1. SS is useless in PVE.
    read tooltip.

1x HL is already an overkill.

not to mention, in pve its 30sec long duration because of talents and that small of an absorb isnt worth using it.

edit: also, if you need SS for 5man dungeon tanking, maybe you shouldnt tank at all, or just need to obtain more gear, dont be paper and nice post delete going on.

so much pc, its disgusting.
    Edited: January 3, 2018

2. Paladins are typically the lowest skilled players you will meet. The worst thing is that most of the time they think the opposite.
    Well i would change your mind really fast, if we had some interaction. Paladins are best class imo, thats why most people hates it, because they made a mistake choosing other class hehehe :)) Can self heal, op dmg, a lot of defensive cds. Dont be jealous because you die of dots you cant clean hehe. Not the case with paladins ;)

3. Paladins are best class imo, thats why most people hates it, because they made a mistake choosing other class hehehe :))
    PvE wise Pala is not the best class. People hate ret pala in PvP because it is very easy or the most easiest class to pvp with. Even a noob pala can burst, easily killing other noobs. No doubt it takes a lot more to master pala, but there are a lot who simply choose pala because it is easy to play decent while other classes need a lot more. Thats why a lot of those rets are only a snack if they fail to kill you with their two buttons.

4. so you are either have no gear or do something wrong yourself. geared druid and DK are able to heal themselfs most of the time.
    When i play with prot war (4,8k gs) i prefer a geared ret or shadow priest as heal.

As long as you are not a paper tank, a 5,5k gs healer has nothing to do. With my geared druid i "heal" in owl spec, doing dmg and throwing in a hot once in a while. Even with my 3,7k GS shaman i mostly do dmg if a geared tank is present.

If someone does not play his geared char to the fullest in rdf, it is because they do not need to.
    Welp my Prot Pala tank takes 10x less damage than any of my other tanks with almost 1k less gearscore, they're naturally more tanky and having one of the best shields in-game helps a lot.

As for your second point. The healer has everything to do with it. I'm not talking about killing 1 mob at a time so that my 3.7k Rsham can do damage, I'm talking about going at a fast pace and AoEing down big packs. It's my job to stay on top of aggro of all of those mobs and rotate cooldowns, it's their job to keep the party up.

5. PvE wise Pala is not the best class. People hate ret pala in PvP because it is very easy or the most easiest class to pvp with. Even a noob pala can burst, easily killing other noobs. No doubt it takes a lot more to master pala, but there are a lot who simply choose pala because it is easy to play decent while other classes need a lot more. Thats why a lot of those rets are only a snack if they fail to kill you with their two buttons.
    You have noobs in every class, but you cant judge a class by ******s whos playing it. Real skill on paladin is a lot more then spamming 2 keybinds. Priest whos spamming 2 dots and gg is easy class for you to play? Well i hope you understand what i want to say. When you learn class its a lot more then 2 spells, class doesnt matter.

6. When you learn class its a lot more then 2 spells, class doesnt matter.
    Perhaps I'm a lazy druid, but my bear tanking rotation in retail was pretty much "FFF, Mangle, Maul" for single target, or the vastly different "FFF, Maul, Swipe" for multi-target. Good times.

7. Welp my Prot Pala tank takes 10x less damage than any of my other tanks with almost 1k less gearscore,
    So much wrong... Go try other tank classes for yourself and see that pala is not that superior. geared dks can heal themselfs in any situation, druids heal themselfs in most situations and warrior mitigate dmg by 100% with shield block and spell reflect. Only arguable point in rdf is which tank does most dmg and not their ability to tank.

As for your second point. The healer has everything to do with it. I'm not talking about killing 1 mob at a time so that my 3.7k Rsham can do damage, I'm talking about going at a fast pace and AoEing down big packs. It's my job to stay on top of aggro of all of those mobs and rotate cooldowns, it's their job to keep the party up.
    Even when a tank pulls big groups, there is not realy the need to rotate cds and the healer is still bored as long as the tank knows what he does. If the group is taking dmg, thats mostly not the case, as 3.7k rsham it is enough to use chain heal every few seconds, to heal group and tank. No need to spam heals...

8. SS is useless in PVE.
    read tooltip.
    Ìf you're being serious then I'm simply shocked.

9. Welp my Prot Pala tank takes 10x less damage than any of my other tanks with almost 1k less gearscore, they're naturally more tanky and having one of the best shields in-game helps a lot.
    That comes with a caveat though. A Prot Paladin is indeed very sturdy, but most of their mitigation is passive. Which is why it considered the easiest to learn tank in most situations.

You have noobs in every class, but you cant judge a class by ******s whos playing it. Real skill on paladin is a lot more then spamming 2 keybinds. Priest whos spamming 2 dots and gg is easy class for you to play? Well i hope you understand what i want to say. When you learn class its a lot more then 2 spells, class doesnt matter.
    I could go and wall-of-text on this subject, but a Paladin in generally is (rightfully) treated as "easy to play" because the vast majority of the utilities the class has aren't necessary to be successful at playing the game casually. Skills like Blessing of Sacrifice, for example. Proper usage of those sorts of abilities aren't really necessary to brute-force through normal ICC, but a Paladin who knows how to use these skills and uses them effectively can make life for their group significantly smoother running.

SS is useless in PVE.
    read tooltip.

1x HL is already an overkill.

not to mention, in pve its 30sec long duration because of talents and that small of an absorb isnt worth using it.

edit: also, if you need SS for 5man dungeon tanking, maybe you shouldnt tank at all, or just need to obtain more gear, dont be paper and nice post delete going on.

so much pc, its disgusting.
    It has been a long time since I've seen someone say this. Thank you for the unwanted nostalgia feels.

10. I'm not calling anyone bad btw. I just wanted to know why. It's players with about 5.5k gs that outright refuse to use it. I've had to ask for a straight 5 minutes before.

It is a late talent and some people may have come from previous expansions or later ones where it wasn't necessary to constantly keep it up. It's just frustrating when I have to ask.
    This tendency to somehow think that there's a correlation between gearscore and intelligence annoys me more than anything. Like, their gearscore has nothing to do with their understanding of the game. NOTHING. ZERO.
    Also, i don't know why you make a post to state that some players don't do what their class/spec is supposed to do. It has been like this for FORTEEN years, and it will not change. You have to keep telling paladins to use sacred shield. It's not only paladins. people of all classes can play wrong. You just notice it paladins, because you don't see the sacred shield buff on you.

But really, people are just bad and there's not much you can do except trying to make them aware of what theyre doing wrong.

11. I think it's more that when you go as heal (at least for me) in 5man, after 4k you can make dinner and come apply a heal from time to time. If the heal keeps you alive, do you even care what he does? At least ask about sacred shield in raids, where not everyone is grossly overgearing content. Its like being mad that a disc priest doesn't use a power infusion in a 5man when they have shielded once and can afk.

12. I'd definitely join the hate paladin train, simply because they're terrible at buffing. In a raid they have to be asked to buff and then we wait up to 5 minutes to full buff the raid. In PvP the retnabs hardly ever buff, they'll buff themself then go off and die.

13. And auras. Not to mention the paladins that buff wisdom to someone who has wisdom from a different pala to then buff might just for the sake of might instead of wisdom on a healer. But this is usually the rets, healers have a bit more decency, they want people to survive, just like prot. Ret? IMMA SMASH BUTTON WITH FACE.

14. I'd definitely join the hate paladin train, simply because they're terrible at buffing. In a raid they have to be asked to buff and then we wait up to 5 minutes to full buff the raid. In PvP the retnabs hardly ever buff, they'll buff themself then go off and die.
    I've had people try to get me to use the "pallypower" buffing addon. I tried it once and it confused me. I don't need that sort of addon. I know what my buffs do and my buffs are always on point, including rebuffing people that die and get ressed mid-encounter. There's a few reasons I can imagine people have with using their buffs, but I think it boils down to essentially what I already said in previous posts. You don't *have to* learn the intricacies of the class in order to succeed with it, unfortunately. And that results in laziness and ignorance with buffs, because the only thing that really compels these people to use their buffs or to learn what they do, are the people yelling at them.

15. because the only thing that really compels these people to use their buffs or to learn what they do, are the people yelling at them.
    Most likely these people will ignore it (at best) or start a fight trying to to point out every little mistake the other one did, something like "i do more dmg as you, so i know better" or "do more dmg if you want my buff".
    The amount of people who think that GS is a skill measurement or that they are the best of the best in every class is too damn high.

They mostly dont want someone to point out a mistake or an improvement in their gameplay.

First 123 Last