1. Personally, I really really like the squish. It ensures that prices stay more or less the same and won't gradually increase over time. It makes gold you get from quests / selling junk / drops more valuable, which also happens to be the majority of new player's gold. Also, players with little money are particularly unaffected by this. So if you were relatively poor prior to the squish, you've just become much less poor than you were before.

Say you had 1k g, another guy has 30k, difference was 29k. Post squish, you're at 500 and they are at 15k, the difference now only 14.5K. You can farm 500g from doing quests at level 80 in 2 hours easily, effectively doubling your money.

2. that's exactly my point, medness. what do we do it all for then. and the money is not doubled, it's being halved!

you're reasoning is not quite correct. If I had 500 gold, and I spent 2 hours farming another 500, and then one of those portions were getting lost, then i worked 2 hours for nothing.

3. Warmane’s mission is to keep their servers as close to blizzlike as they can..
    Primordial Saronite before gold squish was the same price as Retail 3.3.+, Now it's not blizzlike... gold wise speaking.
    Point system, Buying characters, selling gold for coins, buying gear from points, Transmogging, Custom events, Christmas events... This whole Blizzlike debate thats never stops.
    If you could make the game "better" then what blizzard did, why not, if players also supports it, it would only bring a positive change to the game, and it has.

For example, if blizzard thought of the Transmog system before cata, do you belive they still woulden't implement it?

4. Personally, I really really like the squish. It ensures that prices stay more or less the same and won't gradually increase over time. It makes gold you get from quests / selling junk / drops more valuable, which also happens to be the majority of new player's gold. Also, players with little money are particularly unaffected by this. So if you were relatively poor prior to the squish, you've just become much less poor than you were before.

Say you had 1k g, another guy has 30k, difference was 29k. Post squish, you're at 500 and they are at 15k, the difference now only 14.5K. You can farm 500g from doing quests at level 80 in 2 hours easily, effectively doubling your money.
    It doesn't work like that in practice.
    Rich people just stack up TON of mats pre-squish and hoard them into banks, so they dictate the price after squish, cause they have a monopoly.

All this squish does is **** up new players who barely gathered enough gold to buy epic flying, but their gold got cut off at 3500 so they lost all the hard earned gold, and to get it back, it will set them back few weeks.

5. Primordial Saronite before gold squish was the same price as Retail 3.3.+, Now it's not blizzlike... gold wise speaking.
    Point system, Buying characters, selling gold for coins, buying gear from points, Transmogging, Custom events, Christmas events... This whole Blizzlike debate thats never stops.
    If you could make the game "better" then what blizzard did, why not, if players also supports it, it would only bring a positive change to the game, and it has.

For example, if blizzard thought of the Transmog system before cata, do you belive they still woulden't implement it?
    Not sure if you play Icecrown or Lordaeron, I don't know the prices on Icecrown.
    But on Lordaeron, primordials before the squish went for 2-3k.
    Now they are around 1.2k
    When I played retail, primo price was 500.

But anyway, prices have NOTHING to do with being blizzlike or not. It's all about supply and demand.
    If many players are doing ICC 25 and ICC 10 HC on daily basis, there would be A LOT of primordials in the realm, so normally prices would be lower.
    If barely anyone sells primordials, prices would be high.
    That's all.

6. I see making gold as a part of the game. Not to sell it or do anything illegal, but still it is part of the experience. Unfortunately this policy takes some of my fun away, so thanIks, but no thanks. I removed the program from my computer.

Take care.
    LOL This is true for us auction house resellers. At first I thought I could still make a fraction of my earnings but the oversupply makes it almost impossible to beat the market. Now I'm earning a mere 10 percent of my previous earnings (note that there was mass demand two weeks before the squish).

Anyway, there's always a bright spot and that is the increase in player activity. Yes, activity from players, not exactly population. For once after many months, everyone now can actually afford mats to level their professions. While I'm having trouble to fund my guild, they are actually leveling faster with the fairer economy.

7. Let me explain, let's say you can earn 1k gold x day and 500g come from quests/raid/ecc and 500g comes from profs (and by profs i mean any source of gold made by let other players pay for it). This means that both method of earning golds are good and in a situation like this price on ah are close to the amount you earn x day.
    In simple words in this situation you won't see items overpriced.

In the other hand if u let inflation do his course you have the amount of golds earned by the 1st source always the same but u gain from profs a huge amount of golds (especially from gathering profs), this leads gold seller to abuse the sistem and farming with bots farming like hell (becouse it worth it). So they earn more and more and you are forced to buy their golds becouse you have no other sources of earning since quests/dungeon/raids give you only a little amount of golds and u find few mats with your profs that also many people can't afford without buying gold from theese people.
    Totally makes sense. I agree with you and in this situation it was a good decision. :)

8. The gold squish would have been good if the bot problem was solved.
    Doing a gold squish while 20% of the realm population are farm bots, was not the best idea. Now it will take only a few weeks until the farm bots inflated the economy to the same level like before the squish.
    Also, the chinese gold seller business will boom now because everybody is in need of gold after the squish
    Edited: January 19, 2018

9. Hey, I just know that the parts I lack to make my bike are sold by a npc, and those aren't getting cheaper, so thanks for nothing warmane.

First 12