1. Botting is getting ridiculous

Bots are constantly mining ores, gathering herbs and camping mobs that drop essential materials. WHEN is this **** going to end? More ridiculous is the fact that I don't do any kind of PVP and yet I've got 400 HKs, 390 of those kills are legit from killing bots.
    I'm tired please tell me how to farm the stuff I need.
    :(

2. The problem is that they exploit the fact we want to make it easy and comfortable for new players to join us. They are constantly banned, but just create new disposable accounts. As it's all automated, they don't care if they get caught and banned a hundred times, because the one bot they manage to not get caught in time is profit.

3. The problem is that they exploit the fact we want to make it easy and comfortable for new players to join us. They are constantly banned, but just create new disposable accounts. As it's all automated, they don't care if they get caught and banned a hundred times, because the one bot they manage to not get caught in time is profit.
    Is there a way to detect them right away or somehow to block their access to your domain/realmlist?

4. Is there a way to detect them right away or somehow to block their access to your domain/realmlist?
    We already ban IPs and proxies they use, but there's no real way to identify a bot with 100% certainty beforehand. Trying to do that would mean automatically blocking legitimate players as well.

PS: I'm not saying nothing will be done anymore, that we gave up trying. Just that it isn't just flipping a switch and calling it a day. Any measure has to be balanced with how it would affect the rest of our current or future players, and that limits a lot the more radical solutions.

5. We already ban IPs and proxies they use, but there's no real way to identify a bot with 100% certainty beforehand. Trying to do that would mean automatically blocking legitimate players as well.

PS: I'm not saying nothing will be done anymore, that we gave up trying. Just that it isn't just flipping a switch and calling it a day. Any measure has to be balanced with how it would affect the rest of our current or future players, and that limits a lot the more radical solutions.
    AI sucks but I feel better knowing you are working on the problem and that you guys haven't gave up on fixing it.
    Thank you Obnoxious for your replies.

6. I'd just like to add that I've noticed botting become extremely prevalent in battlegrounds as of late. I'm in NA so it's usually overnight server time that I notice it but it is pretty blatant on both horde and alliance side.

7. What do u think?
    How many of these names are real players?

and this is just winterspring on alliance side...

8. Oh Jakkre,trying 5 sp ?Good Good setup :)

9. I'd like to point out that fishing is completely ruined by the botters. The price of primal waters is absurdly cheap because of them. It is not like they aren't getting banned but it just isn't fast enough. One botter i watched sit in a pool for 3 straight days then got banned in the last big banwave. The next day the area was clear, but the next there were more bots. Yesterday I reported them and they disappeared. Today more are back. It is honestly the single biggest problem of Outland.

Not only that but i've noticed a lot of them are either alt-f4ing to leave or using some other tactic to instantly leave. As soon as I attack them about 2 seconds later they simply disappear so I can't even kill them.

10. What do u think?
    How many of these names are real players?
    and this is just winterspring on alliance side...
    Then you don't want to see the horde side. Do /Who Silithus, Winterspring, Desolace, Eastern Plaguelands etc.

11. where should i report bots ? ingame ticket ?

12. where should i report bots ? ingame ticket ?
    Yes, it can be found under the question mark on your bottom playerbar in game. There is a button to "Submit a ticket".

You'll want to state the character name and the time/date of witnessing it. Best to take a screenshot of the bot in action, and upload that to Imgur, then provide the link to the imgur image in the text of your ticket submission. Describe what the character was doing that warrants suspicion as a bot.

Further information here: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=325598

13. mining mats are dirt cheap at AH, same time u cant even mine 1 stack of adamantite for urself or for selling to get some gold.

14. Then you don't want to see the horde side. Do /Who Silithus, Winterspring, Desolace, Eastern Plaguelands etc.
    Yesterday I was leveling in Winterspring and Silithus.
    There were a total of around 120 bots just in these two areas.
    At some point there was no more space in my GM ticket to write down all the names.

I feel more and more like I'm wasting my time with reporting all these bots. I constantly had to edit my ticket because new bots were appearing and I spend like over an hour to write down all these names.

A GM could just use /who macros for these areas and teleport to all character with suspicious names.
    If Warmane had just one GM that would do this on daily basis we could get rid of the majority of bots before they hit max level.
    That would be like 1-2 hours daily work for a GM and much more efficient than me waisting my time with writing tickets.

123 Last