1. Yes, people are often slow to account for the Defile placer's position, but that's exactly why it's beneficial to increase the efficiency with which the Defilee is able to drop an appropriate Defile. The better he's able to do it, the less your raid needs to worry about everyone else moving out of the way. Nitro Boosts are like the second best tool to get that job done, next to things like Blink and a well-timed Disengage.
    You tunnel vision dps, you only realise about the defile at the point you get it (a lot of people dont get it until they placed it). Your raid is a chaos raid where people spread in all directions.
    You have to:
    - scan your surrounding and find the best spot
    - get out of your key rota and press a button that is at worst, far away from your hot spot keys
    - run through (your position sucks as result of missing defile cd) half of your raid to the spot where less people are
    you might be able to place it at best for the outgoing situation and now have to pray everyone gets out quick enough

I totaly believe that you are able to save a half failed defile with nitro, but a lot of people dont. Everyone who are clueless where to run, never prepare for a incoming defile or only get it after fail placed it, are hardly able to save it with nitro. I simply saw too many failed defiles or necrotic that believe that everyone is able to save a fail with nitro.
    Those who already know what to do, improve a lot by nitro, alowing them to dps longer, get back quicker, or place a defile at the most saves place.

2. engi as fury, hmmm. not really feeling it tbh everyone.

3. I wouldn't go too deep into this, but here's my reasons of chosing BS over ENG.

1) Engineering is close to useless compared to raw Resilience provided by Blacksmithing. (You can't use Nitro Boots on Arenas)

2) I saw my DPS increase, after replacing ENG with BS. ( This was on old core but I think it really stands true up to this day ) (Talking about static DPS)

3) Did some maths. You gain 340 Haste rating over 12 seconds with a minute cooldown. That means you're getting 1/5 uptime on it. 340/5 = 68 average haste rating. ( I know lining up the proc with a trinket(s) proc(s) will give you a significant DPS boost, but that also means you have to delay your Hyperspeed Accelerators) But at the same time you lose 44(48 with 10% atck power buff) attack power granted by a default gloves enchant. Now, 40 raw Strength that you gain from BS converts to 116 attack power(when fully buffed), this means that you're trading (48+116) 164 attack power for 68 Haste rating.
    By no means is Haste an unwanted stat, especially when BiS. But I simply prefer 164 attack power over 68 haste rating.
    Edited: February 12, 2018

4. In terms of stat weights, ~68 haste rating is virtually neck and neck with the +40 str and + 44 ap you'd have otherwise.

My stat weights from Landsoul's spreadsheet; most BiS Warriors' shouldn't be too different from this. Note that these already account for every raid buff:
    Str: 1
    Haste: 0.88
    AP: 0.38

Engineering also has the +24 crit on boots going for it. The only enchants you'd have on it otherwise are +6 Agi and 8% movement speed (whatever that enchant was called), or Icewalker. If you use Icewalker, you're already losing some DPS by divesting your char of the movement speed improvement, so there's that too. Then we also have the various bombs and other gadgets.

At BiS, Eng has enough going for it in the way of raw DPS such that even if you disregarded the utility of Nitro Boots and rejected that the on-use +340 haste enchant was actually any better than the static stat alternatives, it would still be close enough to BS, if not outright better. While gearing up, things are a lot different, because BS gives you access to +40 Arp through the extra 2 gem slots. However, a BiS warrior overflowing in RS 25hc gear and tonnes of Arp will find that less enticing.

I assume the PVP concerns are valid enough.

5. 3) Did some maths. You gain 340 Haste rating over 12 seconds with a minute cooldown. That means you're getting 1/5 uptime on it. 340/5 = 68 average haste rating. ( I know lining up the proc with a trinket(s) proc(s) will give you a significant DPS boost, but that also means you have to delay your Hyperspeed Accelerators) But at the same time you lose 44(48 with 10% atck power buff) attack power granted by a default gloves enchant. Now, 40 raw Strength that you gain from BS converts to 116 attack power(when fully buffed), this means that you're trading (48+116) 164 attack power for 68 Haste rating.
    By no means is Haste an unwanted stat, especially when BiS. But I simply prefer 164 attack power over 68 haste rating.
    This might be true for a static fight where do not even need to move once, but for every fight where you have to switch targets (LK valkyr, Prof adds, BPC, marrow), have to move a lot that limit your time to dps (sindy phase2, BPC) a stronger burst with haste is more usefull than a handfull more overall dps.

have not done the math, but a single more cleave on valkyr due to haste gloves should easily outdps that tiny BS improvement.

First 12