1. Better Bot Solution

Does anyone have a better Bot solution? Why can’t Warmane ban based off IP so the same guy doesn’t just recreate his accounts after I report him. It’s frustrating reporting the same bots over and over just to see them reappear the day after being banned with the same names... Frustrated with fighting bots for resources. How else are you supposed to farm gold...

2. The gold seller companys can easily replace their banned accounts with new once.
    Banning the IP also doesn't help because IPs can easily be changed.

This leads to the question if it wouldn't be more effective to hunt the players that buy gold from these companys because without customers the gold seller companys will also die.
    That would require to track the money flow in the auction house but much more important would it be to check out the ppl that sell high amount of gold via trading.
    The cheapest way to get coins these days is to buy gold from chinese farmers and then using the trade system to sell the gold for coins.
    I assume that there are ppl out there that use this method to earn high amount of coins and maybe these ppl are the best paying customers of the gold seller companys.
    Edited: January 16, 2018

3. Maybe there should be an ingame CAPTCHA:

-Players could receive an automated admin whisper like this :

"Dear Player, this is an automatic message to prevent botting on our server. To prove you are not a bot, reply in 1 word, what color does a cherry has."
    Every human knows the answer is "red". It is easy to reply, takes 2 seconds, and if a player does so, this automated message won't be sent for like 5 days.
    If a player doesn't reply, the message would be sent again in every 10 min. If a player doesn't send the correct answer even after like 20x of this warning, it should be flagged as bot.
    There should be a lot of variatons of these easy questions, so that every player would receive a different one.
    This method wouldn't really harm normal players, but would make the botters job a little harder

Or bots could be detected by something like this :
    - If a lvl50-69 player gains X levels without doing even 1 quest, but kills the same monster like 3000 times/day, it should be flagged as bot automatically.
    - bots never interact with players. If a player who has never whisped or said anything, wasn't ever in a party should be flagged
    - The rate of the XPgain/hour or XPgain/day of players is very random, but bots have very similar and not randomized XPgain/hour, so this could be used to flag them

Also, warmane should
    -disable the /e and /me commands to prevelt lvl1 chars to scam in sw/og
    -trace the AHseller char to which the bots sell the farmed items.( The AH is full of underpriced items put up by random named lvl1 chars, the same ones since months, and they arent flippers)
    -maybe give gift cosmetic items or points to players who report bots with video proof

4. People can be AFK and not reply, or busy and not reply or maybe not speak English and not even understand the question. Bots can be programmed to answer questions though.

5. blizzard cant fix their BOT problem you ask warmane to do so....

6. 2018. people going into space since 60' but cant solve bot problems.

KAPPA

7. Hire me as GM, i'd ban 200 bots/day
    Edited: January 16, 2018

8. OMG someone ninja'd my node. Must be a bot; BAN.

9. If they added a way to track IWT clicks then they could check if the IWT clicks was used in a bot like way (if it uses IWT and farm ore/herbs, then it is almost guaranteed to be a bot or if it uses IWT and farm a lot of beasts then it is most likely a bot).
    I think every proper bot uses IWT at least, not 100% sure but I know some does at least.

If they did this they could find most of the botters very easily and they could havea GM spectate anyone that gets flagged and then ban them if they appear to be botting. Would really speed up finding and banning and would find almost anyone that bots.

10. Or, just ban by Mac Address, can't change that easily.

11. Or, just ban by Mac Address, can't change that easily.
    does the client even report your Mac address?