1. Server Not Connecting?

Hey there Warmane Staff,

Im having trouble connecting to the game and Im not sure what the problem is. Ive tried looking at previous posts regarding this issue and while I did find some from previous years, most of them by the looks of the comments seemed like an issue concerning the realmlist.

So let me start off by saying that I have been able to connect previously before, and have played for a week (got like 2 accounts to level 25 or so) before this issue arose, which is why its baffling me as to what the issue could be.

On to the issue, basically when I am trying to log on I get the connecting message

https://imgur.com/a/8kaL4

and it stays like this for a while, maybe 30 seconds or so, and then it gives me the Unable to connect message.

https://imgur.com/a/gAJxJ

Any idea as to what might be causing this?

Appreciate all your help in advance.

Alternatively: If someone could provide me the IP of the server that we are supposed to connect to, I could see if the issue is something from my ISP end.

Things Ive tried:
    Run as administrator [Didn't work]
    Changed my IP [Didn't work]
    Allow wow.exe as an exception on the firewall [Didn't work]
    Delete cache [Didn't work]
    Unchecked Show Launcher [Didn't work]
    Ensured realmlist is correct [Didn't work]
    Edited: January 13, 2018

2. Same with me. I tried all. even went to other places and tries to login. but same status.

use Tracert logon.warmane.com ...it will show IP

3. I play in wotlk server the same issue, i have posted a ticket but seems there was no action from the devs.

i even try to connect in other wotlk server but with no issues i can even play, but i wanted to play on warmane but coudnt connect
    it is my 3rd day now that i cannot connect to the server

Warmane staff do something pls.

4. Okay so I tried running a trace, and it shows me two points where Im not connecting, which I suppose gives us the reason for why Im not connecting.

If anyone has any solutions as to why this might be the case. It would be greatly appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/MbJ3t

5. Okay so I tried running a trace, and it shows me two points where Im not connecting, which I suppose gives us the reason for why Im not connecting.

If anyone has any solutions as to why this might be the case. It would be greatly appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/MbJ3t
    Line 2 - your ISP problem
    Line 13 - this is normal, I have same, no problems with game

6. Could you tell me what my ISP is supposed to be doing, like what is that Line 2 supposed to be tracing, so I can tell my ISP about it?

7. Hello MiniLynx (you look familiar :p).
    Can you try unchecking the "Show Launcher" thingi and try? (Uncheck it, close game, open game again, try logging).

Also, make sure your downloaded game isn't in the default Torrent Download location.

P.S.
    Your traceRT is fine. Don't worry about it.
    But it does show your PC's IP address which you might want to hide from Public Places (such a this forum).

8. Unchecked the Show Launcher thing, still the same.

Also how would my downloaded game location thing make a difference. Remember it was working before and now it isnt, so Im only trying to focus on things that may have changed.

Edit: Tried changing the location, didnt help

Does your trace give you the same result as mine? i.e. 2 requests timed out? Ill hide the IP after this issue resolves.

9. Unchecked the Show Launcher thing, still the same.

Also how would my downloaded game location thing make a difference. Remember it was working before and now it isnt, so Im only trying to focus on things that may have changed.

Edit: Tried changing the location, didnt help

Does your trace give you the same result as mine? i.e. 2 requests timed out? Ill hide the IP after this issue resolves.
    I just want to ask where are you from? I am having EXACT same issue. It happened like 4 days ago.

I am currently living in the middle-east by the way. I am guessing it is an ISP issue since I can connect to other WOTLK / TBC servers other than warmane.

10. If you have downloaded the game via Torrent client, then by default, after completion, Torrent Client will also use the same game contents to share with other users (that's how torrents work). So if the file is being shared, you can't fully access that file. So that's why it's always a good idea to:
    1- Move the game from Torrent Downloaded folder to a newer place
    OR
    2- Go to your torrent client, and stop seeding the Torrent.

My TraceRT and everyone's TraceRT will give same results. You didn't even need to trace it. A simple
    Code:
    ping logon.warmane.com
    could make sure that you are the game login server is accessible via your ISP.

Which version of Windows you're using? If it's Windows 10 then maybe changing Compatibility of WOW.exe to Windows 7 will make a difference.

Just to make sure if it's your ISP messing around, you can try a VPN client temporarily and see if it gets you through login.

*Edit*
    Just saw gorgeous16's post. It seems like a regional issue. Try a proxy to confirm it.

If proxy works, after you login, you can disable that proxy and can still play.

11. I just want to ask where are you from? I am having EXACT same issue. It happened like 4 days ago.

I am currently living in the middle-east by the way. I am guessing it is an ISP issue since I can connect to other WOTLK / TBC servers other than warmane.
    Yeah Middle East. United Arab Emirates to be exact. I had a feeling it was something to do with that. Which is why Im focusing on the IP. The weird thing is, while this issue rose while I played from my house, there was a time, when I could still play from a different location, but now it seems I cant play from either.

Definitely seems like an ISP issue, but I want to know what exactly it is that preventing it so I could try to get a work around.

If you have downloaded the game via Torrent client, then by default, after completion, Torrent Client will also use the same game contents to share with other users (that's how torrents work). So if the file is being shared, you can't fully access that file. So that's why it's always a good idea to:
    1- Move the game from Torrent Downloaded folder to a newer place
    OR
    2- Go to your torrent client, and stop seeding the Torrent.

My TraceRT and everyone's TraceRT will give same results. You didn't even need to trace it. A simple
    Code:
    ping logon.warmane.com
    could make sure that you are the game login server is accessible via your ISP.

Which version of Windows you're using? If it's Windows 10 then maybe changing Compatibility of WOW.exe to Windows 7 will make a difference.

Just to make sure if it's your ISP messing around, you can try a VPN client temporarily and see if it gets you through login.

*Edit*
    Just saw gorgeous16's post. It seems like a regional issue. Try a proxy to confirm it.

If proxy works, after you login, you can disable that proxy and can still play.
    Im using the same WOW Client, Ive had for years, its past its time to be torrenting it. What I want from the trace is the line that Im timing out on, like where is it trying to connect. Because Pinging does ping back, so thats not the issue

12. I am having the problem and i am also in Middle east.

I pinged and it is ok. I tracert and found the same as shown by one of our friend above.

I tried VPN as well, but the same.

I dont know what to do.

13. That is it. I am from UAE as well.. Etisalat is my ISP.. I`ve also used my mobile data and no use.. I installed a fresh game on my laptop win 10.. on my wife's win10 laptop and a win 7 pc, and still same issue. I've actually given up as of the moment.. I don't want to try any VPN service as it is debatable if it is legal or not here in the country.. i dont want to risk.. I guess im going to the official server for the mean time..

gonna send my farewell send to my ingame friends.. oh wait.. I can't log in.. sad..

14. You all started having problem (perhaps) on the same day when Medivh was merged into Outland. Maybe there's a connection here with your disconnection problem :D.

15. You all started having problem (perhaps) on the same day when Medivh was merged into Outland. Maybe there's a connection here with your disconnection problem :D.
    now the you mentioned it. My last log in was January 4. Merge happened January 5? anyway I can't log in on any of the servers using 3 computers.

Thank you H4T3 for the effort in helping us. I appreciate it.

12 Last