1. At least he didn't say you're "taking their jobs."
    Lol ^

Still interested in an approx time for the BT release.

And to the Medivh players coming over, I just want to say with open arms, welcome to Outland!

2. I'll start by saying you guys are awesome. I have been on this server for several years and enjoy inviting my friends to play. I enjoy playing several hours a day and several days a week. You have amazing content and complete experiences without the buggy experience I have seen in the past on other private servers.

To the point:
    Icecrown is too overpopulated, but yet you take a populated 5x server and merge it with a dead 1x server? That doesn't make sense, as the people specifically joined the 1x server for blizz-like pre-nerfed leveling experience. Also the people who obtained their 1x items are now pissed that they will now be joining players whom have had a 4x advantage the whole time they played on a post-nerfed release.

I'm sure there are good things about this, as your interest in the communities desires, as the community at some point doesn't know much as a whole, and have many different tastes. The point of having many servers with different rates and expansions is to suit many players tastes and moods alike. That being said, if they choose to create a toon on a dead server that's their choice and cross to bear, Helmer here.

You take that option from people by forcing merge. You most likely just didn't admit you were planning on closing the server and provided a tool so players wouldn't lose their toons... This is starting to look like bad politics on a non-governmental level since the gold squish. So you give players a chance to actually do something with their gold so they can still use the gold they obtained illegitimately? Nice, I wasn't affected by it, I went and bought a bunch of mounts and bought items to resell on the AH after, which is why it was a horrible idea how it was executed. I probably lost about 20 gold, whoopee...

TL/DR
    Just do the best job you can in keeping your server running, bug free, with as much rich content, variety and exploit patching you can, and everything will be fine. Within the past year and a half, I've contemplated just quitting WoW altogether due to all these inconsistencies.

3. Why release it at sunday and not when reset actually happens ? Wednesday?
    What's the matter? You are not gonna be saved for BT before Saturday.

4. Icecrown is too overpopulated, but yet you take a populated 5x server and merge it with a dead 1x server?
    Those things are completely unrelated. We didn't "merge the hardware" or anything that could influence Icecrown in any way. This is a population merge, the population of Medivh is being moved to Outland.

That doesn't make sense, as the people specifically joined the 1x server for blizz-like pre-nerfed leveling experience. Also the people who obtained their 1x items are now pissed that they will now be joining players whom have had a 4x advantage the whole time they played on a post-nerfed release.

I'm sure there are good things about this, as your interest in the communities desires, as the community at some point doesn't know much as a whole, and have many different tastes. The point of having many servers with different rates and expansions is to suit many players tastes and moods alike. That being said, if they choose to create a toon on a dead server that's their choice and cross to bear, Helmer here.

You take that option from people by forcing merge. You most likely just didn't admit you were planning on closing the server and provided a tool so players wouldn't lose their toons... This is starting to look like bad politics on a non-governmental level since the gold squish. So you give players a chance to actually do something with their gold so they can still use the gold they obtained illegitimately? Nice, I wasn't affected by it, I went and bought a bunch of mounts and bought items to resell on the AH after, which is why it was a horrible idea how it was executed. I probably lost about 20 gold, whoopee...
    Hosting servers has costs. We were in a situation where we had a "welfare" server that was majorly maintained from donations made for other servers, that was of the same expansion as another server, that had this other server not reaching its player cap, and that had too small (and decreasing) player interest, with many of the remaining players wanting this merge as well. It gets to a point where it's simply not worth keeping it, no matter how much you want to talk about "different tastes" and how "unfair" it is that we won't pay for hosting two servers of the same expansion just to cater to a tiny minority.

5. Dunno why people look so surprised,it was bound to happen.
    Server was basically dead drag for warmane,its like having 100 ton fridge x2 one is nearly full,other one has 2 packs of milk.
    Both cost 1000 usd to maintain.,while users drink milk for free...

6. If you gona do that then merge the other realms like Blackrock, Neltarion, Frostwolf, or just "kill" them.
    They to have low population around about 2000-2500 players.
    For me it`s pointles to have servers that are low populated and have no maintains/support, you just need to "kill" those realms and focus on the other realms.
    And atleast raise the player cap on Icecrown, it is qute a paine to have to wait 1000+ ppl to play for 1 hour go to the WC to pee and come back to find that you got DC and fuc*ing wait another 500-1000 ppl so you can re-enter the game.
    P.S for those ho say just go donate so you don`t have to wait i can say this: NO JOB= NO MONEY=CAN`T DONATE

7. If you gona do that then merge the other realms like Blackrock, Neltarion, Frostwolf, or just "kill" them.
    Blackrock is a tournament realm. Neltharion and Frostwolf are the only realms of their own expansions. There isn't any equivalent between them and Medivh's specific situation.

8. According to the devlog the plan was to implement cross realm bgs on TBC. Also it was stated that cross realm development went in its final phase.

Is the cross realm development abandoned now?

9. Hi. I was hoping to get some clarity on the merge please. Will the merge transfer all characters that have been created on Medivh level 70 down to 1 and will that include their banks and inventories? I've read the transfer info and I noticed a level 20 minimum. Essentially I need to get all gbank items to my characters banks and inventories but I need to know if I have to transfer all that over or if it will be merged with my lowbie characters. Thank you.

10. So our characters aren't being merged collectively as a server , we have to transfer them, is that correct? Open transfers are not to get a head start on the merge, they are the merge?

11. Hi, will s2 pvp be added on the marketplace as well? thank you.

12. So tell me if i'm reading this right, Outland will have an injection of all the mats/gold ever farmed on Medivh. This is "gold squish part 2" , instead of cutting gold in half you are doubling the supply. Does no one know simple economics?

13. With the release of Black Temple, will you remove the attunement requirements for Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep: The Eye? In retail the attunement requiered for these raids got removed about 1 month after the release of Black Temple

Source:

Timeline: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Timeli...d_of_Warcraft)
    Attunement guide TBC: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Instan...rning_Crusade)

"As of June 19, 2007 - Serpentshrine Cavern no longer requires attunement"
    "As of June 19, 2007 - The Eye no longer requires attunement."

14. So tell me if i'm reading this right, Outland will have an injection of all the mats/gold ever farmed on Medivh. This is "gold squish part 2" , instead of cutting gold in half you are doubling the supply. Does no one know simple economics?
    Maybe we don't. Can you explain how do you figure that 300 players (plus however many might come back) - who were affected by the gold cut and are coming from x1 rates - are going to "double the supply of gold and materials" of a server with 11000-12000 players and higher rates?

15. supply/demand

So tell me if i'm reading this right, Outland will have an injection of all the mats/gold ever farmed on Medivh. This is "gold squish part 2" , instead of cutting gold in half you are doubling the supply. Does no one know simple economics?
    Adding 300-400 players will slightly raise the supply of items.

Adding 300-400 players will slightly raise the demand of items

Supply vs Demand is simple economics.

First ... 34567 ... Last