1. Is Resilience Working As Intended?

Just wondering if resilience working as intended, it seems vs certain class my 1.1k resil don't provide much reduction, and recently learned from some pvp folks that retpala and arcane mage dmg ignore resilience. I can't seem to find any report on the bug tracker so seek you guys opinion on this matter.
    Edited: January 2, 2018

2. They fixed Corpse Explosion ignoring resilience just recently. No doubt there's still abilities that ignore resilience.

But, you really can't go without resilience. You will get quite literally 2-3 shot.

There's also question of scaling. For example no matter how much you stack resil vs warriors. Deep Wounds does their main hand damage, and is not affected by crit damage reduction portition.

Warlocks crit 12k on 1.3k resilience. Even if you go maximum resilience you can take easily ~10k crits. But if you go low resil you just get 2 shot (I've got 16k crits on people on my alt warlock).

3. I'm glad you brought this up. For some reason Paladin's seem to do insane damage even on people who are resilience capped. It would definitely be worth looking into. I'm sure there are more classes and spells that ignore resilience. I'm also inclined to think that Hunters may have a few of those spells/abilities as they tear through resilience capped toons as well. I guess we need some people to do some testing. I haven't seen many Arcane mages to tell what's going on with them. Warlocks have always been known to do high damage on resi capped toons, that's not new, thats retail-like.

4. Resil works fine. Imo its because 95% of people are fully BIS hc pve off sets (belt wrist etc) shadowmournes.. all that goodness that it feels like resil doesnt work