1. The Grich

I honestly don't understand why every Christmas Boss on Lordaeron is Overpowered and almost impossible to do.
    If on Icecrown Realm, 40 people with BiS gear, Shadowmournes, RS 25HC trinkets etc. have trouble downing him, what can we expect on Lordaeron?
    Nobody says that it should be just a tank-and-spank giveaway-loot fight...
    But for the love of God, do something about the Grich, so that it can be killed by multiple raids.
    In my opinion, this should be a fun event for all, not a Gear Check fight.

2. Agree.We want an event boss what is possible kill or what is the point add to lordaeron if boss isnt killable?

3. Feel bad for developers who scripted the boss, wasted time on nothing since loot doesn't correspond difficulty of the fight

4. For what reason it is "impossible to do"?

5. For what reason it is "impossible to do"?
    Just gonna share my experience, I tried to do it first day it was released, took an hour to find 40 people willing to try new content instead of farming EoF, we knew some boss mechanics and I explained it to raid, but please take it to account that it's 40 random people from global with different skill levels, at 75% when boss starts to do aoe, each time at least 5-7 ppl died couse 1) poor awareness( pugs are pugs nothing to add to it) 2) poor scripting (boss doesnt have any visual cast to alert player of incoming damage) and since he does his aoe every 6-7 seconds raid wiped pretty soon.
    I would really suggest to simply remove 2nd phase of the boss, getting 40 ppl to do a boss challenging enough on Lordaeron server

6. Just gonna share my experience, I tried to do it first day it was released, took an hour to find 40 people willing to try new content instead of farming EoF, we knew some boss mechanics and I explained it to raid, but please take it to account that it's 40 random people from global with different skill levels, at 75% when boss starts to do aoe, each time at least 5-7 ppl died couse 1) poor awareness( pugs are pugs nothing to add to it) 2) poor scripting (boss doesnt have any visual cast to alert player of incoming damage) and since he does his aoe every 6-7 seconds raid wiped pretty soon.
    I would really suggest to simply remove 2nd phase of the boss, getting 40 ppl to do a boss challenging enough on Lordaeron server
    Thats the point. Boss by itself maybe isnt hardest boss once you learn how to do him, but for it you need 40 players. Yes, larger guild might get these numbers, but usualy numbers are way less from same guild. The fact that not all will want to do it... So pugs are answer. If you know meaning of word "pugs", you should understand that its usualy different skill level,no communication, slacking and so on. Ok, you manage to get these 40 pugs. Lets say you get good pugs. You will spend well enough time at wiping. After all its not that easy boss. And probably you somehow manage to kill boss. In the end what you get? As far as i have heard you get 5 eof ( these who realy need these emblems are already farming them from world eof farm, and these who actualy are high enough to kill grinch, most likly wont need them anyway), 1 epic mount. 1 !!! for 40 players! So what was point even scripting it if pretty much noone does it? And no its not players foult that they wont do "free eof boss" which gives pretty much nothing for struggle you put in

7. I dont get why they made it for 40man raid when most raids cant fill up 25man for easier things .... 5-10man event boss would better on this realm and dont talk about medivh....

8. Yea, on Lordaeron there are EoFs farming groups 24/7. Gathering 40 people is hard as it is, because most people just don't care about the event, since you will get the 5 EoFs 100x times faster from farming the elites from the invading event.
    Why make this in the first place? This is another frustrating event, same as last year(remember the huge Santa in Orgrimmar killing everyone there)
    So, if the devs actually care about this server, and want to do something nice, we expect a big nerf from the boss.
    It's been ages since Lordaeron actually got something decent, and this would be appreciated from all of us.
    All my peeps in-game, simply want to do the boss for the Murloc Costume, not the EoFs, not the mount.

9. Just gonna share my experience, I tried to do it first day it was released, took an hour to find 40 people willing to try new content instead of farming EoF, we knew some boss mechanics and I explained it to raid, but please take it to account that it's 40 random people from global with different skill levels, at 75% when boss starts to do aoe, each time at least 5-7 ppl died couse 1) poor awareness( pugs are pugs nothing to add to it) 2) poor scripting (boss doesnt have any visual cast to alert player of incoming damage) and since he does his aoe every 6-7 seconds raid wiped pretty soon.
    2) Yeah, spell doesn't have cast time, but because of that boss has 2s of inactivity. And it's not 6-7s, once you figure it out so you can prepare for it in advance combined with grace period it should be easy.

In theory you don't need 40 ppl, more dps just mean it dies faster, but stretch it too long and healers will run out of mana.

10. 1 epic mount. 1 !!! for 40 players!
    Never play vanilla because when u see 3 items drop for 40 ppl u also gona go cry :/

11. Never play vanilla because when u see 3 items drop for 40 ppl u also gona go cry :/
    Do you see me playing vanilla realms?

12. So I guess no hopes of killing him on Lordaeron.
    I suggest to Warmane, that it would be better for next years to just don't bother anymore with these kind of events, because they feel like a big slap in the face for the community.

13. So I guess no hopes of killing him on Lordaeron.
    I suggest to Warmane, that it would be better for next years to just don't bother anymore with these kind of events, because they feel like a big slap in the face for the community.
    They so called "communtiy" that feels slapped by warmane doesnt have to bother about the events in the first place.

14. I honestly don't understand why every Christmas Boss on Lordaeron is Overpowered and almost impossible to do.
    If on Icecrown Realm, 40 people with BiS gear, Shadowmournes, RS 25HC trinkets etc. have trouble downing him, what can we expect on Lordaeron?
    Nobody says that it should be just a tank-and-spank giveaway-loot fight...
    But for the love of God, do something about the Grich, so that it can be killed by multiple raids.
    In my opinion, this should be a fun event for all, not a Gear Check fight.
    Nah u dont even need 40 players for Grinch, even full BiS group would fail on that if they dont follow boss mechanics . Boss has alot of mechanics and it has 4 phases i dont know exact % of phases but im sure they are like this. Phase 1 : 100%-75% , AoE Adds fast as u can (they other dmg raid or heal the boss),watch out of puddles (dont stand in them) make sure u have a mage/enha to spellsteal/purge Boss on this phase, Phase 2 : 75%-45%(this is phase where people wipe) , Every 5-6seconds Boss spites towards random player and u gotta spread around the boss,so often he stuns the raid for 10seconds ('Fade' who killed grinch first they LoS this mechanic) but we did it different we found out there's a table and top of that there's water when u drink it simply removes the debuff , on this phase u dont have adds to deal with just burn boss (Blow every CD/BL on this phase), Phase 3 : 45%-15% , on this phase boss gives an Aura to everyone near him which decreases Armor by certain % kite him in a circle dont let Weed reach the boss or it 1shot tank , Phase 4 : 15%-0% TanknSpank every so often boss heals himself dw about it just burn the boss .
    Edited: December 26, 2017