1. Need some help understanding

Hello I wanted to ask if sollace is actually better for holy paladin that is having val'anyr as a weapon and gts as a 2nd trinket?And if it is why is it better?And if not why not?

2. Depends on the fight, Solace/GTS give more throughput than Meteorite Crystal (which I believe is bugged atm, so not as good as it should be) + EOT trinket. If you have no issues with mana then more spellpower is going to be better.

3. Dont get solace on your pala unless its for pvp
    The only thing you need to get mana is seal of wisdom and melee a target and yes you can do that on every ICC fight.
    Meteorite cyrstal is good because of the +111 intellect it gives, the on use effect (wich is bugged atm) its just a nice extra. The EoT trink is also good because of the +128 int. This is only if you are going with the intellect pala build, if you go haste you need chared scale and glowing scale.

Personally I use glowing scale and meteorite, OP aoe heals and some backup mana regen for emergency, but using eot trinket would probably be better than crystal

PD: never use divine plea
    Edited: January 17, 2018

4. Solace is BiS for holy paladin. For second trinket you will choose depends on the fight and depends on what you want more - performance (GTS) or more mana safety (Meteorit). At the moment Meteorit is buged since it gains 1 stack through Beacon of Light which throws Solace to be even better than Meteorit regardles to mana return. As long as Warmane fix this problem you can go with 2 x Solaces if you need more mana. Spell Power is not first priority for Holy Paladin comparing with rest of the healer classes but anyway...when we speak about keeping tanks alive, more is always better. In general most of the top guilds are running with GTS + Solace due to insane DPS which leads to shorter duration of the encounters comparing with progressive and not so well geared guilds. For VDW I recommend you to go for Talisman (Maghia's Misguided Quill) + GTS (Abacus) for best performance.
    Edited: January 17, 2018

5. More spellpower usually translates to more overhealing. That's not a bad thing as long as you don't get any mana issues. With Val'anyr it's more beneficial as the shields benefit 100%.

Although, to give you some numbers: On my last LoD as holy my HL avg. hit for 19.7k / 30k (hit/crit) and my beacon for 24k. So, if you don't crit you heal for less than half of the average LK hit (P2 approx. 40k on a 1.8s swing timer).At this point, unless you really need the mana, you'd be happy to have more spellpower.

You can play a holy paladin in many different ways and depending on the way you choose, the best trinket will differ. Take whatever suits your playstyle.

The only thing you need to get mana is seal of wisdom and melee a target and yes you can do that on every ICC fight.
    And how many melee hits do you get out if you have to be constantly casting?

It's a good thing to have a healthy and reliable passive mana regeneration. Both BiS rings have mp5, the Festergut gloves also have mp5 and are a neat pick because of their high int/haste combo. And Solace adds here nicely. If you want to run double SP trinkets it's your best choice.
    Edited: January 18, 2018

6. And how many melee hits do you get out if you have to be constantly casting?
    More than enough actually if you are doing healing when needed and not just spamming to overheal

Also ill change what I said about divine plea to: Dont use divine plea while healing, use it smart on downtimes where there is no dmg.

If you have mana issues as paladin then you are doing something very wrong, unless its icc 10 and you have a bad raid comp, but speaking specifically for icc25hc you shouldnt have mana isues on a well balanced raid grp. If you want the spell power, better get abacus or a twilight scale, but getting solance because of the mana regen is a waste when you can keep your mana up all the time by knowing how to play. Dont sacrifice spell power for mp5.

Now, that mana regen is good for battlegrounds, but I dont know much about pvp anyway

7. Mana regen isn't good only in battlegrounds. Mp5 (and due to Illumination Crit rating) prolongs your mana pool and as a consequence of that reduces the amount of times you would've otherwise had to DP or do auto-attacks/judgement. What I'm hinting at is that your assessment of Solace is a poor one.

8. then by all means keep using bis solace :)
    Just saying, you can spam heal all the time you want and keep your mana above 60%(even more on some fights) without solace and top the heal meter if you know what you are doing

9. Just saying, you can spam heal all the time you want and keep your mana above 60%(even more on some fights) without solace and top the heal meter if you know what you are doing
    You obviously haven't healed any meaningful encounter. If you don't plea and don't want to risk a tank death, you will be below 40% on LoD entering P1.5 if you get some lucky SoW procs. Most of the time you will be at around 25% when the last shambling dies. You will also be below 20% if you go into P2.5.
    Your theory of "healing when needed and not just spamming to overheal" is a nice one, but absolutely neglecting how healing in this expansion works. If you start healing after the damage occurred you will lose your tank eventually. You gain 0 mana from SoW if you spam heals.

10. Well not gonna start a fight about how play hpala, you can PM ingame I will give you tips about how to have infinte mana, or just keep using solace

PD:I have healed all of ICC25 hc including LoD, so im not just making things up :P talking from personal experience

11. Well not gonna start a fight about how play hpala, you can PM ingame I will give you tips about how to have infinte mana, or just keep using solace.
    Show me de way of infinite mana plis.

12. Add me ingame Varynnar horde side Icecrown I will teach you how to git gud

13. Add me ingame Varynnar horde side Icecrown I will teach you how to git gud
    No, no. Do it here, I'm sure everyone will thank you for the enlightenment that is infinite mana.

14. @OP, when I want to run double regen trinkets, I currently use Talisman (EoT trinket) and Solace, since the Meteorite Crystal doesn't work properly. The spellpower may not be too useful for Holy Light casts, but it is great for Sacred Shield and any Flash of Light casts (and hots via Flash+Sacred Shield combo).
    The Purified Lunar Dust trinket (or whatever the EoF trinket is called) is also a decent regen trinket that functions similarly to Solace, if you can't manage to get your hands on a Solace.

If you don't need to use double regen trinkets (which is often in my own case), then it's really up to you to decide what trinkets to use. I have a GTS and Abacus on hand for those cases, especially for healing Valithria Dreamwalker. Some people also like to go for a haste build where they use the DPS trinkets that have static haste stat on them.

12 Last