1. GS Requirements?

It's been over a year or so since I last raided, and since I can't make a new DK, I'm trying to get back into the groove of things with my old guy. He isn't too far along, so I'm left wondering where to go/aim for next. Currently 3.5k GS, last I checked. And as I said, been a long while so I don't know what dungeons require what or what people look for... If people are even doing anything outside of raids anymore, haha.

2. You just need to do dungeon finder and buy bind on equip items. But you missed out on emblem of frost farm event at christmas, you could've gotten 4 set.

3. grind rdf, get into fos/pos farms if you can, icc rep farm. will all give you a decent boost. keep an eye on global for any toc runs or anything that you can get into with your current gs.

4. Sadly, every ToC/PoS/FoS/HoR run I see posted wants 5k+ for their runs, and RDF is always so slow... So few doing rep farm anymore, too. Guess I got here just a bit too late again, heh. Oh well, here's hoping something comes up...

5. RDF is slow if you queue as dps. Go tanking and you'll surprise how fast it is

6. you should chceck ah for BoE gear, gear made from primos are very very good (on some even red GS)

7. Yes, I know tanking usually gets you in faster, but most of my gear is DPS, and I'm not ready keeping mobs in check. Been too long, so no one would want me tanking anything.

As for BoE, I have a piddly pile of gold, less than 2k, so I won't be affording anything at this point. Nor do I have any Orbs or any professions to make money off of, not to mention that there are already plenty out there covering professions, it would seem.

8. its definately a grind, if you go to the fos/pos area tho you should be able to find people farming it for gear, generally those 5k fos/pos runs are hc tryin for hilts. what side do you play on?

9. Horde, and yeah, but even those looking to do norm are asking for 4.5-5k. It's getting ridiculous...

10. ouch. wasn't that high last time i did fos/pos on horde. max i remember seeing was 3k for a farming run. all i can suggest at this point is keep your eyes open for people recruiting for anything that you qualify for.

11. Sadly, that's all I can do outside of RDF... Doubt I'll get into anything before I magically hit 5k without doing FoS/PoS runs...

12. You could also start your own group with your own requirements. I was sick of waiting for people who would need me so I created my groups for these dungeons, then some raids aswell, especially VOA where people ask for 5.5 when a 4.5 group could do everything fine. Take the initiative and you will be a lot happier :D

13. If you're serious about getting geared, there are a few ways to do it, but it will definitely be a grind, as some people have mentioned. Firstly, farm all RDFs every day. Should get you around 70 EoTs daily or something like that. That will get you T9 and several i245 off-pieces. FoS/PoS farm will also get you EoTs. Make sure you try and do FoS/PoS/HoR hc every day for BH, if you don't already have it. That will boost your GS significantly. Secondly, do quests for gold. Especially with the rates on this server, just doing the Icecrown dailies alone can get you around 1k gold daily, from rewards and trash vendoring. After about a week or two, you can craft some i264 and i245 items and they will be a huge boost to your GS. Since you're dps, RDF queues probably suck, so you can do these quests while waiting for RDF queue to pop. If you don't have flying yet, do all the Northrend zone questing starting from the earlier leveling zones. Doing the quests will also allow you get get more vote points each day, which in turn you can use to buy some i239 gear to help supplement your GS. Throw on Spotify or Pandora to help the grind be a little more managable. Lastly, don't underestimate the potential for profit from professions. My personal favorites to start out with are enchanting and tailoring. Since you are a DK, farming mats for these are relatively easy.

14. I don't know where to find the dailies naturally, as I've never really spent the time on most quests in Northrend as is and it's been over a year since I last attempted any of them. And being a DPS, making a group of my own is about as difficult as corking out a dump after eating a block of cheese...

I try to do RDF whenever I can, but being an oldie, but a non-donater cause no job means no money, I can rarely make it onto the server before all the RDF people are already getting off or already are off. x-x;

15. 5.8k gs required for 10 man ICC
    5.5k gs required for 25 man ICC

12 Last