1. Best DPS?

Hey guys,
    Just wondering, for all you WotLK players, which class has the best raiding DPS in your opinion?

2. Well certain classes do better on certain bosses and certain raids can't quite narrow it down to 1 class.

3. In BiS gear ttw fire mage and fury warr.

4. Mages frequent the tops of the dps charts, they tell me arcane is the best but I see a lot more fire pve mages than arcane lol

5. Wasn't it frostfire mages?

6. https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/5349...craft/55886296

(or google "wotlk dps ranking" and choose first option if you don't trust gamefaqs-links)

7. For WotLK, Fury Warrior (only with Smourne), MM Hunter, and TTW Mage are probably at the topend of the board right now. But that said, Skill>gear.

Ret Paladins were nerfed alot, but are usually capable of top-3. Combat rogue is also doing quite well at BiS, depending on the player.

TTW Mage is usually the highest DPS Mage spec at BiS due to Focus Magic trades, but FFB isn't too far behind. Arcane is good DPS but lacks in long fights or when theres alot of moving involved. It's definitely capable of gimmicky-high dps tricks, such as getting 8 Druid Innervates on BQL and never using Arcane Missiles.

Also, Retail WoW dps charts and Warmane WoW charts are COMPLETELY different due to differences in scaling and minor bugs that affect DPS. Warmane is a stale server that has many BiS characters; Retail WoW is a constant-Progression based game where people often never reach BiS, or don't stay BiS for long before a new expansion comes out.

8. For WotLK, Fury Warrior (only with Smourne), MM Hunter, and TTW Mage are probably at the topend of the board right now. But that said, Skill>gear.

Ret Paladins were nerfed alot, but are usually capable of top-3. Combat rogue is also doing quite well at BiS, depending on the player.

TTW Mage is usually the highest DPS Mage spec at BiS due to Focus Magic trades, but FFB isn't too far behind. Arcane is good DPS but lacks in long fights or when theres alot of moving involved. It's definitely capable of gimmicky-high dps tricks, such as getting 8 Druid Innervates on BQL and never using Arcane Missiles.

Also, Retail WoW dps charts and Warmane WoW charts are COMPLETELY different due to differences in scaling and minor bugs that affect DPS. Warmane is a stale server that has many BiS characters; Retail WoW is a constant-Progression based game where people often never reach BiS, or don't stay BiS for long before a new expansion comes out.
    Well charts been done with typical full 277 character in each specc in heroic festergut fight probably answers the question pretty well, considering what the question actually was but to specify: you will probably not hit the exact numbers on this chart.
    The minor bugs may be true tho, but the major ones have been fixed already as far as I know so it still probably the closest you will come to an answer.

9. Top of the charts in ICC is usually (all bosses, overall damage done, no trash) MM hunter / fury warr. Overall I would say hunter is more reliable cause of mobility with disengage + range dps utility for orbs on LK / spikes whatever. Mage is ok too but in my circles I don't know any great players.

edit: also dont compare to retail as the meta is different on warmane due to balance bugs. nr. 1 dps on retail during 3.3.5 was combat rogue. nr. 1 dps on single target for tank & spank bosses.

10. Well very good player can top any raid with multiple classes, there is no "best DPS" class in my opinion. Example most of bis hunters are trash meanwhile some good hunters can top 10 of 12 bosses in ICC. And good fury cant lose on dps at LK (talking LK damage, not cleave shiet on ghouls) , only if he face really good ret or mage, who knows what to do. As said couple posts above, skill > "best class".

11. Varies from encounter.

Choose something you enjoy/is high demand. It makes little sense to play Fury Warrior on a realm crowded with them

12. Aside from what was mentioned already, just a little something to keep in mind.

No matter where you raid, or with who you raid, you will never be in a situation where 25 people are BiS AND are playing perfectly. The circumstances in a fight will also rarely be completely ideal.
    Instead you'll mostly play with alts, non-BiS characters, people learning/trying something new, or downright complete plebs.
    The point is, you will have a chance to be "top dps" with any* class you pick, so focus on finding what's fun and enjoyable for you!

*This will be considerably harder if you choose something like Survival Hunter / Frost Mage / Subtlety Rogue etc.
    Edited: December 28, 2017

12 Last