPS) in a 2 minutes (i.e. 120 seconds) Window.
    Then Arcane Power will make your DPS = 100 + (100 x 20%) = 120
    While Artic Winds make your DPS = 100 + (100 x 5%) = 105

Now let's do some math with above values (in 2 minutes Window):

If you have Arcane Power:
    While Arcane Power is Active: 15 Seconds x 120 DPS = 1,800
    When Arcane Power is on CD: 105 Seconds x 100 DPS = 10,500
    Total Damage in 2 Minutes with Arcane Power = 1,800 + 10,500 = 12,300

If you have Artic Winds:
    Total Damage in 2 Minutes = 120 Seconds x 105 DPS = 12,600

Rest I leave it to your imagination.

5. With that assumption in place I can agree with your calculations as they're now clear.

6. It all comes down to personal preferences. I try best to manage mana (i.e. make sure I use less of it but doing maximum possible damage). Using less mana means spending less time drinking. Yes it's just a-few seconds that I'm saving but they add up in the long run.

And don't mind me over explaining stuff. I mean no offense to anyone, I just love playing with numbers.
    I'm super happy for your feedback :)
    I love to minmax stuff myself, but I am not very experienced with WoW. So stuff like DPS cooldowns, stat importance etc. is a bit vague for me still.
    For example how much Spell Power is 1% of Crit Chance worth? Etc. Etc.

And it has definetly a lot to do with personal preference, but I want to find the best possible spec you can have. Xd

I do agree that Arctic Winds is better in theory, but when you apply it in game I don't think it is. This is probably a super insignificant difference though. And it would be different from farming spot to farming spot.

Spoiler: Show

If you have short downtime between pulls (small packs but many packs pretty close) and you don't need to drink/eat Arctic Winds will raise in value. Because the amount of seconds you make use of the 5% during a 2 minute window would be larger. You would need to cast Blizzard for 60 seconds though to be able to get the same damage as you get from Arcane Power.
    If you are at a spot where you only do one pull then wait for respawns you are definetly better off with Arcane Power.
    But you also have to consider how many mobs you damage with Arctic Winds or Arcane Power.

If you use Arcane Power on 15 mobs then a new pack of 15 mobs without. Then you get 15mobs x ((15seconds - seconds not channeling Blizzard) x 20% damage increase) +15mobs x 0 = effective damage increased by arcane power on those two pulls.

For Arctic Winds it would be 15mobs x (x seconds (x=seconds it takes to kill the mobs) x 5% damage increase) + 15mobs x (x seconds (x=seconds it takes to kill the mobs) x 5% damage increase) = effective damage increased from Arctic Winds.

Ive probably missed som variables as well, but it is pretty hard to calculate the exact damage gained.

Also I'm not good at math, so that formula is probably filled with mistakes and not as good looking, but you get a general idea at least :p

7. It's perfectly fine to have the things your way. Having fun and being able to enjoy yourself while playing is the main purpose of the game after all.

But do remember that leveling is a "Temporary" phase, it will end. Grinding is just a mean to get you to maxed level. And after reaching that level, you won't be doing AOEs in Raids / Arena. At that time, today's calculation (Artic Power vs Artic Winds) will prove useful if you were running Frost Spec.

8. Tried to play without Ice Barrier, I failed miserably haha

And still kept missing stuff with Nova in Ice Crown (3 levels higher) after I go Precision, which I guess I should have expected. But it was disappointing :p

Totally forgot to test out arctic winds, so I guess I'll try that during the weekend. Or when I ding 80 and go out on my gold farming quest.

First 12