1. Did some testing myself too with my character 6.7k with Smourne: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

Here's unlisted video for it https://youtu.be/V-KIkgni828

kept around 10k avg. DPS @ 500k dmg done. Recount is kinda bugged for me so I keep Skada under it always on how ever both end up around same dps at the end.

I'll try to pull off some deeps from raid bosses, later this week and post here them also. I think it's time for us to bring back Blood DKs ;) (Even if they are a bit buggy still)

2. Did some testing myself too with my character 6.7k with Smourne: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

Here's unlisted video for it https://youtu.be/V-KIkgni828

kept around 10k avg. DPS @ 500k dmg done. Recount is kinda bugged for me so I keep Skada under it always on how ever both end up around same dps at the end.

I'll try to pull off some deeps from raid bosses, later this week and post here them also. I think it's time for us to bring back Blood DKs ;) (Even if they are a bit buggy still)
    dat one click macro xD
    GoD is better if you are arp capped bis gear since you get additional heart strike(which hits more than IT+PS and IT +PS=2gbc) and you can simply use blood tap to get one more hs,should use ERW and blood tap on burst.
    Just go to icc 25 and if you can do 20k+ dps on boss 2 min+ fight then I can guess everything is working correctly looking at logs that I linked before.
    I am 6,3k gs geared and I pull 15,6k dps(icc 25 arp capped ofc) max which is pretty shame.

3. One click macro why not :P

Blood tap I dont use because it would ruin my macro :P I use ERW after 1st death strike once I pop my CDs to maximize dps with dancing rune weapon yes :)

4. You didn't use ERW on the video,why not one click macro ? Because sometimes boss is moving ? I'ts better to decide by yourself what to do.
    Also it's better to not have one click macro and have rune strike macroed with death strike/heart strike.
    Edited: February 14, 2018

5. Oh yeah, missed the ERW there but that's just a dummie, no harm done. For the macro which I use, it uses skills in specific order.. Order how runes are used with out long cooldowns. It's not made for multiple targets but for single target it's superior. If boss moves and dots gets removed and runes get reseted like at PP would happen, macro resets itself back to icy touch which allows me to restart rotation as should. So basicly that macro is the rotation, in that very same order you would do. Pretty much the macro goes like this:

/Castsequence reset=10 Icy touch, Plague Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Death strike, Death strike, Death strike, Heart strike, Heart strike, Heart strike, Heart strike

-There are 3 times Death strike because otherwise it won't perform 2x death strike when pressing macro.
    -Reset=10 means if macro hasn't been successfully used within 10 seconds, it resets back to Icy touch.
    -Obviously we would think when to use Death coil, well in between death strikes there will be small cooldown which allows you to use 1-2 death coils. That's why death coil isn't included in macro
    -So far I haven't added rune strike in the macro but could be placed in number 2 slot in action bar and use if it is available.

Anyway I haven't got issues with my DPS being around 15-20k with boss fights which is enough good in my opinion. But since I don't raid with endgame guild but more like with pugs, threat is an issue for me if I go clearly full DPS, else I would actually get in more depth to maximize the DPS output.

If you have DK, test that macro out, it works like a charm :)

6. @Darkenhue.

look damage difference between retail and warmane

look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7b4uUxkhhA

DS crit for 42k, I think aside DRW blood have more pressing problems with calculation issue. as you can see in the video description the server is Barthilas(US retail server) http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Server:Barthilas_US

and he didn't even have STS. he is using Death's choice + DBW. and he still got a 42k crit from DS.

and you can clearly see no tot was given as well. Anyone else willing to give input on the HUGE damage difference?

and SM was added in patch 3.3 and he has SM so we can conclude this is after patch 3.3

and no change to DS or any other talent that will reduce any damage happened after that. u can confirm here as this the only time dk's got ability update after 3.3 was 3.3.3 : http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_3.3.3

So yea, overall blood is hitting much less. his avg DS/HS hits. is the maximum dks get here.

If someone can show the logs thingy form worldoflogs that will be amazing

TDLR: if with DC hitting 42k. upgrading to STS is a huge upgrade 14.94%more arp to gem str and higher AP from proc. so damage should be much higher here and not even same...but atm it's much much less. getting a 30k crit inside icc is almost non existant on a bis BDK with full procs+taunka+food+flash+potion. u name it.

7. Yeah that's what I'm trying to pinpoint a cause for. At this point of time, the only numbers that seem off are from rounding issues, as well as from slightly incorrect crit multiplier interactions with the meta-gem (but that's a much broader issue that applies to other specs too). Apparently DS's glyph didn't work before, but it does now.

The biggest thing that jumps out at me is still the DRW doing too much damage. Mine seems to constitute about nearly 7% of my total damage on average, in contrast to the approximately ~4% predicted by Kahorie's sim. In line with earlier conclusions, the damage from its strikes looks like the primary culprits here.

I think Blood Gorged's damage buff while above 75% is also worth looking into. Combat Rogues have a similiar talent that used to be bugged for the longest time in that it wouldn't update the player's health consistently. Something similiar could be happening with Blood Gorged when the player takes damage during a fight.
    Edited: February 16, 2018

8. Here's DBS 25m Normal DPS that I managed to pull this time, I guess it went fairly good with procs and crits, managed to hold over 18k DPS for quite long.

Armory for my character (6.7k GS not yet BiS altho): http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o43X...ature=youtu.be

Notice that I got BamMod which shows critical strikes on chat also, shamefully it didn't show DRW crits or hits from all hits.

9. I don't think about drw doing too much damage especially after now when the autoattack will be glances by your report, when I'm looking at drw damage I can see that:
    -drw is somehow scaling with owner AP which should
    -drw is getting might of morgraine for heart strike/death strike and it should according to elitist jerk thread
    -drw hs/ds is getting improved death strike and bloody strikes and it should according to elitist jerk thread
    -drw hs benefits from its diseases - it should
    -drw propably have some minimum damage (if you will take 5-8 weapon damage you would see it)
    -drw dodges and parries a lot - should be only possible to parry but from elitist jerk thread we can also see that blizzard changed pet AI so when they changed drw to gives debuff at the target the pet is always placing and moving to the back of mob.
    Also I went to voa and 5.9k gs dk 1xgargoyle 1.2% overall dmg> then 6,3k dk 2xdrw 0.7% overall dmg talking about raid damage here.
    About the damage difference do you see this guy critting for 42k all the time ?No.The icc buff from video is same as ours 30%. All other damage seems fine ,maybe he just got tricks of the trade ?
    Edited: February 16, 2018

10. I think it's more than possible that Hodas was missing some key buffs in that pug there. Probably Sunder Armor (usual missing suspect in pugs), and maybe also Savage Combat.

The point about DRW's Heart Strike and Death Strike benefiting from those talents is going to need better evidence behind it than citations that are more speculation than anything else. We know that both log evidence and sim evidence suggest the DRW's HS and DS hit for no where remotely near 50%. DRW was noted specifically on numerous occasions for its weak strike damage. Most of its damage came from its autos.

Tricks wouldn't have played a role in the 42k DS because it doesn't stack with Hysteria.

11. I think it's more than possible that Hodas was missing some key buffs in that pug there. Probably Sunder Armor (usual missing suspect in pugs), and maybe also Savage Combat.

The point about DRW's Heart Strike and Death Strike benefiting from those talents is going to need better evidence behind it than citations that are more speculation than anything else. We know that both log evidence and sim evidence suggest the DRW's HS and DS hit for no where remotely near 50%. DRW was noted specifically on numerous occasions for its weak strike damage. Most of its damage came from its autos.

Tricks wouldn't have played a role in the 42k DS because it doesn't stack with Hysteria.
    About evidence there is the guys that's testing drw from PTR and there is a screenshot about that bloody strikes effect hs,before you can also see the guy testing and saying improved death strike is working too.
    "I did some quick DRW testing tonight. I'm 99% sure DRW gets hysteria and inherits at least some talents.

Tested by comparing deathstrike damage, full DPS gear minus trinkets, [Giant Mace] (no runeforge), all deathstrikes fired with 3/3 bloody vengeance, abom's might, horn, and at least 26 RP. In every test where I used hysteria, hysteria went up before DRW. I only got a couple dozen DS's in before I got bored waiting on cooldowns so take this as anecdotal, but the [Giant Mace] has a really tiny damage range so big differences in damage should show up in just a few swings.

-In every test with a DRW DS crit, the crit was close to 250% of the average non-crit, which looks like Might of Mograine.

-DRW's DS's seemed to hit for 35%-40% of my DS's, with or without hysteria. Assuming DRW doesn't inherit your glyphs, and my data isn't off, then DRW probably has Improved Death Strike. This also seems to show that DRW's DS is getting hysteria.

-I'm seeing a significant difference in DRW DS damage with hysteria vs without. Without hysteria, my DRW's non-crit DS's ranged from 726-771. With hysteria up, the smallest was 907.

I'd guess that DRW has the major passive blood talents baked in. Besides MoM and Imp DS, it'd probably be worth testing Bloody Strikes if we could be sure how rune weapon's HS interacts with diseases. Also it looks like DRW gets hysteria on specials, although I'm not sure about white swings. It's entirely possible that DRW uses one set of rules to calculate specials and another to calculate autoattacks."

Later there is a screenshot when somebody proofs that bloody strikes are working too with hs it seems that before people were saying it wasn't working. (I guess it got just hotfixed?)
    Drw have propably some sort of minimum damage to the strikes.
    Also you can see from your log(that you were linking) that something was ****ed up on retail right?
    ":[16:36:16.899] Rune Weapon Death Coil Lord Marrowgar *671* (R: 33)
    [16:36:16.899] Rune Weapon Death Coil Lord Marrowgar 373
    [16:36:16.899] Rune Weapon Death Coil Lord Marrowgar 1229 (R: 121)
    [16:36:16.902] Rune Weapon Death Coil Lord Marrowgar *2733*"

If drw snapshot AP this damage difference doesn't make any sense.

12. Yeah I saw that too, but that still errs uncomfortably on the side of speculation. You're also determined to turn a blind eye to the indisputable, hard combat log evidence that places DRW's ability damage much lower than the 30-40% reported by that poster.

As to why the the Death Coil damage looks so unusual, we can only speculate. Considering that 3 of those Death Coils share the same time stamp, I'd hazard a guess that it was a single Death Coil cast that got fragmented into numerous pieces somehow. I'm not sure what point you're making by copy-pasting that in numerous places.

13. That's drw dc from sudden doom proc from drw hs,still that doesn't make any sense.

"hard combat log evidence that places DRW's ability damage much lower than the 30-40% reported by that poster. " but drw on icecrown is hitting 25% of damage from heart strike/death strike because it's not affected by arp(we goes into conclusion that is correct because drw dont benefit from arp right),I don't understand why you want to change something if you see that obviously looking on that death coil damage something was terribly wrong on retail.

14. So you're saying that because of the existence of 1 unexplained and out-of-place occurrence pertaining to DRW, any other combat log-derived information related to DRW can be completely discarded?

15. I'm not saying that exactly but that's a thing that we must look into,looking at elitist jerk threat about blood dk you can see that many things was changing to DRW,numbers of bugs at the beginning was outstanding - like drw was summonning army and the second ghoul or casting rune tap.
    Looking at this log we might also think that there is something wrong with calculating damage.
    At the end of elitist jerk thread there are multiple comments that using pestilence is spreading drw diseases or drw interact with glyph of pestilence that you reported on bugtracker,but how ? Shouldn't drw not be affected by glyphs? Maybe something was changed and it was undocommented ?Maybe you will not find a log with that date... that's my point.

First 12