1. destro lock vs ele shaman for pvp

i have relatively high latency (~120-130) so I wanted to roll up another caster. Already have a priest, played mage for 120 days /played on retail so I wanted something fresh, I haven't really played ele or destro at any point and I'm wondering which is the overall superior when it comes to duels/bgs + wpvp.

Disregarding skill caps ofc, I won't have issues mastering either one (I have mained Afflic and Enhance in the past so the fundamentals of the classes are familiar to me)

I just want some outside perspectives on which is funner overall and which one has an easier time vs hard caster match-ups like dk's which seem to infest the server like a plague and are the main reason I don't touch my shadow priest as much nowadays.

I was also considering Hunter, however it seems like it would be a poor choice with high latency given it's all instants; the thing high latency punishes
    Edited: December 27, 2017

2. Destruction is better in duels and 1vsX because it has much better CC. Elemental is only good when you can stand still and free cast in 40v40 or places where you can thunder**** people off cliffs. Overall destruction is the stronger PvP spec. Marksmanship is also very good in duels and the easiest class to top BG score with, less CC than destruction but has a healing debuff and an execute which allows them to kill people through healing with minimal or no CC required.

In terms of latency, I don't think any of these specs are particularly more affected, they all have a bunch of abilities that require good timing but it's not rogue level.
    Edited: December 27, 2017

3. Dlock has more viable sources but ele is somewhat easier to play if you know how to kite.
    However dlock possess higher skill cap and can open incredible burst should you have double dps pve trinkets.

In before 20k dmg in 3 sec.

4. i was leaning towards destruction from the start but i just wanted to make sure there wasn't some grand spectrum of reasons as to why I don't see very many of them. Like how rogues are so uncommon because there's so many paladins and plate wearers in general, or that there was something game breakingly bugged with them. Guess people are just nabs

5. I've done both a lot in pvp. The lock has more survival and cc and can much more easily win 1v1. The shaman will outburst the lock hands down, and just flat out more damage output. The shaman has **** survival with none of the teleport, soul link, healthstones, deathcoil, fears etc. You only have Tstorm and its on a decent cd and every melee class will just instantly come back on you so its no use there, and 100% usless versus casters. You do have earthbind but honestly its more of a utility than to help avoid damage. Having said that, you can off heal which can be clutch in a group fight and your purge is great in shutting down healers as well as windshear. So in the end, if you plan on playing mostly solo go for the lock. If you are in a good group with heals, either is fine and the shaman brings some nice utility and prob the best burst. Plus chain lighting hitting like a truck on entire groups every couple of seconds is just so awesome. And yes, as others have said, the lock has a higher skill cap. You can do some crazy stuff once you master it. The damage is great, pretty good survival and you dont need much assistance. But if its just raw burst, damage, and group utility, then go shaman.

6. Both are fun in bg's. But when u find yourself in 1v1 or duels as ele sham you will lose most of the time. Meanwhile lock can win 1v2-3, and its not that rare either.

7. Ele shaman can be good in strict 1v1 duels in arena-type with line of sight. But lock.. is lock incredible burst and epic cc.

8. As long as there is a pillar, a ele shami with frostbrand imdue is the best 1v1 spec ingame. I see this everytime when they have these 1v1 tournaments on blackrock. Ele even beats UH DK and Spriest with this pillar humping tactic.
    Edited: January 17, 2018

9. There is no way Destro lock loses to Ele shaman pillar or not,.
    Good warlock will stomp all your totems with pet,getcha with shadowfury>fear>coe>corr>imm>refear>incinerate>con flag>silence>chaosbolt>shadowburn>rocket gloves>conflag again of cd>gg

10. Nah. Ele will lose to sp and udk even with pillar hump. Might buy more time only.

11. I was also considering Hunter, however it seems like it would be a poor choice with high latency given it's all instants; the thing high latency punishes
    Hunt is a good choose for duels, bg or arena. Idk how it looks wtih ur latency.

Marksmanship is also very good in duels and the easiest class to top BG score with, less CC than destruction but has a healing debuff and an execute which allows them to kill people through healing with minimal or no CC required.
    This is a true, that hunt have less cc, but he have some traps, tricks etc. If u combine them resonable u will own a lot of people.