1. How are shamans compared to druids For solo/casual play?

Hi everyone. I'm fighting between this two classes for casual/solo play. I read druids are good at it but i'm interested in shamans too due to their mail wearing and shield but i can't find anything about them for solo. How are they compared to druids?

2. Honestly, for solo play the biggest difference is going to be that a Shaman can't tank.

Both healing subclasses are great.
    Both melee dps subclasses are more complicated to play than others (though feral druid dps does considerably more damage).
    Both ranged dps subclasses are easy to play, but shaman is a bit easier.

Druids don't tend to have much competition for gear -especially if playing Resto.
    Shaman will generally fight with Paladins and hunters for gear early on, and even to some extent in ICC.

3. If you mean old dungeon/raids solo, i used to solo vanila dungeons and raids (whatever i could take down) with my enhancement shaman. Its a fun challenge, i used a mixture of pvp and pve gear + a pvp spec for most boss fights. A ****load of consumables and alot of fails. I bed druids, paladins, and death knights can do better than i did. (Im talking about wotlk.)