1. Is the gearscore cancer the same on Ally?

Topic... is Gearscore also taking place on Alliance side? It's kinda sad to see something that was a major contributor to the downfall of retail WoW be such a "big" thing on this private server. Never seen it on any other private server, only this one. So... Does it also exist Alliance side, or are you escaping this ******fest ?

2. Saw a group asking for GS to farm BoJ event : )

3. how about you start a kara and invite all the 1800 heroes you want OP

4. There is a BOJ event that will cause people to look at GS, it's the Grinch, and he's hard af

5. easy, ask "what is your function in this boss?" for specific raid mechanics, and youll be able to arrange an awesome group with everyone that answers correctly.

And yes, it is cancer. I use the addon just to keep track of the average qualityofmy gear, but I never whisp my gsto a random raid leader asking 2500 for kara

6. how did you convince yourself that GS is what ruined wow? when so many other things went bad

edit: also the VAST majority of pug groups require inspection upon entrance to raid group. This implies they are looking at your actual gear and not just a number. My mage is 2470 gs and my shaman is 2510 but my mage is much better geared for raiding. raid leaders can tell that stuff from an inspeciton
    Edited: December 26, 2017

7. GS quickly assess the *potential* strength of a character, effectively shortening recruit time for pugs. Everyone can see GS with the addon, and it's the same for everyone, it's a factual information and it's very handy. Inspecting a character can take quite some time even if you know what you're looking for, if you think otherwise you probably never went through the hassle of leading a raid or have limited experience on the matter.

Personally, without GS I would be totally lost and would look for another factual parameter such as average ilvl, which is, surprise, what GS does. When I'm leading a pug I'll ask for GS and then accept everyone 200-300 points higher than the entry level, and inspect anyone under this range looking for PVP gear , cosmetics and blatantly useless gear that might inflate GS and finally gems and enchants. While I don't know what dps every spec is able to pull out at a specific GS, I have a very coherent and intuitive idea about it and I expect at the very least a 85% efficiency for any given GS compared to effective dps, therefore you might aswell get in my raid somehow, but if you're not good enough for the job, you're still going to be kicked, and the last word is mine, not that of a stupid addon.

That said, the raid difficulty on Lordaeron makes it so that you can't disregard one player gear, so the whole thing about GS nazism sounds just silly: you're not gonna kill Saurfang with good intention and knowledge, you actually have to beat the crap out of it, and I don't see how this should be any different on another realm.

Is GS good or evil? Neither, it's a tool.
    Can it be misleading? Sure, if you have no idea what you're doing in the first place.
    Is it bad for WoW? It all depends on how it is used.

8. Gear Score is simply a tool, A hammer can be a great tool for building, it can also Demolish, It's simply a tool that you can use, I know a lot of people that have tons of tools that cant fix anything. They think just because they have the tools that makes them capable to look on you tube and fix anything, I love it when i see how much more work they cause themselves not being able to use the tool effectively . This is basically the same thing as Gear score, The tool itself isn't the issue. however If you have no hammer good luck knocking down the wall... And yes you maybe great at using the tool but if you bring a playschool plastic hammer your not going to go far.

9. I used to hate it myself, but now I see a perfectly valid reason for it on a server with increased XP rate. Nobody wants some fresh 70 with lvl30 rings. GS helps to make sure you have basic Outland greens, suitable to start normals.

10. I used to hate it myself, but now I see a perfectly valid reason for it on a server with increased XP rate. Nobody wants some fresh 70 with lvl30 rings. GS helps to make sure you have basic Outland greens, suitable to start normals.
    Except that people often won't invite you for the high end normals (SV, SL for example) if you have lower than 2k or 2.2k GS, which is WAY higher than you need for them. For Arca, sure I get it, Arca is really hard and you need good gear to do it. But SL, BM or SH? They're piss easy and you can do them in full greens.

11. Except that people often won't invite you for the high end normals (SV, SL for example) if you have lower than 2k or 2.2k GS, which is WAY higher than you need for them. For Arca, sure I get it, Arca is really hard and you need good gear to do it. But SL, BM or SH? They're piss easy and you can do them in full greens.
    Make your own party

12. People who use gs have it small

13. It was the same on retail before gearscore for instances like shadowlabs and Black Morass, just because not everyone asked you for gearscore, does not mean the groups that actually cleared it wouldn't check armory when you whispered them and simply ignore you or say they were full when you asked.

Start your own groups if you don't like it. SV doesn't need that high GS to be honest, healers can handle 1, maybe even 2 enrages on last boss so required dps isn't that high, maybe 300 each never done it with that low dps people so can't say. Once people get the kara fragment which any group can do, they don't have to do it again, so you don't see the undergeared people trying it over and over.

But BM(n) requires an average of around 500 dps which is around 700dps on a dummy and a decently geared tank for wave 12 and 18. Done this instance with low geared people because it's so popular for kara attunement and that trinket and you just can't do it with bad players.

Shadowlab 3rd boss is also a gearcheck but most bad players don't make it past second boss anyway.

14. you just can't do it with bad players.
    And here is the problem with Warmane community. People assume for whatever reason that gear = skill. I did SV normal yesterday as a Fury Warrior with mostly greens and blues (2.2k gs) in a caster group (bear tank so I got 5% crit but I had to apply my own Sunders, and the other DPS were SP and Ele shammy so no WF or any of that ****) and both other DPS had a way higher gs (2.6k and 2.7k iirc). Guess what? I did 780 DPS at the last boss, and that's without recklessness. The Ele shammy did 600ish and the SP was below the tank. There's gs for you.

12 Last