1. yes, implementing cross realm between all wotlk realms would be an amazing decision.
    That's the first thing that sprang to mind... Everybody and their dog has a shadowmourne in Icecrown. RIP

2. Please help me understand how this decision was made. I'm guessing there was a poll somewhere on this forum that led to the mods believing that this change was requested. This leads me to two questions though:

1. Who was able to vote in this kind of poll? Shouldn't it be first and farmost about the people that actually play actively on this server?
    - How would a poll look like that would ask if Icecrown should get their Gear for coins disabled and Lordaeron beeing the server with the higher pop / more votes in a poll, tempted to try x8?

2. How come, when a decission that changes the rules/workings of a realm is up for a poll, it does not get global reminder in game?
    I know plenty of people that do not check the forums regularly, they either don't know what to discuss here, or simply do not have the time.

To understand my concerns towards the charm that makes Lordaeron what it is, ask yourself this:
    How much of the fun in leveling a character is the incentive/difficulty to obtain new gear through quests, dungeons or even crafting it yourself. A huge chunk of that will not be necessary any longer if your heirloom gearslots keep your stats up to par. But maybe I just speak for myself when I say that getting that next awesome blue weapon which will stay with me for the next 6 lvl is kind of what makes x1 especially gratifying.

But what really bugs me is with enabling the rdf you are getting rid of the way we have been communicating. Before we even got to a dungeon and during our battles to the endboss.
    I make a lot of groups, be it lowlevel dungeon, endgame daily or raids.
    And I get to at least exchange a few words before I invite someone, can decide if I want the fourth paladin in my group or even exclude somebody who manages to act like a dick in the first response I get from him.
    Especially while leveling a new char I made most of my ingame friends by conversations that start while we are on our way to the summoning stone, ofc during the dungeon or even after.

Now why would that change? I am totally overexaggerating, right?
    Well maybe I just remember what happened when the RDF was introduced in retail. Why would you show good behaviour when you can always leave and find a new group in a heartbeat? Why have a friendly chat, or care about teamplay or letting the tank do his thing properly when you only want to get this over with, check out with some loot and your rdf goodiebag (idk if they enable that aswell).
    This surely seems a LOT like overexaggeration. But this was exactly what happened in retail. It ended up making every dungeon a RACE to the end.

Maybe I'm just beeing too nostalgic about this, maybe I just got to love Lordaeron as it is now, and am afraid of change?
    Anyway, I just hope people keep on beeing the Community that they are now - Getting me to make friends and meeting new ppl all over the place while leveling instead of dungeon rushing a new twink to 80.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit dramatic - this way of connecting just makes the biggest part of the game for me.
    This. Exactly this.

3. A thing is clear.

Lordaeron will never be the same...

4. I think enable the RDF is a good desicion, but the other...

No please don't. Nobody wants to play against warriors, dks or ret with S'mourne. It will be so unbalanced. Otherwise its a great idea.
    Exactly this, Lordaeron have not donations, I think the right thing is not do this.

5. decision of whether you will be able to play battlegrounds, and possibly arena in close future, with Icecrown and Blackrock players. ¿WTF?

I mean what? this would be a very unequal competition in Lordaeron not using real money to buy things, but in Icecrown they are full crash and more than anything in aera ._. It would be an easy victory for those on the Icecrown server.

I like the idea of ​​activating the dungeon finder but I do not like the idea of ​​putting that right when it comes to sand fights :( Can not I be the only one who thinks so? ...
    I agree with you mate...

6. you will be able to play battlegrounds, and possibly arena in close future, with icecrown and blackrock players.
    yessssssssss

7. Disabled RDF is the reason why i started playing on this server :/. Imma give it a try tho, but not sure if im gonna continue playing

8. Disabled RDF is the reason why i started playing on this server :/. Imma give it a try tho, but not sure if im gonna continue playing
    Lol u can spam global after rdf release what will be the different?:D And that true u can earn sm in the game so stop cry and dont be dumb down lk like other 100 ppls made.

9. And atleast we wont see gundrak spam in 24 hours

10. You know - you just have to ask yourself, "who are you making these change for?"

Is it for the people who asked for a server like Lord and have been the foundation, the backbone of the community?

Or is it for the people who only play on Lord cause they can't login to Icecrown cause the server is always full and they don't want to donate for a fast pass insta queue?

ALL over the official WoW forums, when they are talking about Classic Vanilla, one of the main selling points that people want is NO flying and NO RDF. Essentially, they want the core elements from WoW that made it great in the first place.

Their is a reason why RDF is seen as one of the last straws that killed WoW's popularity.
    RDF is not what makes Icecrown popular, its the PTW and x7 rates.

If you want to make an Icecrown v2, go for it. But their is no reason to butcher Lord to accomplish that.
    I can't comment on BG's and Arenas since I have no level 80's and am unaware of queue times at max level.
    Lordaeron is on patch 3.3.5, and on that patch, RDF and heirlooms exist.
    If you want vanilla wow, just play vanilla, not wotlk.

The population on Lordaeron isn't as good as it used to be, it's 10-20%. That's hugeeeee dip in numbers, makes playing tedious.
    Low level dungeons are extinct, there's very few new players and healers are lacking, most players are leveling by "boosting".

The only dungeons being done are Gun Drak (for the EoF), ToC5 for trinkets, and FoS/PoS/HoR. You'll never see anything else.
    Pugging raids is a nightmare, often you'll spend 1-2 hours looking for one tank.

PvP is even worse, 20+ minutes in queue for RBG, matched against same 3-4 arena teams (only 2v2 bracket is active).

The economy is dead, prices are either too high for rare items, or too low for common items. No new players to buy crafted BoEs, bags or pay for gems and enchants. Everyone has friends and alts and get everything for free.

The fact is, Lordaeron is very stale, they can either leave it as it is and die, or make changes in hope it'll get better.

As a long term Lordaeron player (and I am sure many other players would agree), I am fine with any changes that would result in increased population.

On the topic with both realms interacting, is it possible for the auction houses to be merged, and how would that affect the economy on both servers, with the different gold rates, and different supply-demand?

11. Lordaeron will probably continue to live, but it won't be the same.
    I don't know what to say anymore, I'm just very sad about all of this.

12. :D im just stating my point of view on changes. I liked playing this Wotlk/Vanilla wow, but i understand why people like to have full on blizzlike wotlk e without cashshop.

13. The merge will turn Loardeon into a lesser version of a PVE server. Basicly you are not merging battlegrounds but deleting them from Loardeon.

14. Paying BiS characters from Blackrock and Icecrown, that would ruin pvp for anyone that isen't a hardcore pvp player already, atleast arenas. Prolly worst thing u could do to arenas for like 80% of the pop on Lord. Heirlooms kill twinks, rip but i guess it can be overlooked, still hate the idea. Dungeon finder, can't care less one way or ther other, i like the current way but woulden't rly care if there was a dungeon finder avalible.

15. Disabled RDF is the reason why i started playing on this server :/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

First ... 67891018 ... Last