1. I won't even quote your nonsense because obviously you left Neltharion very long ago or barely play 5 minutes per day which is pretty much close to not playing at all.

Server not worth playing? and why? because no population? that's exactly what I said ; if you think it's not worth to play because other people don't play so you just follow them, well it's your problem.

old bugs that break the game? which ones? major bugs have been fixed (of course there will always be something to improve but that's normal for every server) and the game works well. Maybe if you were an active player, you would know.

20 people with 5 multiboxers? obviously you've never been playing during the day. No one needs 12k population to run 1 battleground.

content is dead? it has been the best 4.3.4 private server you could find around for YEARS. Now there might be one that offers a better script but I don't know and I won't talk about it since I don't play there (see, you could do the same thing : don't talk about what you don't know). The game has been enjoyable 3 years ago ; why would it suddenly be so bad? Things have been fixed. Try it yourself.

This is a too long answer for such an ignorant comment on this thread. I hope you'll know your facts next time.
    Dontcha put my name under words i havent said ! I havent' said that server is not worth playing, i havent said that population is the problem.

Yeah i stoped playing on warmane for about 2 years ago. And stoped playing WOW after coming back to bliz servers for a month. WOW died for me. i've done vanilla TBC WOTLK Cata. Cata was the best one Because it Did not make me ride a freaking horse when i could fly and It had transmog. Finaly people could spend LESS time on getting from place to place and doing other stuff that ( plus some other things ) Excactly why catas' content is DEAD. You spend less time on doing quests, less time on everything. Man. I leveld a DK tank in like 8-12 hours Got gear from AH for gold i made from quests and went RDF, in 2 hours i went RDF HC, in 4 more hours i had enough ilvl to go RHOT, 8 more hours of farming and i had enough items to go Off Tank first 3-4 bosses in DS, you call that NORMAL ?

I remember the day when they started doing fixes. It was those days when Most of people from Cata went back to WOTLK servers Or abandoned the game. It was like " OH LOOK, WE Opened ICC... but... only two bosses work.... but... ITS ICC MAN ! " . and community was like " maaaan noone cares maaaan. you have WOTLK working better than anything else you had "
    Do you call Current state of Fire mage Working as intended ? oh man. The most useless class in game because of what ? Because Warmane had to screw it up so people could not solo Alyz no more.
    Affli lock working as it should ?
    Rhyolith working as intended ?
    may be Neltarion FINALY SPAWNS ?
    Most of pvpers left cuz some classes were broke OP or broke and weak.
    Most of Pveers left cuz they finished everything possible and have nothing else to do.
    Meeeh i can go on and on. I would not even bother checking because i am shure that these two classes are screwed up the same way they were 2 years ago.
    I've been there when online was at 6K and, i've been there when online went down to 800 people, i've been there during the whole Hermes drama, I've been there since 2011.

Meeeh too much words already been said.

2. It is much like SilverKnight said. (The OP's post in this thread being just ******ed).

I was there when Nelth went from like a real server to what it is now. It was like, a perfect storm.

Quite a bit had been either broken or incomplete on Nelth for a long time. Then, the Wrath servers came out, and most of the people left. The raiding guilds just vanished, everything. My own guild's GM pretty much up and disappeared along with most of its officers.

It was around that time that they started putting some dev work into Nelth. But relative to the timing of what was going on with the other expac servers, it was kinda too late + not enough. They put a lot of work into Hyjal and then Deepholm and the server had not yet had time to really benefit from that and draw people in. And at the same time, Vashj'ir was still a wreck when you consider the whole zone :( . Also: class problems to contend with (mentioning one disappointing one for me: having to live with hunters' perennially low DPS in raid, you can see the problem in a straightforward sense when comparing to the WOL from retail Cata - it's like a broad AP issue or something) .

I think that if Nelth had been fully scripted and perfect for a long-ish while before all those new server releases had happened, there may have been enough cata-enthusiasts entrenched on the server for it to have survived that and maintain a player base. But what happened was that it was kinda the least complete server and had been that way for quite some time, and one thing led to another.

I think there might be the possibility that Nelth could recover and, over time, build back up to be something like what it was, BUT, it would require that the development time be put into it such that it would be rendered as perfect a Cata emulation as the Outland server is to BC. The fixes would have to be first, and then, it could start to attract players over time. I don't think it will be the other way around.

Or on the other hand, it could be left exactly the way it is :/ . That way at least there is something there.

PS: Did they really gold squish Neltharion again? If they did, that's the opposite of what that server needed.

3. PS: Did they really gold squish Neltharion again? If they did, that's the opposite of what that server needed.
    Yes they did. Really sucks because it's almost impossible to make gold, auction houses are almost empty.

4. Yes they did. Really sucks because it's almost impossible to make gold, auction houses are almost empty.
    Yepp, that was a big **** you to the player base

5. Today officially everything is dead on neltharion ............................ cant yall do any advertising or put it on those top 100 private servers something cuz theres no other cataclysm server that works better.... and this one is litterly dead only guilds go up and do some raiding .... no pvp 0 totally non 5v6 8v7 bgs rare 10v10 15v15 still bgs are boring arenas are funn though...

6. Well i wanna play Cata, rly love that exp (played till Moltdown), but ill try only new realm (if ever happens). Like Kabela says, its rly boring almost everything on Neltharion (****ty BGs, gold disballance, few raiding guilds with bored ppl...). Also i noticed that no1 from staff members answering here, i dont think that they even read Nelth forum at all... Guys, its almost 2 years of dying Neltharion but nothing happens, and worst thing is that nothing will happen EVER!!! They just left Nelth beside, and no1 cares... They wont shut it down coz 200-300 old donor players which they respect for the old days only... Maybe new realm will be answer with option for old Nelth plaers to transfer 1 or 2 chars, without gold (or just a few thousand)...

7. I see everyone crying here thinking that warmane devs can bring players to the realm. Well, they fcking cant! You got friends bring them to cata, even if it isn't the best cata realm within the private servers it's surely in the top 10% quality wise. So buck up and get friends to join cata.
    As for blaming the staff for not looking at it, they did look at it even while it is sucking them of their resources with no income and yet they keep it online. Its the community which brings more people not the other way around.

8. Well i wanna play Cata, rly love that exp (played till Moltdown), but ill try only new realm (if ever happens). Like Kabela says, its rly boring almost everything on Neltharion (****ty BGs, gold disballance, few raiding guilds with bored ppl...). Also i noticed that no1 from staff members answering here, i dont think that they even read Nelth forum at all... Guys, its almost 2 years of dying Neltharion but nothing happens, and worst thing is that nothing will happen EVER!!! They just left Nelth beside, and no1 cares...
    "and no1 cares..." Thats it but not like you see it. Many people who play wow privat servers, like vanilla, tbc or wotlk but not the later expansions. With Cata there was a big gap in the player base, many old players dislike the way that wow was going with cata and quit. Cata fan base is simply much much smaller than for the old world.

No changes will make people magically like Cata. There is not realy much for warmane to do to make Cata more popular. A server wipe would bring fresh players for a time, but do not expect wotlk population.

9. "and no1 cares..." Thats it but not like you see it. Many people who play wow privat servers, like vanilla, tbc or wotlk but not the later expansions. With Cata there was a big gap in the player base, many old players dislike the way that wow was going with cata and quit. Cata fan base is simply much much smaller than for the old world.

No changes will make people magically like Cata. There is not realy much for warmane to do to make Cata more popular. A server wipe would bring fresh players for a time, but do not expect wotlk population.
    Back during the molten days the MoP and Cata realms were just as or even more popular than the WotLK realms, lack of dev attention and advertising are to blame (maybe advertising on the private server lists did help to boost later expansion realms population? (especially those looking to play wow for free as when you google something like 'World of Warcraft free servers' the private server lists are the first results) as most of Wrath & TBC population have just come from word of mouth for those that like pre cata expansions.). Once outland is fully progressed and cross realm pvp is implemented to WoTLK then maybe we will see some dev attention coming back to the later expansions.
    Edited: March 12, 2018

10. Back during the molten days the MoP and Cata realms were just as or even more popular than the WotLK realms,
    At this time Retail Cata was life or shortly after. Player base had not only the player who want to go back to old expansions, but those who wanted a free version of wow.
    After 2012 player base of cata went back continuously, at a time were molten had 3 cata servers running and most dev attention of all. It was not a support problem, just not enough player who want to go back to cata. Molten once had a look in the future policy which saw cata and mop as focus target but not woltk. Even with the most dev attantion of the 3, cata player went back while woltk was and is still growing.

Molten/warmane history itself showed that you can put as much effort as you want in cata but you can not solve the most serios problem, the lack of players willing to play.

11. -- Kick Toxic PPL
    #triggered the post.
    Go to tumblr for your safe space if you need even 1% the coddling your post cries for.
    Quick question, do you leave your room? What do you do if someone triggers you?
    Edited: March 13, 2018

12. Well of course. Most people love Wrath because Wrath has the easiest dungeons and raids out of any expansion in WoW.
    It only got significantly easier after WOTLK...

13. Nelth is dead. Get over it. One thing that impress me is why they are keeping it up since being around 300 pop since long time. but well this is warmane decision notmine. To me would be better shut it down and get over it.

14. Bla Bla Bla. Neltharion is dead for years. End of story.

15. Well cata is sadly being ignored for almost a year by the developers. Reseting the realm will make everyone who has invested much time and effort into their chars to quit the game ( and possibly their life). Cuz the only people who still play are the ones with geared chars from the times the server was full of ppl. Merging was an idea but ppl rejected it. Gearing at endgame ( from the pvp side ) is abysmal because you enter a bg with green/blue gear vs a team with full cata gear and you become their punching bag ( also sub rogues are the reason why the holocaust happened). So yea many fundamental things are still not going well with the server and i think until they are resolved no new player will step his foot here for more than a day and no old timer will return to play again.

First ... 23456 Last