1. Sacred Shield

Trying to tank dungeons on any class and hardly any HPalas use Sacred Shield. Why not?

They even treat it like a chore if I've asked, then they let it drop off and I have to ask another 10x.

I wouldn't mind, but I like to do fast runs and it would be 100x easier if they just used it.

2. Because people are bad.
    You can see holypaladins in 25m raids spamming heals on their beacon of light target.

3. due to the fast progression of the realm, new players don't have enough time to get familiar with their class
    even players with bis gear and lod make terrible mistakes
    also a big chunk of old decent players quit the game, so a high percentage of playerbase consists of just casual players

4. due to the fast progression of the realm, new players don't have enough time to get familiar with their class
    even players with bis gear and lod make terrible mistakes
    also a big chunk of old decent players quit the game, so a high percentage of playerbase consists of just casual players
    Casual != bad.

5. I'm not calling anyone bad btw. I just wanted to know why. It's players with about 5.5k gs that outright refuse to use it. I've had to ask for a straight 5 minutes before.

It is a late talent and some people may have come from previous expansions or later ones where it wasn't necessary to constantly keep it up. It's just frustrating when I have to ask.

6. Probably about the same reason Hunters like to tell me their pet doesn't have a taunt ability when I tell them to turn it off. (Retail experience)

7. Not to mention Righteous Fury and Frost Presence. ^^

Ah well. Guess people need to start somewhere.

8. They even treat it like a chore if I've asked, then they let it drop off and I have to ask another 10x.

I wouldn't mind, but I like to do fast runs and it would be 100x easier if they just used it.
    It's players with about 5.5k gs that outright refuse to use it. I've had to ask for a straight 5 minutes before.
    If you're trying to do fast runs you might wanna focus on doing mass pulls rather than arguing the benefits of sacred shield for 5 minutes. If they are at 5.5k GS they can probably keep you alive without putting in much effort.
    Edited: January 1, 2018

9. Paladins are typically the lowest skilled players you will meet. The worst thing is that most of the time they think the opposite.

10. If you're trying to do fast runs you might wanna focus on doing mass pulls rather than arguing the benefits of sacred shield for 5 minutes. If they are at 5.5k GS they can probably keep you alive without putting in much effort.
    Yeah, but I'm not always on my prot pala with sacred up, so I actually take damage.

It only benefits them. If I take less damage they can focus on AoE healing.

11. Paladins are typically the lowest skilled players you will meet. The worst thing is that most of the time they think the opposite.
    That is the stereotype, but far from accurate. All classes have their fair share of bad players, including the ones who think they are the opposite. Anyone who has played this game long enough will understand that very well.

12. so I actually take damage.
    so you are either have no gear or do something wrong yourself. geared druid and DK are able to heal themselfs most of the time.
    When i play with prot war (4,8k gs) i prefer a geared ret or shadow priest as heal.

It only benefits them. If I take less damage they can focus on AoE healing.
    As long as you are not a paper tank, a 5,5k gs healer has nothing to do. With my geared druid i "heal" in owl spec, doing dmg and throwing in a hot once in a while. Even with my 3,7k GS shaman i mostly do dmg if a geared tank is present.

If someone does not play his geared char to the fullest in rdf, it is because they do not need to.

13. I’ve been maining Hpala for quite some time now.

The moment I reached 5k(ish) Gs it just got boring.

Throwing a Holy light once in a while doing some dps wasn’t really making it better.

So now a days I just ask the tank if they have a viable dps spec to make rdf a bit more interesting for me.

I even done HoR Hc without a tank. (was lucky with a geared group tho)

Besides all of that I always use Sacred Shield and Baecon on the tank.

I linked them in my healbot so I just simply refresh the buff when I see a red countdown in my healbot.

The Hpala’s that don’t use it are either, Very lazy or just uninterested in their class. (Don’t want to say it; but intelligence might also take part in this case). (:

14. The moment I reached 5k(ish) Gs it just got boring.
    So maybe other Hpalas don't use sacred shield because it adds to boredom?

123 Last