1. New warrior tank, rage starved and threat issues.

Recently started playing my warrior again, while tanking I find that I'm always low on rage and I can't hold threat.

My rotation is Devastate > Revenge > Shield Slam repeat. I'll pop Shield Bock when it's off cooldown and Thunderclap / Dem Shout to keep the debuffs up.

2. What exactly are you tanking? Normal dungeons? Heroics? Raid bosses?

Depending on what you're tanking, you can wear some dps gear to increase threat generation, so long as you're able to survive. With Impale 2/2 (arms tree), crit helps a lot with threat generation.

Don't use shield block when tanking multiple mobs unless it's strictly necessary for your survivability. In low rage situations (= situations in which you take little damage), it clearly isn't necessary to use it.

If you're rage starved, you probably aren't taking a lot of damage. Thunderclap and dem shout reduce incoming damage, which reduces rage generation from incoming damage every time you're tanking multiple mobs. If you can handle the damage without them (and that is, if your healer isn't having a hard time keeping you up), then do so, because that will help with your rage generation, and thus also help your threat generation.

Thunderclap should not be used on every cooldown as an AoE-threat-generating ability (like a Paladin's Consecration spell). It should be used only at the beginning of a pull to tag up to 4 mobs in order to get them to target you. With 3/3 in Improved Thunderclap (arms tree), you can gain the 13 rage necessary to cast Thunderclap by first using Charge (if it's safe to charge, without the risk of pulling other mobs/packs), or by using Bloodrage if you have at least 1 point in Improved Bloodrage (prot tree).

Also, in low rage situations (= situations in which you take little damage) you might wanna consider adding Shield Bash to your rotation, since it only costs 7 rage and does a decent amount of threat.

You might also want to consider using Mighty Rage Potions until you get better at rage management (that is, knowing what abilities to use and when; knowing the best way to spend your rage), which is one of the hardest parts of warrior tanking imo

3. i give you an advice: look for an alchemist and get from him rage potion they help you in early tanking life to avoid rage starving.

I can't hold threat.
    this is a personal issue. You must know which sklills to use and how to inc packs of mobs or single mobs. google some warrior tank vieos and learn from them.

My rotation is Devastate > Revenge > Shield Slam repeat. I'll pop Shield Bock when it's off cooldown and Thunderclap / Dem Shout to keep the debuffs up.
    this is the most ***** statement. as tnak i never used a fix rotation and always had no issues in losing threat. value which kind of mobs are you facing. are you facing casters? spell reflect helps you. are you facing pack of melee?? then demo+tc are more worth than spam a sunder armor in each of them at inc.

i repeat
    check some guides