1. But the PvE gear comes when a tier is still current? I don't follow your logic at all.
    The real answer is that this is all arbitrary. There are no written rules guiding it.
    Uh the word "current" is not the most accurate way of putting it.
    Hyjal has been out for quite some time and many guilds had it cleared in the first weeks. The logic is basically that once a new raid comes, a short while after, a certain amount of the gear from the raid comes on the store.

What this means is that you can expect some BT gear to come on the store once ZA comes and probably all (with perhaps exception of glaives) to come when SWP arrives. A few months after that the SWP gear will come on the store aswell.

2. cata's edge will boost a 1600-1700 warrior to 1900.

3. cata's edge will boost a 1600-1700 warrior to 1900.
    Best BS of the day. With this logic, it means that once rogues can get their glaives on the store they should jump from 1500 to 2400+...

4. Good news for a fellow shadow priests though! There's no weapon for you in a shop update, so no head ache) Cheers! /sarcasm
    Apparently Hammer of Judgement is not cool enough to be added.

5. The real answer is that this is all arbitrary. There are no written rules guiding it.
    Of course there are no set rules or dates as, from the start, we said the releases would depend on how players progressed through the current last tier of content. It is also indeed arbitrary, as the server's Administration is who decides when enough time has passed for something to be considered in a "farming state." The fact still remains that nothing was added to store isn't available in game - and has been so available for months.

6. Thats stupid, If Medivh was 5 times, im sure Medivh would have been the more popular option.
    Not stupid at all. What you're saying with this statement right here is that x1 rates is more of a detriment to you, despite being "blizzlike", than an item shop is. That's an opinion. Everyone has one.

In general, people want to skip the grindy part of the wow, but still maintain reasonable sense of progression.

You can put SOME gear on the gear shop, like trinkets and rings. But putting something like cata's edge in the shop is just asking for trouble. Sure you will make more money in the short term, but you will lose players in the long term.
    We will lose players in the long term? Are you sure? Icecrown serves as evidence that counters your points. Which, by the way, the realm design is a mirror of Icecrown, in case you didn't know.
    Price scheme makes zero sense as well. You could probably charge 10x as much for the Cats edge and make even more money, and the server wouldn't be polluted by so many bought weapons. Cats edge costs less than twice as much as a 2 hander from normal Mana Tombs lol.
    This is ironic considering the tone of various of your previous posts where you imply that the staff is greedy. Now you're suggesting that we should be moreso? If the item is so good, then a price isn't going to deter buyers. The complaints about Shadowmourne on Icecrown is evidence of that.
    So can you explain how it works for PvP items then? There's no content to be farmed to get those so I'm curious how you decide this.
    And here within the last weeks, people were complaining that the PvP gear available in-game should've been delayed because it's supposedly superior to the PvE gear.

7. This is ironic considering the tone of various of your previous posts where you imply that the staff is greedy. Now you're suggesting that we should be moreso? If the item is so good, then a price isn't going to deter buyers. The complaints about Shadowmourne on Icecrown is evidence of that.
    That's not true. My position is that bought gear hurts the server. I never said the staff was greedy. I also think there is little transparency in regards to exactly how the gear is added and when, but that's a smaller issue. I absolutely understand the need for income, but it's effects should be minimized as much as possible. If making shop gear cost 10x as much money, means 10% as many people buying it, but results in the same amount of income for the staff then I'm 1000000% for it without even a second thought. It's the same amount of money keeping the serve profitable, and less ****ters with bought gear polluting the server. It's win/win for everyone.
    Edited: February 20, 2018

8. When you will add hard/hands t6 in store ?

9. That's not true. My position is that bought gear hurts the server. I never said the staff was greedy. I also think there is little transparency in regards to exactly how the gear is added and when, but that's a smaller issue. I absolutely understand the need for income, but it's effects should be minimized as much as possible. If making shop gear cost 10x as much money, means 10% as many people buying it, but results in the same amount of income for the staff then I'm 1000000% for it without even a second thought. It's the same amount of money keeping the serve profitable, and less ****ters with bought gear polluting the server. It's win/win for everyone.
    You're missing one crucial point here. The private server scene is a very competitive environment. If one server increases its prices sharply then that means there are a ton of players willing to buy the same thing but for a lower price, and you can bet other servers will see this and take advantage of it by offering the same reward for a lower price, which in turn attracts more players. Not to mention it is from a business perspective better to have a rather reliable medium income, than a rare high-peak income.
    Like Mercy said, Outland is a mirror of Icecrown and Icecrown is the most successful Wotlk server amongst all private servers, so why change a working concept?

10. You're missing one crucial point here. The private server scene is a very competitive environment. If one server increases its prices sharply then that means there are a ton of players willing to buy the same thing but for a lower price, and you can bet other servers will see this and take advantage of it by offering the same reward for a lower price, which in turn attracts more players. Not to mention it is from a business perspective better to have a rather reliable medium income, than a rare high-peak income.
    Like Mercy said, Outland is a mirror of Icecrown and Icecrown is the most successful Wotlk server amongst all private servers, so why change a working concept?
    What are you talking about? The other TBC cash shop servers are dead.

11. What are you talking about? The other TBC cash shop servers are dead.
    You basically confirmed what I said. Since Warmane does not shoot the prices to the stars, it means that more people can afford to donate/buy, and so the server grows. More numbers attracts more players.

12. You basically confirmed what I said. Since Warmane does not shoot the prices to the stars, it means that more people can afford to donate/buy, and so the server grows. More numbers attracts more players.
    Yea, because that's why players join servers - because of the item shop prices... Do you even read what you type?

If only all the items in the game were free off a vendor. That would be the ultimate high pop server right? Oh wait those exist and nobody plays on them.

13. idk why ppls freak out about shop , it was known even 1-2 months before TBC realm was open that there will be item shop

14. Yea, because that's why players join servers - because of the item shop prices... Do you even read what you type?

If only all the items in the game were free off a vendor. That would be the ultimate high pop server right? Oh wait those exist and nobody plays on them.
    I believe you're the one not reading what you type, or understand what others type.
    Like I said, if one server runs with very high prices then the income per item goes up but the quantity sold goes down.

You are wrong in your reasoning of your second statement, because once again, you forget a crucial part of the problem.
    While players value lower prices, they also value rarity.
    If you make the gear free then the value of the gear is diminished in terms of rarity. If you do the opposite and raise the prices then the value of the gear goes up but the amount sold goes down as players do not find the new cost to much the gains from rarity.
    The two must balance eachother, and here's the punchline: Icecrown does this very well. Outland copies Icecrown. People have an incentive to donate but players also got an incentive to raid for the gear normally. Not to mention they do not release the gear immediately, but rather months after the content has been cleared.

First ... 816171819 Last