1. Blood dk dps spec

so how bad is blood dk as dps before icc and with icc normal gear?

2. Point is that blood is a bench spec, you will be invited to raids only if other choice is going 24.

3. it is actually not that bad, you don t bring the buffs for the raid but you are for dps only like the assa rogue, and actually after 100% arp bdk stand up by a lot, saw with my own eyes how a BIS bdk dps beating 2 bis fwars , topping the dps on LK

4. it is actually not that bad, you don t bring the buffs for the raid but you are for dps only like the assa rogue, and actually after 100% arp bdk stand up by a lot, saw with my own eyes how a BIS bdk dps beating 2 bis fwars , topping the dps on LK
    but until 100% arp its trash?

5. under unholy and frost DPS wise for sure, with or without 100% arp.

Sure it works, you can do your part of damage pie, kill bosses. Be the underdog and try prove oldest legend about those "mythical top blood dps"(and fail as every single player ever who tried). Plus there is 0 reason to take you instead of another fury war or combat rogue, etc. Not to mention all the "?????" we need DK for talons or ebon plage - and what do we get? Some barely viable dps that gives nothing.

Raid composition is king.

6. I agree that blood dps is not quite good but why wouldn't they take him in consideration? I would rather take blood dps than a warlock who says he is 6kgs (for the 10th time) and does the minimum dps. Even I as a tank outdps him. Wtf is that about? Every warlock i get in raid does lowest dps of all. Just no, I'd rather take something else.

7. Well, demo will give some 400+ spellpower to your raid with 6k gs. I think low dps could be because no one mains Demo. Overall raid DPs will be higher with Demo, even if he does low.

8. Well, demo will give some 400+ spellpower to your raid with 6k gs. I think low dps could be because no one mains Demo. Overall raid DPs will be higher with Demo, even if he does low.
    it's not just that nobody mains demo it's also people who stay afk after boss starts even tho they click on ready check, they don't do anything, just spam shadowbolt like maniacs, stay in fire and everybody die on marrow 10n even with 6kgs. Pretty good icc experience.

9. I play blood dd on another pserver and can give you some insight:

With arp soft cap your burst dmg is insane campared to your average dps. You start a fight with 10 secs of 35k dps and drop down to around 10k dps. With hard cap, your burst dmg only sligthly improves but your average dps gets better. Let's say around 35k burst dmg and 14k dps on saurfang hc with around 6k gs.

angrylol is right, that most of the time you're only picked as the 25th man because of your useless raidbuff, but despite that it's easy to deal more dmg than frost or unholy dk's with similar gear if you know how to play (as with every class). Overall i would say that blood is a good competitor to frost but gets easely outpeformed by unholy's in multitarget fights. With SM you're better than frost but keep in mind that frost still brings a useful raidbuff to the group.

Blood dk is propably the best spec to lvl and can also be fun at full lvl, but without proper raidbuff it's still a funspec. If you want to try it, I would recommend playing as frost and having blood as second spec. They share most of their gear and you can always switch to frost if a raidlead doesn't pick you.

10. Its always been a meme spec as far as I know. They screenshot the initial burst and act like it was king, but in reality after the burst the dps is very poor.

11. Long-time Blood DPS player here... Lots of good and bad information floating about for the spec.

Let's start with the actual bad aspects of the spec:

-No raid buffs.
    -Only DK spec that requires SM to be competitive.
    -Terrible dps while gearing up -and I mean even with SM dps is terrible until you break 6k GS and you have 90% ARP + 10% from talents.
    -Almost zero dps while moving between targets.
    -BiS is lower dps than BiS Fury warrior which makes it a sub-optimal pick vs getting a second/third Fury.
    -AoE dps is the lowest out of every DK spec.
    -It's the most punishing dps spec in the game. The only way you do good dps is with perfect positioning and perfect rotation.. Mess either of those up and your dps suffers a LOT.
    -And lastly: people don't take you seriously. You're a joke to 99.9% of people until you show them good dps numbers.

Now for the "Good" from the perspective of a BiS DPS BDK:

-Some fights are favorable to the spec. Fights like Marrow, DBS, Rotface, Fester, BQL, VDW, Sindy, and even LK (depending on positioning) can be favorable fights if you play correctly. I'll break down each fight:

Marrow: heart strike cleaves can boost dps a ton on spikes, but you can't afford to run out into Africa to kill a lone spike. Death-strike healing helps a lot on bone-storm.. Engineering is a necessity for rocket-boots to catch Marrow when he spins out in Africa... If you don't have rocket boots your dps will be trash in the instance where he spins far away from you.

DBS: Heart strike cleaves do literally nothing to blood beasts, but they do full damage if used ON a blood beast and the cleave hits Saurfang. IF you have correctly spread diseases onto blood beasts, a heart strike that cleaves to the boss will be higher dps than a death strike... But in the instance where you cannot cleave the boss and still need to kill a blood beast, death strike does full damage regardless of any absence of diseases and should be prioritized to burst the beasts down (but still try to use them only to reset death runes.. so timing is key). If diseases ARE on the beasts and you use 2x death strikes on one (which may be enough to kill it outright, or at least bring it close to death) the second death strike's heal can save your life if the beast targets you, but it's ideal to save a defensive cooldown for when you know you have to damage beasts as well.

Rotface is brain-dead easy. You stand in place and do as much damage as possible and pray you don't have to link up an ooze. Damage numbers can be inflated here by a LOT depending on how ****ty your other melee dps are.. If someone doesn't run out with ooze and it's just sitting there at melee, your heart-strikes will boost dps significantly (but this is just insignificant useless dps so don't stroke yourself or link dps lol).

Fester is Fester.. Don't get hit by malleable and your dps will be respectable. You can skip stacking at least one time because between AMS and death strike healing you can easily survive the burst damage phase.

BQL is another of those brain-dead no-special anything needed fights. lots of ambient damage goes out and your death strikes (and blood worms for that matter) do a pretty decent job of filling in the gaps when healers get overwhelmed. You're less-likely to die than the other DK specs but you will also do the least damage here between the three. Your bite-dps can actually be decent, but only if you SAVE YOUR COOLDOWNS for until AFTER you get the bite. In which case you won't get the bite because your starting-threat will be bad without cooldowns running. Don't even worry about getting the bite lol.

VDW is a great fight for blood. Death strike does full damage without diseases, and you can really burst things down fast because of it. Most things die in 2 death strikes, and you'll be able to spam heart strikes like crazy on suppressors (or rot worms) if you're not playing like an inbred and save your runes for when they come out.

Sindy is another really good fight for blood in my opinion. The air phases let your cooldowns come back so you get multiple burst dps phases. Before phase 3 you can stay-in on blistering and keep dpsing if you pop AMS+icebound fortitude and save one death strike to heal after blistering lands, and phase 3 is where being blood really comes in handy because all your extra self-healing does wonders for relieving healer-stress.

And finally LK.....

LK is a mixed bag for blood. You need good timing with cooldowns to flex those big numbers, but also to be genuinely useful.. You need dancing rune weapon for when valks come out, and you need to save Hysteria for when you don't have DRW, or at least time them so you are more likely to have a CD when valks come than not... You also need to HOLD ON TO your death runes for a few seconds sometimes to ensure you have maximum cleave damage on Valks via heart-strike spam. On transition phases it's important to pop DRW only when the second Raging is out, and for the first transition you need to NOT pop hysteria because as soon as phase 2 starts most raids will pop Heroism and you need hysteria running to do maximum damage to LK.
    Phase 3 is where things fall apart for blood, usually. When LK gets kited across the platform you need to be ON the boss as much as possible otherwise your damage output is at basically 0%.. If you mess up positioning and can't hit LK during the kite, your dps will be bad at the end of the fight -sometimes this won't be your fault because you'll get tanks that just haul across the platform as fast as possible without warning, but with good communication you can maintain your dps.

Anyone saying blood does "bad" dps is wrong.
    The DPS can be fine, but it's not the "best" nor the most useful.

Just digging through my old screenshots I've got some examples:

DBS 25 HC:

Fester 25 HC:

Rotface 25 HC:

LK 25 Normal:

I'm not really one to screenshot every fight, and I actually don't remember why I have these screens as it is lol. I don't have anything else at the moment but if I get back into raiding i'm willing to post more recent screens.

I'm going to clarify: I don't recommend people play blood dps. It's a selfish spec that has few tangible benefits, but I personally find it fun.

Anyways, back to pretending the Corona virus doesn't exist. Enjoy!

12. Long-time Blood DPS player here... Lots of good and bad information floating about for the spec.
    Basically blood can excel in short fights when u dont switch targets but in all other aspects its donkey ****

these are all pugs

13. Basically blood can excel in short fights when u dont switch targets but in all other aspects its donkey ****

these are all pugs

Pretty much. Play it if you want to, but don't expect invites lol.

I HAD a guild that was tolerant of me playing the spec (they disbanded in my last break) but that's definitely not the norm. The one nice thing is that you can share most of your gear with BiS ARP Frost dps which is generally better dps in my experience anyway if raid leaders tell you to eat your own shirt when they see you're blood.

Or you could, you know, have tank offspec.. But you're already choosing to play blood dps so why start using your brain now? Lol!