1. Gold reducing,

I started playing in Lordaeron few weeks ago. While I've been leveling I've been working my *** off (lots of mining/skinning and all kinds of trading) to be able to afford epic flying skill when I ding 80. So when I log in today I see half of my gold gone (which wasn't too much already). Then I come here and read the announcement about the gold squish.

So the main argument is that it reduces the amount of gold sellers and makes the economy more balanced. But during my stay here (And I have played A LOT during this few weeks) I haven't seen a single gold seller or got a single whisper from them like in retail or vanilla servers. Secondly I've been using a lot of AH like I mentioned before and everything seems balanced to me.

So please someone explain why this really had to be done on THIS server? I don't mind losing the gold so much because I know I can get it back, but before I commit myself more to this project I want some answers, because this seems kinda radical and unnecessary to me in this situation.

But yeah enlighten me please. :)

2. So it seems you can buy gold with coins you get when you donate to Warmane. That explains it. They just want more money.

Back to the retail. Cya guys!

3. If you're like that because of the gold squish then you wouldn't be able to handle Lordaeron in future levels.
    Have fun in retail.

4. My problem was how exceptionally poorly this was communicated. Started plating here (continued) after a large break in october. I check the main page from time to time but really didn't check older news because that's not really relevant

So this morning the gold squish is quite surprise for my lvl 62main, why not highlight it, like week before?
    Or broadcast messages like with the christmas events

Apearantly halving the gold isn't as bad as handing over free badges in the Christmas event as if this were a fun server

I'll live through it but this was extremely frustrating - the poor communication

Giving this additional thought this stimulates gold sellers, I could think like of 3 ways how to lose about only 10% of the gold instead of half. I imagine gold sellers are that smart as well (as they are making actual money with it). So probably they have about the same amount of gold, either gold prices go up or demand rises, either way they win.

For future, to have an actual effect no warning should be given but you end up with **** ton of angry people

5. This was poorly communicated?
    75 days before the gold squish you could read it on warmanes front page, a post was made on the forums,
    dozens of threads were opened by community members, it was ingame topic number one.
    You took a large break in october, so you had november and december to inform yourself. If you spend 1 minute every 2 months to only read the headlines on warmanes front page you are well informed about upcoming changes. This is not to much to ask.
    Edited: January 5, 2018

6. That's extremely ignorant to think that everyone visits forum

About news, why should I bother searching for old news, do you? Do you check legit (not wow) news from month ago?

Nust adding additional post on front page days before would do a lot

Never saw any conversations about this on any chat

They have such tools available, to broadcast, to send ingame mail or use e-mails adresses but instead they don't. Not really cool for such a large server.

7. If you're like that because of the gold squish then you wouldn't be able to handle Lordaeron in future levels.
    Have fun in retail.
    Like what? Looking for answer for something that doesn't seem to make any sense at all?

As I said in my previous post the problem for me is not losing the gold. The problem is that admins of the project make decisions like this and their arguments doesn't seem to be relevant and are kinda fishy. It makes you wonder as a new player here if you really want to commit your free time to a place which doesn't seem to be very trustworthy.

You seem to be such an intelligent and experienced guy so maybe you can EXPLAIN me (instead of showing off your ego) why this in necessary in this current state of the server?
    Edited: January 5, 2018 Reason: grammar

8. So warmane, after letting us all know 2 months in advance has to make extra broadcasts for those people that don't care to read up once in a while?
    But you are right, i don't bother to look for old news, just like you do, i spend a few minutes every 2 months to inform myself by reading the few headlines i have missed, and i,m up to speed again.Its extremely ignorant to think that everyone visits the forums? I know that most people don,t care reading the forums, but that is no excuse for them to say " i did not know that" or "what has happened?" People are spending loads of time on warmane servers, is it so much to ask to familiarize yourself with the forum and server rules and read a bit of text once in a while?

p.s. On january 25th there is a inactivity cleanup of names, I don't know how many threads, starting at that date will be opened by people that will complain that their perfect character name now is taken and requesting or demanding their name back.

9. Partrik0211 maybe you could answer to my question?

10. Partrik0211 maybe you could answer to my question?
    Sure i can, you want to know why admins make this decisions ? Why this is necessary in this current state of the server?
    I can only answer to this that i am not an admin and you have to ask them, I defended in previous posts the way warmane lets us know what is going to happen loads of time in advance, I did not defend the gold squish and why warmane decided to halve our gold.

11. For me this thread is closed now because we are circling and we could chat about this all day long.

12. Sure i can, you want to know why admins make this decisions ? Why this is necessary in this current state of the server?
    I can only answer to this that i am not an admin and you have to ask them, I defended in previous posts the way warmane lets us know what is going to happen loads of time in advance, I did not defend the gold squish and why warmane decided to halve our gold.
    Yeah I know you weren't talking to me, but I just wanted to ask you because you have been here longer than me and maybe know these things better. But anyway thanks for your reply.

13. So warmane, after letting us all know 2 months in advance has to make extra broadcasts for those people that don't care to read up once in a while?
    But you are right, i don't bother to look for old news, just like you do, i spend a few minutes every 2 months to inform myself by reading the few headlines i have missed, and i,m up to speed again.Its extremely ignorant to think that everyone visits the forums? I know that most people don,t care reading the forums, but that is no excuse for them to say " i did not know that" or "what has happened?" People are spending loads of time on warmane servers, is it so much to ask to familiarize yourself with the forum and server rules and read a bit of text once in a while?

p.s. On january 25th there is a inactivity cleanup of names, I don't know how many threads, starting at that date will be opened by people that will complain that their perfect character name now is taken and requesting or demanding their name back.

No, dude, that doesn't make any sense.

If I had seen a message: "Gold reduction on 05.01.2018, visit warmane.com for more details" I would have gone to check it out.
    That is so dumb to say that you should have read this old post. I (and most people) have better things to do than browse forums for random knowledge.
    If there's an ad on the tv it it shown only once? Cause that's how many times it needs to be shown for everyone to see it? That's just lame excuse.

I can agree that the original post was timelegy posted but still in such poor quality.

The reason as to battle the gold sellers is something, but the bike mounts, it doesn't lose value cause mats didn't lose value. All the gold preserved, might take a bit while to get the gold back though. And minor gold loses expected.

14. The initial login script for the clients has a message "Visit www.warmane.com for latest news & events" in your chatbox.

15. Are you trolling? Did you read previous comments?

As I said this was poorly communicated, players had no reason to check the news and most don't check it at all.

Simple broadcast messages few days before would have been nice.

The other problem is the reasoning, it can easily be avoided by gold sellers (like buy mechano hogs - they don't change value)

In the result players are ****ed and gold sellers remain at the same postion.

Newest players gets ****ed the most.

This seems so porrly thought through as if a single person made the decision.

12 Last