1. The thing is, why would anyone play on Lord and struggle to get gear when you can play on icecrown and get 6k+ gs in few days or within minutes with p2w shop, merging will kill lord server for sure, but oh well maybe sone other private blizz like server gets more atraction :)

2. The thing is, why would anyone play on Lord and struggle to get gear when you can play on icecrown and get 6k+ gs in few days or within minutes with p2w shop, merging will kill lord server for sure, but oh well maybe sone other private blizz like server gets more atraction :)
    If you're playng on Lord u do not care about gear at all, but about the "overtuned content", about the x1 exp rate and so on and back in the days cause the progression project.

If some people on Lord joined the realm to avoid too much gear gap, or see the gear be more "reserved" i think they are like a bunch of years late.

Just my opinion ofc.

3. You need consider also that the majority of donators (I guess), get the BIS offsets for PvP, to avoid do 5-hours raids, gathering DKP and so on.
    What about LK 25 hc weapons, bis trinkets, not even gonna mention donormournes.

4. What about LK 25 hc weapons, bis trinkets, not even gonna mention donormournes.
    Despite the fact that you've quoted a 2 weeks old comment, i'm gonna put the whole post.
    Please, elaborate your post , cause from what you typed u simply sticked to the stupid phrase "Offset items" so he doesnt count the Trinkets/Weapons lol.

How long Lordaeron will be able to stay online if it keep drops the population?
    How much % of the Warmane needed money income comes from Lordaeron?
    You need consider also that the majority of donators (I guess), get the BIS offsets for PvP, to avoid do 5-hours raids, gathering DKP and so on.
    Personally I think that balancing the gear just cause Lordaeron is inferior (not as an insult) in terms of progression and gear, when the crossrealm is just to try to revive his dead pvp scene, would just make more cons then proes, for example, why any PvP player should donate anymore if he can do ICC25nm to the best gear?
    Also, look on another site, it sounds just: We gonna use the lower gear to balance with Lordaeron, but when there is gonna be passed the line to use HC gear? When a server that is quite inactive and have buffed content, will start do HC on daily basic? Quite distant future don’t u think?.
    Also, the game is designed like it is, gear or not in my opinion. I personaly never like the idea of multiple servers crossrealms exactly for this issue.
    Another server have this thing, with all gear possible, and seems going well, why here we jut cant make it work? After a while the gear gap will be devided and fixed by the mmr in my opinion. In BGs there are/were and will be always premades.
    To answer you (If i got what you're tryng to say):
    When i was meaning as "offset" was all the PvE gear needed in terms of PvP to be considered BiS. Yes , that counts Trinkets and Weapon ofc.
    If Lordaeron was as old as MoltenWoW itself (Reminding you after the Moltdown peoples had coins refound and, even the smart ones who were not premium, had their way, legit or not, to get all their gear back) the situation could have been the same, who knows, we're compared a x1 Realm 2 years old with something that is aprox 6 years, with the double or even triple of the population. Just take a look at Memories , they were clearing the content in no-time, they have been stopped just for the fact that LK25hc was mathematically impossible.

You want keep being stick to "ommaggad donormourne" when to be realistic, the imbalance isnt that. The imbalance is how old the server is compared to Lordaeron.

Once again, i'm quoting myself:

How long Lordaeron will be able to stay online if it keep drops the population?
    How much % of the Warmane needed money income comes from Lordaeron? now that there isnt even a "que" anymore?
    Right now that i'm posting Icecrown got x4 times more population then Lordaeron.
    Lordaeron was a nice idea, but some mistakes or simply the time have killed the whole concept of it.

The game is designed like this, based on the items.
    The arenas on Lordaeron are completly dead, simply take a look, and in any case...Rank 1 dont have Smourne :O oh wait and they have farmed the R2 that had Shadowmourne :OOOOOOO (Not even counting R1 in 3s because is just about be lucky and meet any que)
    284 Meta makes Casters comps superior, the fact that noone knows how to play it, is not Shadowmourne or LK25hc weapons fault.
    Wanna talk about the BG? Is always the same between:
    Alliance group premade vs Horde premade
    Alliance group casual (low gear + high gear) vs Horde premade
    Alliance premade vs Horde casual group (low gear + high gear)
    Casual vs Casual

The mighty "unbalance" is just in your head my friend.

On Lord you are able to reach 4/5 S8 + Icc25nm gear and some bosses hc. More then enough to stomp any Icecrown "donor ****ter" if you know how to play as people from Lord claim to much to do.

About RS, i bet it will be released earlier then crossrealm, in any case Lordaeron guilds except the good ones, will struggle even on NM, so it wont change much.

A small amount of players from Lordaeron should stop to be that much egoistics, and understand that "struggle" (?) for a while and save the realm, will be better then keep it like it is now and watch him die.

5. why would it be only donors? i'm sure plenty of non donors would be happy with shorter bg que times as well.
    because they want to show off their how cool their uglies are to put it so. And how badass they are after buying bis gear and weapons. Idk why people are complaining about queue time. On peak hours bgs are insta pop. That thing with "shorter queue time" is just a pretext.

I understand that there are donors on both factions so the so-called equillibrum between factions won't be broken but what's the point of playing bgs for someone who is new on the server? To get 1 shot killed by some rich boy that in 2 days got to lvl 80 with full pvp gear? Why would any ordinary player want to go fight a tank while being armed with a stick? Cuz let's face it, the biggest part of the server is filled with ordinary players, we can't all be pvp gods.

Some would say "Well, do arenas, get items and stop *****ing". People have to go to work, some have a family etc. They can't all grind arenas for months. Hah. How long will it take till that happens? And how many times will you get beaten in bgs until you finally get some proper gear?
    ---
    Last question: what's even the point of Lordaeron server existing anymore if this cross bg becomes a thing? The very reason we play on Lord is to get away from the pay2win cancer and get a feeling of a somewhat blizzlike experience. If Lord stops offering that, the very purpose of the server becomes null.

6. There is already a show off premade on Lordaeron and you only seem to defend it now, as if u're losing privilege with it.
    I simply prefer the odds to face anything than this single premade during peak hours, but given the lack of players and alternative bgs I stopped doing bgs, because getting gy farmed is no fun ... especially for couple of hours on most days.

Therefore, I would prefer facing low skilled rich kids in my relentless gear than seeing how fast ppl abandon the bg once they get farmed.

7. There is already a show off premade on Lordaeron and you only seem to defend it now, as if u're losing privilege with it.
    I simply prefer the odds to face anything than this single premade during peak hours, but given the lack of players and alternative bgs I stopped doing bgs, because getting gy farmed is no fun ... especially for couple of hours on most days.

Therefore, I would prefer facing low skilled rich kids in my relentless gear than seeing how fast ppl abandon the bg once they get farmed.
    looooool, I would love to see you react when facing mbxer's or skilleld premade

8. I understand that there are donors on both factions so the so-called equillibrum between factions won't be broken but what's the point of playing bgs for someone who is new on the server? To get 1 shot killed by some rich boy that in 2 days got to lvl 80 with full pvp gear? Why would any ordinary player want to go fight a tank while being armed with a stick? Cuz let's face it, the biggest part of the server is filled with ordinary players, we can't all be pvp gods.
    Last I checked, honor points were used to buy gear. I'm pretty sure new players like to get gear.

Some would say "Well, do arenas, get items and stop *****ing". People have to go to work, some have a family etc. They can't all grind arenas for months. Hah. How long will it take till that happens? And how many times will you get beaten in bgs until you finally get some proper gear?
    If you don't have time for the game, why are you playing it? An MMO is an extremely poor choice of a game to play when your time is limited.

Last question: what's even the point of Lordaeron server existing anymore if this cross bg becomes a thing? The very reason we play on Lord is to get away from the pay2win cancer and get a feeling of a somewhat blizzlike experience. If Lord stops offering that, the very purpose of the server becomes null.
    I get your point, but you are overstating the issue and being dramatic about it. If you're going to insult other players and/or the server, don't post at all.

9. Last I checked, honor points were used to buy gear. I'm pretty sure new players like to get gear.

If you don't have time for the game, why are you playing it? An MMO is an extremely poor choice of a game to play when your time is limited.

I get your point, but you are overstating the issue and being dramatic about it. If you're going to insult other players and/or the server, don't post at all.
    So in your point of view it's nice to repeatedly take part of a rapefest for a few good weeks in order to get some honor points. Welp, guess everyone has his own fetishes.
    --
    Just because some of us don't have time to play 16 hours a day means we shouldn't play at all? Get a grip boi.
    --
    Overdramatic? How so? Lordaeron really has no meaning if everything its players had run away from will be shoved down their throats at lvl 80. Why not simply name Lordaeron Icecrown2 and be done with it?
    And yes, I'll say it again - pay2win is cancer. I'm ok with giving money to play. I donated some money too, despite playing on Lord. The server needs financial support and all that. But pay2win? I see that as cancer, especially in the situation of a cross realm bg. It's like bringing a gun to a sword fight

10. So in your point of view it's nice to repeatedly take part of a rapefest for a few good weeks in order to get some honor points. Welp, guess everyone has his own fetishes.
    --
    Just because some of us don't have time to play 16 hours a day means we shouldn't play at all? Get a grip boi.
    --
    Overdramatic? How so? Lordaeron really has no meaning if everything its players had run away from will be shoved down their throats at lvl 80. Why not simply name Lordaeron Icecrown2 and be done with it?
    And yes, I'll say it again - pay2win is cancer. I'm ok with giving money to play. I donated some money too, despite playing on Lord. The server needs financial support and all that. But pay2win? I see that as cancer, especially in the situation of a cross realm bg. It's like bringing a gun to a sword fight
    Here here!!!

This is exactly how I feel too, if cross-realm bg’s / arena are put into place then I will be done with warmane. The only reason I play here is because of lordaeron.

11. So in your point of view it's nice to repeatedly take part of a rapefest for a few good weeks in order to get some honor points. Welp, guess everyone has his own fetishes.
    That's assuming the sides will be imbalanced. They won't be anymore imbalanced than what they already are.

Get a grip on what? Why do you think 16 hours a day is necessary? And you claim you aren't over-dramatic. What you said is the definition of exaggeration.
    Here here!!!

This is exactly how I feel too, if cross-realm bg’s / arena are put into place then I will be done with warmane. The only reason I play here is because of lordaeron.
    That's fine, and I believe this thread exists so community members can express their opinions. I understand that some (perhaps 'some' is an understatement, I don't know) don't like the idea of having a slightly higher tier of items being available in a few slots, or the people who feel donating for gear is unfair. However, I would still argue that the previous poster's claims are still dramatizing the subject with things such as "some of us don't have time to play 16 hours a day", nor is he using the correct argument points.

12. Should just only make Lordaerom and Blackrock cross realm each other in PvP. Those two servers really need it.

13. I barely play 2-3 hours a day and i have 2 chars at 80, both full relentless and pve gear at around 5.3gs. Just dinged 80 with third one and i plan to have it for arena only. But even in greenies/blue gear i'm not wetting my clothy underwear as drama queens above, afraid to face a Smourne noob.
    I leveled the third one especially due to bgs crap times on Lord, because as I mentioned several times in this tread, there is no variety, only one premade on opposing faction that gy farm us.
    And I rly cannot grasp this narrow way of thinking, like putting a fresh 18yo driver in a F1 car and taking as given he will beat everyone with and F3 car on a circuit.
    This is completely false as first ignores teamplay and secondly class design is not uni-dimensional as in current wow retail, where you dont have means for outplay.

I think warmane may need a RP server for sharing drama stories, down below in Goldshire inn, on a QQ fest, for these melodramatic chaps.

14. me too, hope they re going to make same for dungeons, so they lower the q time for rdf

First ... 162425262728 ... Last