1. Reseting the realm will make everyone who has invested much time and effort into their chars to quit the game ( and possibly their life). .
    Cata on Molten had 3 full realms over 10 k+ population, these days are still playing 200-300 people, so if you do your math you will see that 97% quit the server . 4.0.6 and 4.2 were good expansions and people had a lot of fun playing on molten and on blizz as well, 4.3.4 is a another story, it has been voted one of the worst expansion in the history of wow . I think is a mistake to associate molten cata with warmane cata , because molten priority was cata, warmane priority is wowtlk. From the start, warmane abandoned cata ,no content and fixes was released anymore and this is why people left
    warmane priority: wowtlk >burning crusades>panda
    Edited: March 21, 2018

2. Cata on Molten had 3 full realms over 10 k+ population... molten priority was cata, warmane priority is wowtlk. From the start, warmane abandoned cata ,no content and fixes was released anymore and this is why people left
    Thats why people want their coins back. How were we supposed to know in 2015 that warmane would not care about cata in the future.

This was cata in 2015. This is also why I donated. I was expecting cata to have as much players as on Molten
    Edited: March 21, 2018

3. Thats why people want their coins back. How were we supposed to know in 2015 that warmane would not care about cata in the future.

This was cata in 2015. This is also why I donated. I was expecting cata to have as much players as on Molten
    Warmane did give people back their coins, i donated for around 50 coins while on moltdown and got 80 coins from warmane as refund. The offer just had a time limit.

4. Warmane did give people back their coins, i donated for around 50 coins while on moltdown and got 80 coins from warmane as refund. The offer just had a time limit.
    I'm not talking about the moltdown coins. I mean that players who spent coins on Neltharion want their coins back because it wasn't worth it in the end.

5. I'm not talking about the moltdown coins. I mean that players who spent coins on Neltharion want their coins back because it wasn't worth it in the end.
    thats like eating half a pizza and asking for a refund, no private server can last forever ... all private servers eventually die

6. thats like eating half a pizza and asking for a refund, no private server can last forever ... all private servers eventually die
    If you knew from the start that no one from the stuff gonna care about cata server meaning no content and no fixes gonna be available, would you still invest time and money in it ? this cata server is more and more like a dying man in a coma in a hospital lying in bed plugged on all kind of machines waiting for a miracle to happen . Just refund x% of the coins and pull the plug already ! R.I.P
    Edited: March 22, 2018

7. thats like eating half a pizza and asking for a refund, no private server can last forever ... all private servers eventually die
    But Neltharion is like a pizza without cheese.

8. You can't just buy a game, finish it and asking for a refund because you don't want to play it anymore. It's YOUR own choice to stop playing here or not. It's not like the game is broken or doesn't work at all ; it has been like that for many years and has worked fine all these years. If YOU decided to leave the realm, then you have toa ssume the consequences. You spent your coins on Neltharion, it is your job to be sure they're still worth something. No one forces anyone to stop playing.

9. I don't even want my coins back, personally I just want them to completely shut down the server as it is honestly just kind of embarrassing now.

Just kill it off so we can all be forced into worm I

Sincerely someone who has donated for over 6000 coins. (As oppose to the previous post regarding coins from someone who refuses to donate himself and instead begs people for them.)

10. this cata server is more and more like a dying man in a coma in a hospital lying in bed plugged on all kind of machines waiting for a miracle to happen . Just refund x% of the coins and pull the plug already ! R.I.P
    This is true.

11. You can't just buy a game, finish it and asking for a refund because you don't want to play it anymore. It's YOUR own choice to stop playing here or not. It's not like the game is broken or doesn't work at all ; it has been like that for many years and has worked fine all these years. If YOU decided to leave the realm, then you have toa ssume the consequences. You spent your coins on Neltharion, it is your job to be sure they're still worth something. No one forces anyone to stop playing.
    I disagree. I think this would be a valid point if there was continuous upkeep or updates on the realm, but claiming that it works fine and it is a finished game is false and you know this. Not all dungeons or bosses work completely, several bugs still exist, and class changes are still needed. I agree that you assume consequences after spending coins, but I believe no one would spend coins for Characters on Neltharion if they

1) Knew the server would be neglected this badly, and
    2) Population decline would practically fall into double digits even during peak play time.

As much as I would like people to play on Neltharion, this is a bleak future that no one envisioned on a Warmane server. I've said this before, but while the staff does not control who plays on what expansion, their updates and fixes influence playability and desire to play on realms. People donate on Warmane to have fun. The current state of affairs prevents this on Neltharion and nothing is being done to remedy the situation (This is the main contention people have: neglect). If effort is put in to fixing the issues on Neltharion, then we would have less of a right to complain and demand changes, but even then, this is not what anyone, staff and players included, envisioned and that's a problem.

Just refund x% of the coins and pull the plug already ! R.I.P
    This is actually brilliant. Some percentage of coins spent on the server would ease a lot of frustration for what is an otherwise unplayable server, and can be used to explore other expansions in the Warmane ecosystem. It might be tricky for Warmane to navigate because then players might feel entitled to say they've lost "purchased goods" if some coins are lost.

I don't know if they have an automated refund system in place, but allowing individuals to refund gear that was purchased with coins (whether that's the full amount paid for the item, or a percentage, the decision is now placed on the player, which absolves Warmane of any trouble claiming they "stole" gear or coins from individuals). I think this idea has a lot of merit and potential. The only downside is how long it would take if it was manually done, but this sounds like a much better alternative to shutting down the server, as it allows people to still play here if they choose, and those who are upset at the current state can take some of their coins elsewhere.
    Edited: March 23, 2018

12. I disagree. I think this would be a valid point if there was continuous upkeep or updates on the realm, but claiming that it works fine and it is a finished game is false and you know this. Not all dungeons or bosses work completely, several bugs still exist, and class changes are still needed. I agree that you assume consequences after spending coins, but I believe no one would spend coins for Characters on Neltharion if they

1) Knew the server would be neglected this badly, and
    2) Population decline would practically fall into double digits even during peak play time.

As much as I would like people to play on Neltharion, this is a bleak future that no one envisioned on a Warmane server. I've said this before, but while the staff does not control who plays on what expansion, their updates and fixes influence playability and desire to play on realms. People donate on Warmane to have fun. The current state of affairs prevents this on Neltharion and nothing is being done to remedy the situation (This is the main contention people have: neglect). If effort is put in to fixing the issues on Neltharion, then we would have less of a right to complain and demand changes, but even then, this is not what anyone, staff and players included, envisioned and that's a problem.

This is actually brilliant. Some percentage of coins spent on the server would ease a lot of frustration for what is an otherwise unplayable server, and can be used to explore other expansions in the Warmane ecosystem. It might be tricky for Warmane to navigate because then players might feel entitled to say they've lost "purchased goods" if some coins are lost.

I don't know if they have an automated refund system in place, but allowing individuals to refund gear that was purchased with coins (whether that's the full amount paid for the item, or a percentage, the decision is now placed on the player, which absolves Warmane of any trouble claiming they "stole" gear or coins from individuals). I think this idea has a lot of merit and potential. The only downside is how long it would take if it was manually done, but this sounds like a much better alternative to shutting down the server, as it allows people to still play here if they choose, and those who are upset at the current state can take some of their coins elsewhere.
    You've literally just stated the obvious fact here. When people "donated" (If you donate to anywhere else would you expect a refund of any type?) they did so at the time of the game and the status of population/dev support. Nobody can see the future, from the players perspective a lot of things are broken and the population is low. From Warmane's perspective the main factor is that the population is low, so why would they continue to support a realm that was rapidly decreasing in population whilst there WAS support and updates, albeit not often.

Reading through some of these comments and people asking for refunds is laughable. You don't go out and buy Fifa 18 or the latest CoD to play it for a year then when the new one is released ask for a partial refund. You are paying for something at your own risk and that is before the fact that you are actually donating anyway.

If you don't like the low population then don't be part of it, it's as simple as that. No miracles are going to happen - it's the end. Stick with it or don't, just stop complaining, it's getting boring now.
    Edited: March 24, 2018

13. You've literally just stated the obvious fact here. When people "donated" (If you donate to anywhere else would you expect a refund of any type?) they did so at the time of the game and the status of population/dev support. Nobody can see the future, from the players perspective a lot of things are broken and the population is low. From Warmane's perspective the main factor is that the population is low, so why would they continue to support a realm that was rapidly decreasing in population whilst there WAS support and updates, albeit not often.

Reading through some of these comments and people asking for refunds is laughable. You don't go out and buy Fifa 18 or the latest CoD to play it for a year then when the new one is released ask for a partial refund. You are paying for something at your own risk and that is before the fact that you are actually donating anyway.
    1) I take it you're either very new to the realm or very misinformed. Not one bit of what you stated was the reason for Neltharion's collapse. The fact that you think you can equate "donating" on Warmane with donating in other scenarios is ridiculous.

2) What's laughable is you're comparing an expansion on a private server that isn't remotely reminiscent of a completed product, to FIFA '18 or a COD game that I can pick up for $60 on launch day, resell it for a good portion of what I paid for it literally 5 minutes after purchase if I wanted to.

14. Anyway, comparing Neltharion to a game you can buy is not even equal because you actually don't even buy anything on Neltharion : you DONATE money and, because Warmane is nice, they give you some coins that you can use. You are not buying those coins, you are only donating then rewarded with coins. Even though most of you don't consider it this way, that's how it is and that's how it is described when you donate. You used your coins, bought items or mounts or whatever, used those as well and had fun with it. Not having fun anymore is not a reason to ask for a refund.

You all used to play here in the last year, you all enjoyed the game in a way or another. The game didn't suddenly all got broken. We got extremely few fixes (and now we don't, but that's not the point) and most major bugs were fixed as well. Of course there are still minor bugs, but you can't say that Neltharion was better back then. You decided to stop playing or to wait for others to play and you mostly all kept waiting for others without even trying the game. Most of you left the game for another private server or on another realm and that was your own choice.

You could enjoy the game back then, why can't you now? Because you don't get updates or because the population is low? Blaming Warmane for your own fault isn't a good way to ask for a refund anyway. If you think the population is low, then log in and that's going to be +1. And if everyone does the same, guess what? You're right : it's going to be exactly like back then when you donated, except with more things fixed.

But, well, if you prefer to just come on forums and pointlessly argue without even logging, then maybe you are your own problem.

15. 1) I take it you're either very new to the realm or very misinformed.

Been at Warmane since day one and at Molten for 2+ years. I've been through the good times and the bad. Neltharion has only declined in population since it was released due to a number of circumstances.

1) The fact that you think you can equate "donating" on Warmane with donating in other scenarios is ridiculous.
    Really not understanding what you're trying to say here. A donation is you willingly giving away something with no promise of anything in return, how does it differ from any other scenario? Just because Warmane give you coins doesn't change the fact that you have made a donation.

1) 2) What's laughable is you're comparing an expansion on a private server that isn't remotely reminiscent of a completed product, to FIFA '18 or a COD game that I can pick up for $60 on launch day, resell it for a good portion of what I paid for it literally 5 minutes after purchase if I wanted to.
    This is in no way a comparison to those 2 specific games. Every game ever made will always depreciate eventually, some faster than others bla bla bla. I am going to assume the majority of people who donated did so back in 2015 to early 2016 when the realm was still populated-ish, people did so then as they wanted to, they got the use out of items they may have received but now because the realm has rapidly decreased in population they want something in return?

You state it yourself, you can buy a game for 60$ and 5 minutes after return it for a fairly decent amount back, but what about 1 year or 2 years and beyond that.

Anyway, comparing Neltharion to a game you can buy is not even equal because you actually don't even buy anything on Neltharion : you DONATE money and, because Warmane is nice, they give you some coins that you can use. You are not buying those coins, you are only donating then rewarded with coins. Even though most of you don't consider it this way, that's how it is and that's how it is described when you donate. You used your coins, bought items or mounts or whatever, used those as well and had fun with it. Not having fun anymore is not a reason to ask for a refund.
    I couldn't agree more. The comparison to games was just an example that games decrease in population all the time and you wouldn't go asking for money in return because of this.

You could enjoy the game back then, why can't you now? Because you don't get updates or because the population is low? Blaming Warmane for your own fault isn't a good way to ask for a refund anyway. If you think the population is low, then log in and that's going to be +1. And if everyone does the same, guess what? You're right : it's going to be exactly like back then when you donated, except with more things fixed.

But, well, if you prefer to just come on forums and pointlessly argue without even logging, then maybe you are your own problem.
    For me, the game is just as enjoyable now as it has always been. PvP isn't too broken barring a few class issues. I have actually been playing BG's a lot with you recently and admittedly more often than not each BG is extremely one sided however it's still common to have a good, decently matched 10v10.

It sounds simple to get the population back but it really isn't that easy. It's the same regular players that are online, the only hope would be for old players to return but even that is far fetched with the release of TBC realms and the popularity of WotLK.

I know Nelth is no longer supported but I would love for them to possibly implement cross-faction BGs like how they do on Blackrock.

First ... 3456 Last