1. 1 Week Ago  

How many wotlk clients can you run with i7 CPU?

How many clients are you able to run on 1 pc?
    My CPU is i7-7700K 4.2GHz.

At 5 clients I can run them on ultra.
    At 10 clients I have to reduce graphics settings to not have characters fall behind too often.
    At 15 clients I have to reduce graphics settings a lot. Very low settings = 99% cpu usage, reduced it to lowest and I got 80-85% cpu usage in wg when it is not battle. (ram and gpu at ~50-60%)
    This is with <1% cpu used for other things than wow.

Is it possible to improve performance more to be able to run more on 1 pc?
    I have another stationary and a laptop so I could run more using them but feels like too much effort to be worth it.

I use the client with legion models, would it run better on the old wotlk client?

2. 1 Week Ago  

3. 1 Week Ago  
    How many clients are you able to run on 1 pc?
    My CPU is i7-7700K 4.2GHz.

At 5 clients I can run them on ultra.
    At 10 clients I have to reduce graphics settings to not have characters fall behind too often.
    At 15 clients I have to reduce graphics settings a lot. Very low settings = 99% cpu usage, reduced it to lowest and I got 80-85% cpu usage in wg when it is not battle. (ram and gpu at ~50-60%)
    This is with <1% cpu used for other things than wow.

Is it possible to improve performance more to be able to run more on 1 pc?
    I have another stationary and a laptop so I could run more using them but feels like too much effort to be worth it.

I use the client with legion models, would it run better on the old wotlk client?
    set lower fps on background windows if you didnt do that.

basicly i dont think you should go above 10 with this cpu. sure maybe you could squeeze 12-13 with all settings lowered etc, but its gunna be fcked up group allignment anyway, some skills are party wide afterall.

since its a K series, you can easely enable turbo mode, wich would give you extra ghz meaning extra char or two, who knows.