1. What arrows do you use if you're not an eng.?
    Same arrows that you use, when you are an eng. You can buy them at auction house, or from someone who can create them.

2. If I'm hipster enough to pick this spec can I afford to be hipster too with pets?
    With that said which pet besides wolf would you recomend for this spec?
    ty in advance
    Edited: January 25, 2019

3. This is one nice thread for what you are looking for, if nothing else it will give you some sharp preview of the abilities a pet can bring. Tho I Think they forgot the birds there. :)
    https://www.alteredgamer.com/wow-pet...w-hunter-pets/

P.S. Only an personal point of view, people who read this, keep that in mind before someone start *****ing about what I'm going to say. You can choose whatever pet you like really, But if you look into min/maxing, wolf is way to go. However every pet is viable, I was running around with the white tiger(cat without any special abilities and far from best dps output), yes i loved the looks of it and that is all, for so long time and still topping dps metters, until I started more serious raiding with the guild, where it was required from me to pull out best of my class...
    Min/maxing everything about your class can become important if you are farming ICC/RS 25 Heroic raids all the time, but let's be honest, if you intend to do casual raiding and have fun, few dps less or more won't make important difference... Following tactics and paying attention to what is going on in the encounter is more important.
    So, personal advice if you like a pet, pick it up, whatever it is. ;)
    Enjoy in class.

Best regards.
    Edited: January 25, 2019

4. This is one nice thread for what you are looking for, if nothing else it will give you some sharp preview of the abilities a pet can bring. Tho I Think they forgot the birds there. :)
    https://www.alteredgamer.com/wow-pet...w-hunter-pets/

P.S. Only an personal point of view, people who read this, keep that in mind before someone start *****ing about what I'm going to say. You can choose whatever pet you like really, But if you look into min/maxing, wolf is way to go. However every pet is viable, I was running around with the white tiger(cat without any special abilities and far from best dps output), yes i loved the looks of it and that is all, for so long time and still topping dps metters, until I started more serious raiding with the guild, where it was required from me to pull out best of my class...
    Min/maxing everything about your class can become important if you are farming ICC/RS 25 Heroic raids all the time, but let's be honest, if you intend to do casual raiding and have fun, few dps less or more won't make important difference... Following tactics and paying attention to what is going on in the encounter is more important.
    So, personal advice if you like a pet, pick it up, whatever it is. ;)
    Enjoy in class.

Best regards.
    It should be thought of more as "if my raid doesnt mind killing the boss / adds slightly slower" instead of "not caring about topping the charts" tbh.

5. Of course. Finishing the boss is no.1 priority, but how you do it and with what spec/pet, does not really matter much as long as it is smoothly done, exactly what i wanted to say, maybe i expressed wrong. :)

6. Been working on this spec and following this guide. I have been pretty successful, thanks for working on this guide!

7. May 16, 2019  
    Any update for Survival BiS List?

8. June 5, 2019  

BIS survival

Any update for Survival BiS List?
    I could be wrong but I seemed to get the most DPS rolling with BIS enhancement gear. 4 piece T10 doesn't seem to make a huge difference so I swap head and body for Snowserpent Mail and Caprace of Forgotten kings to reach my hitcap then save my skillpoints to maximize DPS. For trinkets I currently run WFS and DBW but sometimes it seems Herkulm outweighs WFS, and I haven't had the chance to try STS yet but the AGI proc from DBW is absolutely mad DPS. For the bow since I dont have bis yet I run Njor Bone Bow for the raw auto damage.

Hope this helps!
    Edited: June 5, 2019 Reason: mistake

9. and what about gems? still go for that full armor pen?

10. Not sure what IrMd1 ment with "BiS Enhancement" gear. The Enhance shami gear has its focus on haste and they need tons of hit rating to extend the melee crit cap. Addition to that they use two one handers and they stack expertice/hit gems. How does such a gear setup fit to SV hunter???

SV hunter BiS gear should be almost identical to MM. 100% ArP is needed as well.
    The BiS list should be near identical to MM's. Survival would prefer Signet of Twilight over Frostbrood (because it'd need the Hit Rating), and the missing Hit and Arp would have to be covered through gems. I don't believe anything apart from the Ring should be different.

11. when should your refresh Serpent Sting and Black arrow as it's not included in advanced step rotation.

12. July 1, 2020  
    Since when Haste reduces GCD on a hunter??? Hunter's GCD is 1.5s minimum. The only things haste affects are: Auto Shots, Steady Shot, Multi-Shot. You should only have enough haste to reach 1.5s cast-time of Steady Shot.

Also you make a guide for SV and you speak nothing about Explosive Trap. Even in the screenshots i see you just spam Black Arrow and using zero traps. Forget about hunting party. SV is all about trap dancing and LnL procing, not playing SV as MM from 30 yards spamming Black Arrow.

In ICC you can go melee on almost all bosses (except Rot hc, BPC hc and BQL (to some extent)). On all other bosses you will get more benefit with traps over BA.

when should your refresh Serpent Sting and Black arrow as it's not included in advanced step rotation.
    Refresh Serpent as soon as it drops. Even in between LnL procs. Try to avoind BA but if you must use it then use prio abilities: BA -> SS whenever they drop. Also some comments speak about Frost traps on bosses. That shouldnt proc LnL at all since bosses are immune to CC but if it does (and that's a bug) then you should probably do it on cooldown, but if it doesnt proc LnL use always Explosive Traps over BA.
    Edited: July 1, 2020

13. As what i have seen so far is that frost (area) trap will procc LaL even on bosses. So when you stay close to boss to weave in some melees/raptor strikes in between your autoshots, and you have no CD on LaL, feel free to place that trap to get LaL proc earlier.

14. As what i have seen so far is that frost (area) trap will procc LaL even on bosses. So when you stay close to boss to weave in some melees/raptor strikes in between your autoshots, and you have no CD on LaL, feel free to place that trap to get LaL proc earlier.
    it's a bug if this works

Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Will no longer "fizzle" on targets immune to snare effects, however Lock and Load will not succeed when using Frost Trap if the target is immune to snare effects.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Frost_Trap

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=181967&p=2517659

15. Not bad guide,still missing few things.

First 123 Last