1. New to warmane

Sitting in queue since half a hour at least.... estimates say another 250+ minutes.....

Is it a good thing to have thousands of people waiting for hours just to be able to log in? Wouldn't it be better to just... you know... chop Icecrown in half by some method so no one has to sit in queue?

I don't know the admins' reasoning since I am new and merely looking for information.

2. making a new server and dealing with the costs of such for like 2k people would be a waste of time and money. you can skip the que by donating, or play 1 of the other realms.

3. Naturally the numbers would balance out, especially if the admins would utilize some measures to make migration to it appealing.

Right now the Cata realm has like 200 people and the Mists realm has 1300.
    Icecrown is overburdened with 14k people, if done right in an ideal situation it can be made into two realms with 7-7k population, but realistically speaking it would most likely get 3-4k at least. The lack of queue time would even lure in people who left or avoided the server because of the queue times.

At least that's what I think.
    Edited: January 15, 2018 Reason: hitting the submit button early from habit

4. Naturally the numbers would balance out, especially if the admins would utilize some measures to make migration to it appealing.

Right now the Cata realm has like 200 people and the Mists realm has 1300.
    Icecrown is overburdened with 14k people, if done right in an ideal situation it can be made into two realms with 7-7k population, but realistically speaking it would most likely get 3-4k at least. The lack of queue time would even lure in people who left or avoided the server because of the queue times.

At least that's what I think.
    it may, would be a gamble on warmanes part. biggest drawback to 2 realms would be splitting the population. there use to actually be 2 7x realms with i believe 4kish on each, which were merged together into icecrown.

in the end not much anyone can do but wait and see what happens. once warmane gets it's cross realm function working they may well consider splitting.

5. By the way the skipping que by donating is permanent or a "monthly fee in disguise" thing?

6. I like mai RDF... don't take it away... ;P

7. The queue on Icecrown cant be used as a measurement for how populated a second realm would be since almost everyone who sees 1400+ don't even bother play that day.

8. If only a second realm existed....If only its name was lordaeron

9. Dont think they will go back to that. Icecrown is the sum of 2 realms that existed before

10. Isnt it selfish of you to ask to split the realm into 2 different parts which will divide guilds , friends, world pvp enemies with which people have grown quite affectionate over years. If you are so upset with the queu times join lordareon(it will have RDF and heirlooms updated on 22nd jan) or you can donate one time for a lifetime pass to skip queue. Sorry if i'm blunt but people who ask for splitting realms or for a hard reset is completely selfish as many players who have endgame gears for months still have to achieve multiple achievements and there's a lot more to do.

11. There were 2 realms before.

Both were populated, but one always struggled a little bit compared to the other. (Ragnaros and Deathwing).

When they combined, the population skyrocketed even more because people want the huge population. Just donate if the queue really bothers you. If you can't afford 10 Euros, then find another f2p game or go hustle some money for a subway card... I get it, you might not want to pay, but complaining isn't going to do anything. The queue has been here forever, the price has been the same forever, and right now warmane is doing great so there's no reason to split icecrown population.

12. Why does everyone think that opening a new realm will split Icecrown in half?

13. Why does everyone think that opening a new realm will split Icecrown in half?
    It wont split it in half. It will make a little dent when first released. Then icecrown will grow back to what it is. The other realm (going off what happened last time) will run at around half of the original realms population with random weekend peaks to cap. Rageros and Sargeras were the 2 high rate clones on molten if i'm not mistaken

12 Last