1. Is ddosing a real thing ?

Hey guys , my issue is as the following says.
    I was doing 3v3 arenas with some mates for fun , as we are not playing seriously at the moment. My latency is staying on 46 constantly everytime, even when the server is itself is lagging ,because it's not from me , the latence itself is not changing ( staying 46) Everyday , everynight , my latency is 46. There is occasional situations where i have like 80-100 , but it's quite rare...So we won 4 fights in a row vs some comp that i cant really remember names , like Disc priest , mage and rogue. And suddenly when i logged the next arena versus them , my latency suddenly went to 2500 and froze on 2500. Which was quite interesting , also when i played vs other teams i didnt have lag , but when again i joined versus them again i had 2500 frozen latency that i could barely move ? I am not saying they are ddosing me as i am not aware of what this thing is , that's why i am asking if this is actually possible , since i dont know how i got this lagg only versus them , and it's jumping all the way to 2500 sitting there to the end of the arena with me barely able to move in this lagg.

2. The server was really unstable yesterday, probably something to do with the spectre/meltdown patch. DDOS is a thing, but it doesn't work in a way you can target a particular arena player that way.

3. Yes it is real, I mean some people are able to do that, not needed to mention names lol. But as far as I know, they can't ddos you just from your ingame character, they need your IP and then they spam your IP address with trash requests that overload your connection and cause the latency. Again, as far as I know, they can get you IP from skype, or similar programs (maybe teamspeak idk), but if you are a "random" and you didn't share your ip with anyone I would say it was just bad luck, this kind of stuff is done usually at top ranks when sniping or dodging. Just to be sure, next time try to change ip before joining arena, and close ever program like skype and similar. Not an expert but this is all I know about this issue. Probably these kiddies have other ways to ddos you, other than grabbin IP from skype, but according to my limited knowledge changing the ip and close every program should be ok. Greetings.

4. Well i was speaking with my guys on the skype , I dont know if they got my IP from there and so on.I dont quite understaned this things.. Thank you for the answear will try next time with changing with fake proxy if i think someone is ddosing me again just for the try.Greetings to you too, have a nice day fella :)

5. Sounds like someone has a welfare ddos if anything.