1. Strongest dueling class

I wonder after so many years 3.3.5a patch is out, are Dk's still the strongest dueling class? Equal skill and gear, which class wins in overall win % vs every other viable dueling class.

2. A properly played retribution paladin who has bauble and LoS at his disposal, almost every duel event in my recent memory was won by such a ret. Next best is a properly played Frost Mage.

Just my opinion

Saewelo
    Frost mage, ferals.

4. Frost mage,DK,Afflic warlock and shadow priest

5. Dk is not , and will never be the best dueling class.It's one of the easiest heroes to play that's why a mediocer noob , can actually beat really easy other mediocre noob , however if both people know what they are doing , DK is almost always loosing , as he is the easiest class to counter and i will even tell you how you can counter every DK in duel.
    1st Unh DK major burst is from gargoyl as most of you are "underestimating" his dmg , he is doing more than the dk himself just so you know.So the whole thing is to fear , shackle, or even kill it it's 20k hp pet with no defensive cds and no resilience. With this you erase more than 50-60 procent of the death knights damage.
    2nd Unh DK vs paladin , the most ez battle ever , as the paladin is going for the garg dmg in 1 hand shield + heal libram almsot immortal , waiting for the gargoil to fade then the DK is easy kill , and no dont tell me DK is unkillable with death strike , as if we spam death strike , we dont do damage ,as our main dmg is SS and Death Coils. While palas heals solely from art of war procs , while demolishing with divine storm and CS + judgements.
    3rd Most of you dont even know that you can stun the DK in his ANTI-MAGIC SHELL , so use it.
    4.Unh DK is anti caster hero and ez kill caster as far the easiest kill is spriest , but a good spriest if he times the gargoyl summon and silence you he can free shackle your gargoil leading you to almost destroying your burst with not even going in dispersion.As for frost mage , using ice block , spam rank 1 frostbolt , novas , pet and etc , just have to survive the first AMS and you are ez kill for the mage after. Don't tell me about death grip , as a mediocre IQ person knows to blink after grip , or even more good players , blink and ice block leading to waste of death grip , as the dk's are always fast to grip after blink.
    5.I will tell you how to destroy every dk with almost every class it comes to my mind right now.

Rogue vs DK - The whole fight you are trying to lock the dk with evasions and full cd , you are not using vanish before gargoyl as you have to vanish and wait for the garg to expire , also the cc time is important as you dont have to give the dk opportunity to icebound fortitude vs you , but easily for you most dk's here are using ice bound fortitued + EMPOWER RUNE WEAPON SUMMONING GARGOIL to prevent you from stuning them in their burst , leading to vanish of the rogue , and erasing both their most crucial cd vs rogue + their burst.

Mage vs DK - as i told up there , you have to survive the first ams and then DK is easily killable , for more info go ask Xinnia ingame or Iamnervous.You will see how they are owning DK'S on full hp ,with anti caster hero barely reaching their end.

Spriest vs DK - Here DK have a lot of advantage you can call it anti class , of course if the priest is good , nothing is impossible , as a lot of priests are silencing to shackle the gargoil , and other thing is that after trinket use on fear , they are full dotting you and after fake cast mind freeze they are mind controlling you waiting for your HP to slowly go down , as dots are still doing dmg.

Warrior vs DK - here if the dk is actually knowing what he is doing , he cant actually lose to a warr if not accident. As he can kite the warr all the way from stormwind to icecrown itself. The only way for the war here is to bs on the garg and sacrafise pet and eventually burst to a kill with spell ref on anytime , so the the could reflect chains of ice. However if the dk knows what he is doing , he will just mind freeze the warr spell ref leading to infinite kite.

Hunter vs DK - You just have to watch out for the DK killing your pet and even heal from it , as when the hunters are far and kiting , the good DK are killing the pet with death stirkes and deff cd's leading to them going to full hp with hunter not having a pet anymore , so no master call leading to really fast hunter's demise.

Feral Druid vs DK - here the feral just have to use cyclon on the DK pet's instead of those brainless dudus that i see bursting target with full procs and cycloning the ****ing dk :D :D :D You just have to cyclon the gargoil when up , and cyclone the ghoul when the dk is on about 20-30 procent hp as he wont be able to sacrafise it , also remember that switching forms , erases the chains of ice of the dk so use it goddamit.

Balance vs DK - Here I wont say anything as i have not ever loosed to boomkin in my life as a DK in my 6-7 years of experience.But from what i know in the pro's on the original servers and etc you have to spam roots , bursts , forms swap , pretty much the same as feral , but as dmg is coming from boomking form , and here you watchout about your health as you dont benefit from going to bear form as you are in the feral spec.

Paladin vs DK - Paladin are DK'S anti class , as they can turn evil in instant the pet , and tanking the dk burst in 1 hand shield heal libram , makes them almost unkillable by one person as their heal and tank in one.Of course if the paladin is braindead yeah , he can lose to the DK.

I dont know if I forgot about something to write about , but anyway in conclusion i want to say that on the first watch DK is seems to having almost everything like ,can go tank mode while dpsing , good selfheals , AMS , AMZ (anti casters abilities) , Anti-stun icebound fortitude spell and etc. But actually the DK lacks so many other things like NO HEAL REDUCE , NO CLEANSE , NO DISPEL , NO SHIELDS and so on.So dk is almost the most easiest class ot counter if you know how of course, and yes the most easiest to play along with Paladin.
    Edited: January 10, 2018

6. Ret paladin.
    As Poopicle said, if you can use LoS and don't mind using bubble in duels it's just gg. Only good frost mages can beat you. Without LoS it's a bit different story as certain classes such as spriest, destro lock and ele shaman can be annoying, but perfectly beatable (I excluded frost mage from this list). Also having Bauble trinket is a huge + for a ret in duels.

7. Once you start adding counter gearing/speccing and whether the duel takes place in open area or where u can los, like nagrand arena this conversation becomes impossible. With normal gear and spec and no los i would say best overal duel class is dk. If you tryhard to the max and add los into the mix mage becomes best. Imo these are the best but they do have few counters aswell.

8. I want to thank you all for the replies, even more on the long reply about Dk class, cheers to you mate, was a good read. I dont agree about paladin class, cuse i never in my life lost to paladin as an aff lock. Not in 1v1 event, nontheless in open zone.

9. Dk is considered good because they can switch to blood and be immortal against any melee. Even unholy with a rune tap subspec is enough to get most melees killed. I'd hardly call ret an anti class to dk.
    Edited: January 10, 2018

10. I want to thank you all for the replies, even more on the long reply about Dk class, cheers to you mate, was a good read. I dont agree about paladin class, cuse i never in my life lost to paladin as an aff lock. Not in 1v1 event, nontheless in open zone.
    If you never lost to a paladin as Affli lock then they're doing something really, really, really wrong (ESPECIALLY if there's LoS in that fight). Affl lock 1v1 is one of the easiest casters to beat as ret.

11. Dk is considered good because they can switch to blood and be immortal against any melee. Even unholy with a rune tap subspec is enough to get most melees killed. I'd hardly call ret an anti class to dk.
    Cant outheal ret dps even as full blood,a pro ret just destroys a pro dk sadly :( and as blood you cant kill a good pala because 1hmace and shiled is just to op

12. No problems mate :) Yeah , it's just as Elipas said , you cant outheal the ret burst , while they can outheal the DK burst.Even if the DK is hybryd he tend to survive a bit more , a good pally who knows what he is doing , DK is an ez kill.It's just that most pallys here are just popping wings and bursing trying to win , while ams is on leading to full runic power charge > than erasing the paladin like chicken with gun.But if the paladins are playing defensively till the garg is down and fear it etc , and mainting high HP with 1 hand shield ,on DK procs , the pally cant barely lose a duel.

13. Only -stun specced and meta gemmed ORC udk has some sort of chance vs ret in the end.

14. From my expirience in duels, as a DK, i only lose to a skilled Retri paladin, skilled Hunter (if i dont go Frost Presence and use a Stamina trinket), and thats prety much it...
    I doubt there is another class that can win most duels when it comes to dueling all other classes.

15. From my expirience in duels, as a DK, i only lose to a skilled Retri paladin, skilled Hunter (if i dont go Frost Presence and use a Stamina trinket), and thats prety much it...
    I doubt there is another class that can win most duels when it comes to dueling all other classes.
    I guess you dont do much duels then :) About the "best" 1v1 class .. there is no best 1v1 class .. every class can be best if the person behind the keyboard knows what to do.
    Edited: January 11, 2018

12 Last