1. How to keybind Target's target?

On live WoW I'm used to having a keybind for targeting my targets target. However I can't seem to find it available for keybinding anywhere here. Was that not possible back in TBC or am I missing something?

2. I just started playing here, and haven't played retail since wrath, so grain of salt, but I believe

#showtooltip Spellname
    /cast [target=targettarget, exists] Spellname

is basically what you are asking for. I don't believe this will change your target, unless your a pally sometimes, and then you might need to use a target=lasttarget command at the end or something.

What class are you? What spell are you trying to cast?
    Are you targeting a tank and wanting to cast on his target, or targeting a mob and wanting to cast on their target?

You could also get a UI like xperl or something that has a target of target frame and use a mouseover macro. Hope some of this helps.

3. I just started playing here, and haven't played retail since wrath, so grain of salt, but I believe

#showtooltip Spellname
    /cast [target=targettarget, exists] Spellname

is basically what you are asking for. I don't believe this will change your target, unless your a pally sometimes, and then you might need to use a target=lasttarget command at the end or something.

What class are you? What spell are you trying to cast?
    Are you targeting a tank and wanting to cast on his target, or targeting a mob and wanting to cast on their target?

You could also get a UI like xperl or something that has a target of target frame and use a mouseover macro. Hope some of this helps.
    I am a mage and basically want a keybind for targeting my tanks target in dungeons and such.

4. i think it might just be

/target targettarget

5. that works for me

you could also do

/target Tank'sName
    /target targettarget

and just double tap it everytime you want to check your targeting, though you would have to edit that based on tank's name

edit just tried it, and it works for me on a single click
    Edited: January 3, 2018 Reason: tested

6. that works for me

you could also do

/target Tank'sName
    /target targettarget

and just double tap it everytime you want to check your targeting, though you would have to edit that based on tank's name

edit just tried it, and it works for me on a single click
    Cool, thanks. Will try it out.

7. On live WoW I'm used to having a keybind for targeting my targets target. However I can't seem to find it available for keybinding anywhere here. Was that not possible back in TBC or am I missing something?
    Are you asking for assist? The default key is F unless you bound something to that key already.

8. Yes, he is. And there is an Assist Target Keybinding, and it is F by default. (I feel dumb)

or you can save yourself some clicks and make a macro

/assist TankName

Sorry my brain is full of malted hops and bong resin. XD

9. In the raids, I always have the Thank in Focus frame with Tank's Target frame shown (thanks to Xperl).
    I can just "Click" on that Tank's "Target" frame and voila'!!

Having a Macro just for this takes up an important space in Macros and action bar. Being a mage, I believe you should have all the "Critical" spells on your keybinds and should be clicking on the spells that you don't use that frequently in combat.

Besides, having to Edit the macro every time (i.e. you don't get same tank every raid do you?) is simply exhausting.

10. Are you asking for assist? The default key is F unless you bound something to that key already.
    I think one of my addons might have messed that up. Nothing happens when I press F and I can't find where exactly to bind it.