1. Outland or Icecrown for PvP?

Hi guys,

I would to ask where is better to play for PvP?
    Tbc on outland or wotlk on icecrown?

Thanks in advance

2. I've played both and i honestly reckon outland is much better. All arena brackets are active on outland and theres much less scripters and wintraders atm.

3. I like TBC's PVP more than WOTLK's PVP but I might be biased.

For WOTLK, there's a Blackrock realm where you can go instant 80 and get gear etc. to jump right into PVP scene. So that you can try and if it's not satisfying, come to TBC.

4. TBC is quite unbalanced, several specs are next to useless or are lacking important abilities. Shaman doesn't have hex and shadow priest doesn't have dispersion as examples. So basically compare those two to a mage who has ice block and polymorph. And of course casters run out of mana much much quicker than wotlk
    Edited: January 10, 2018

5. TBC is quite unbalanced, several specs are next to useless or are lacking important abilities. Shaman doesn't have hex and shadow priest doesn't have dispersion as examples. So basically compare those two to a mage who has ice block and polymorph. And of course casters run out of mana much much quicker than wotlk
    S1, S2 and parts of S3 are unbalanced. Once S4 hits the balance will be good. Every spec will work for certain things and there are many gear and talent combos to play around with.

6. S1, S2 and parts of S3 are unbalanced. Once S4 hits the balance will be good. Every spec will work for certain things and there are many gear and talent combos to play around with.
    I hope u are right about s4. I'm a bit concerned of how the class balance gonna be when highend PvE gear is available. Especially how warr and rog will perform in that gear.

7. War's and Rogue's are going to be the same. They scale great with gear... and I can't wait to go up against warglaive rogues.

8. To answer your question Jakkre, this is from my experience how things will turn out for each class in S4 in terms of PvP.

Rogues will always be good and one of the 3 most potent 1v1 classes. The downside is that any spec other than subtlety is useless. Shadowstep, Cheat Death etc are pretty much must have talents, the other specs will turn you into a warrior without intercept.

Warriors in terms of arena will be very potent, but useless for 1v1 and in BGs you will go insane as casters blasts you down in a few spells while you go /AFK reading the newspaper when you in BiS gear hit platers/bears for 300-350 damage per swing with a 2h. Without a pocket healer your life will be a misery, and even with one you will barely see much action due to a ton of CC being thrown your way.

Mages will take over the PvP scene with haste gear. In arena they will be very viable, they are awesome for BGs and will give any other fighter a good run for the money in terms of 1v1. All of the 3 mage specs are more than viable, with pure fire being the weakest.

Druids will be OP. As resto you will pretty much never die. As feral you will slaughter 98% of all specs in 1v1. As boomkin you will get a boatload of hate with wrath spam in BGs. Any of the 3 specs are more than viable.

Warlocks will continue to be strong. Pure affi and SL/SLs only weak spot is shadow resistance gear. Destruction will be very deadly with access to SWP haste gear. They will be viable for arenas, BGs and 1v1.

Shamans will see a shift. Enhancement will be kicked out and elemental brought in as they benefit tremendously from haste gear. While the enhancement shamans will be in a warrior's shoes, you will do very low melee damage as the armor rates go up and you will run dry fast if you try to avoid being kited. Resto will be even more viable than it is currently as its mana regeneration increases.

Priests will not change much. Shadow will continue to be strong, as will discipline. Both specs will be viable for arena, BGs and 1v1. Both specs will benefit a lot from spell haste. Holy is somewhat meh, but can be fun to troll around with.

Hunters won't change much either. PvE gear will boost the damage, but at the cost of less health and resilience. Players must decide if they want to run with PvP or PvE gear. They are viable for arenas, BGs and 1v1.

Paladins will be viable in terms of holy, but you will need the PvE haste to keep up. Retribution and protection are sadly next to useless due to high armor values, lack of spell damage and catch-up spells.

I hope this shed some light on your questions.

9. Well, thanks for the detailed post.
    I can atleast correct u when it comes to ele shami. Suprisingly the highest rated ele shamis didn't use any haste gear in s4.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200807201.../rankings/5v5/
    Its weird that they didnt use it when u consider that the spec is hard casting so much and purge would also benefit from lower GCD.
    Anyway thats another topic...

What I'm concerned of is the arena balance in s4 when highend PvE items are available.
    Think of a rog with blades of Azzinoth or a Warr with brutal gladi set and highend PvE offparts.
    Arena on Wotlk would be more balanced w/o highend pve gear from ICC/RS 25 hc.
    Maybe the same problem will exist on TBC. Especially when all BiS items become avaiable in the store.

10. Well, thanks for the detailed post.
    I can atleast correct u when it comes to ele shami. Suprisingly the highest rated ele shamis didn't use any haste gear in s4.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200807201.../rankings/5v5/
    Something that's not (or less) viable in 2v2 can get highly viable in 3v3 and (especially) 5v5 simply because of bigger composition and possibilities.

As far as I know, 2.4.3 (S4) was the most balanced Patch for PVP. Top rated Rogues with full Brutal (S4) gear were still using Badge of Justice Leg Item simply because of "better stats".

PVP gear is there to help you survive and stay alive longer in fights and adding PVE items in it is just a boost to your "offense" at the cost of PVP survivability. In TBC (2.4.3), if you compare the high end PVP gear with high end PVE gear, you'll notice that PVP gear offers a-lot of Stamina but PVE gear offers much lesser stamina (but very high damage).

Therefore, in the PVP scene for TBC (2.4.3), there can never be a case that a person got top rated using more PVE gear and less PVP gear but the same cannot be said for WOTLK.